Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch

Celeste - in world 5. This game is fun but kicking my ass. It is immensely satisfying to get that one strawberry or make that one jump after 30+ deaths

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
CupHead on Switch. I like the pro controller.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Gen

Demons of Asteborg
Mega Man: The Wily Wars
Everdrive - Bit of this and that, mostly Street Fighter II

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Playing Nier Replicant for the second time now to get the B ending.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Switch
Record of Lodoss War: Beat this with a 96% map. (The in-game map looked complete to me, so I'm not sure what I missed.) The graphics and style are great, and the weapons are pretty varied, but the bosses kinda suck. You just have to fight them two or three times to understand their patterns and then just have some patience. It's not a challenging game, but it's fun, and I think it would be unfair to be expecting SotN-level quality.

River City Ransom: I had never played this, somehow. The Switch Online save states are obviously much more convenient than the password system. It's annoying that you don't know what stat boosts each item gives you – especially since they're all pretty expensive. But other than that, it's a great game and I can't think of anything like it from that era.

Ice Hockey: If I have ten minutes to kill, this is the way I've been doing it for the past month.

Metroid Dread Demo: I was fighting off the flu when I played this and was pretty out of it, but the map design just seemed kinda off to me. Like in most Metroidvanias, it's pretty clear what general direction you should be going in, but with this I felt like I was just chipping away at whatever direction. I love Metroid, but I'm not sure if I love Spanish Metroíd.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Borderlands 3 waiting for Wunderlands to drop.

32X

Virtua Racing still fun to play
Darxide I keep failing the mission. I may have to watch a YouTube video to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Gen

Ghouls and Ghosts
Dragon's Fury

CD

Shining Force CD

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch
Record of Lodoss War: Beat this with a 96% map. (The in-game map looked complete to me, so I'm not sure what I missed.) The graphics and style are great, and the weapons are pretty varied, but the bosses kinda suck. You just have to fight them two or three times to understand their patterns and then just have some patience. It's not a challenging game, but it's fun, and I think it would be unfair to be expecting SotN-level quality.

River City Ransom: I had never played this, somehow. The Switch Online save states are obviously much more convenient than the password system. It's annoying that you don't know what stat boosts each item gives you – especially since they're all pretty expensive. But other than that, it's a great game and I can't think of anything like it from that era.

Ice Hockey: If I have ten minutes to kill, this is the way I've been doing it for the past month.

Metroid Dread Demo: I was fighting off the flu when I played this and was pretty out of it, but the map design just seemed kinda off to me. Like in most Metroidvanias, it's pretty clear what general direction you should be going in, but with this I felt like I was just chipping away at whatever direction. I love Metroid, but I'm not sure if I love Spanish Metroíd.
There’s a physical for that ROTLW coming the end of this month I’m most likely getting, good to hear your take on it.

Have you tried River City Girls? How about Friends of Ringo Ishikawa on Switch? That’s an interesting one.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
3/6/22

PS2
Mobile Light Force 2
Sengoku Basara X

Switch
Tetris 99

Saturn
Batsugun Special

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Back at E.D.F. 2025 finished game on inferno with ranger. Using Wing Diver now, takes forever to build up armor for her. I'm currently at 1576. I just don't think it's even possibly to finish on inferno with Wing Diver. I barley made it through stage 85 "Star Eaters" with ranger on inferno. I have finish wing diver easy, normal and almost finished with hard. I farmed alot of stages on inferno to unlock level 90 weapons. Man I have logged more hours into this game than any other 360 it's crazy one of my absolute favorite games ever.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Back at E.D.F. 2025 finished game on inferno with ranger. Using Wing Diver now, takes forever to build up armor for her. I'm currently at 1576. I just don't think it's even possibly to finish on inferno with Wing Diver. I barley made it through stage 85 "Star Eaters" with ranger on inferno. I have finish wing diver easy, normal and almost finished with hard. I farmed alot of stages on inferno to unlock level 90 weapons. Man I have logged more hours into this game than any other 360 it's crazy one of my absolute favorite games ever.
I played this through on PS3, and coop made the slowdown just hit hard. It was still a ton of fun though.The PS4 remake EDF 4.1 is way more fluid and keeps the campy charm intact, highly recommend

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
3/13/22

Played a lot of fighters this week

PS4
King of Fighters XV - Trying to unlock all of the soundtracks, I’m really enjoying this now after first impressions was thinking it was ok

NHL 94 Rewind
Bush Hockey League

Switch
Tetris 99

Super Famicom
Taekwondo

PS3
Capcom v SNK 2
Streetfighter x Tekken

PS1
Tekken 3

PS2
Castle of Shikigami

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Celeste - beat this one with 75/175 strawberries collected. The platforming is phenomenal (challenging) and well paced, and the soundtrack is killer. 10/10 would recommend.

Xbox
Jade Empire - haven't been home much to keep playing this so i get in sessions when i can. On chapter 3 and the story and character progression is janky but has that Bioware charm.

PS4
Yakuza Kiwami - started this as a coop playthrough with the wife. Slow start, but it picked up and I'm enjoying the Sega levels of absurdity.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Iv'e actually been playing some.

Final Fight One - GBA
Double Dragon Advance - GBA

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special - NEO·GEO
Holy shit have my skills completely deteriorated, it feels like iv'e never payed this game before in my life!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

Wow you are brave. I can barely do any stage on Inferno as Ranger. I cheese EDF (2017?) on 360 on Insane.

I play EDF 4.1 on PC, it runs so much smoother than console (PS4) or 2025.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wow you are brave. I can barely do any stage on Inferno as Ranger. I cheese EDF (2017?) on 360 on Insane.

I play EDF 4.1 on PC, it runs so much smoother than console (PS4) or 2025.
It's all about getting your armor /hp built up big time. I had to get to 16,500 up for my ranger to withstand stage 85 "Star Eaters" on inferno. The second phase of the earth eaters is where it will absolutely drain you in seconds. The purple lasers are a death sentence if several home in on you. On top of that once they track you will not be able to see shit to aim & pound the brain with the Lysander Z. Every second & shot counts to hit the brain if you miss several shot you might as well start the stage over. If you manage to beat phase two you are home free the last phase is easy. I used both weapons slots with the Lysander Z that way you can switch & rapid fire the sniper.

The absolute worst enem9on inferno are the spider, if you get like 3 on you it's an instant kill even with 16,000 health.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Devil World - Konami mid 80s arcade game. It's like Gauntlet. Strange game, enjoyed it for a while but not enough to finish it.

Mystic Warriors - Holy shit where has this been all my life. "Skull captured your friend!" Soundtrack is insane. @DevilRedeemed you ever play this? LMBO @ the Captain Planet-level of diversity in characters.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I just finished the campaign mode for Blitz: The League for the second time ever. The “story” doesn’t age well, but that game is so fun and for me, gets really overlooked. I might try Blitz 2’s campaign again, but again, the “story” doesn’t age well (it includes inferences to Mike Vick’s “Ron Mexico” situation). The major change in part 2 is targeting specific body parts for injuries.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Last of Us Remastered- First time playing LOU and my expectations were pretty high. So far it delivers but it's very much a product of it's time, end of PS3 life, height of Walking Dead before it went to total shit, a dash of The Road. Using what I assume is the Uncharted engine allows for some quite stunning areas but makes the stealth and item management a bit clunky. Minor criticisms aside it's a very good game and definitely deserves the insane amount of praise.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
3/20/22

King of Fighter XV

Switch
Tetris 99

Don’t think I really played much besides that this week.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
PCE/Genesis

Daimakumra testing on the Genesis for future sale (the console) and I picked up an old SSDS3 for my supergrafx. Not sure what I'm going to do with current PCE and newer SSDS3 Pro or whatever it's called. I mean if an update tweaks the choppy movement of the SGX, I would use it.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Yakuza Kiwami - on chapter 3 and the story is bonkers. I don't know how I missed this on PS2.

Dark Souls - i made a decision to beat a souls game this year. Just started as a Knight and going with a strength/Dex build. Just made it to the Taurus Demon so we'll see how it goes.