Weekly Roundup 2-3-19 Super Bowl Edition

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
3DS
Dragon Quest 5 - Finally beat it.
Dragon Quest 4 - Played the prologue and wasn't feeling it. I've played this game too many times.

iOS
Sega Heroes

Retro Pi
Dragon Quest 3 (SFC) - Was pleasantly surprised to see the English translation on my retropi. Haven't played this in ages. I don't really have a suitable way to play the GBC one.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS4
Shadow of the Colossus

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey - in the Luncheon kingdom

PS1
Legend of Dragoon - Disc 2, got the red Dragon again and going to see Princess Emille

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Smitch
Sega Ages Phantasy Star - Been waiting forever for someone to update this with auto-mapping. I just wish they'd done the Saturn remake with the awesome artwork instead of the Master System one which looks bunk IMO (other than the first person scrolling).

Mega Drive
Chiki Chiki Boys - Just cleared this a few minutes ago (unless you count buying the 1-ups a continue rather than a life - not sure which was is considered a clear or not).

EDIT: Never mind - I just no missed Chiki Chiki Boys. 491,330.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
PS4
Kingdom Hearts 3

Fun game, but the cutscenes set a new bar for mindnumbing stupidity.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
3DS
Dragon Quest 4 - Played the prologue and wasn't feeling it. I've played this game too many times.

I think the DS version really opens up on the 5th chapter since you can actually control your entire party in this one but I still prefer the original 8 bit one the most.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Switch:
Travis strikes again: No more heroes - Just finished the game. I enjoyed it but a lot of the sub games dragged and lasted a bit to long. I also wish there was a bit more VO work in the game. I know its a budget title though so I didn't jump into the game with huge expectations.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I think the DS version really opens up on the 5th chapter since you can actually control your entire party in this one but I still prefer the original 8 bit one the most.

The NES version was a well crafted game, even compared to the DS game. I like the game overall (especially the 3rd chapter as Tornkeo/Taloon where you are trying to have your own store).

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The NES version was a well crafted game, even compared to the DS game. I like the game overall (especially the 3rd chapter as Tornkeo/Taloon where you are trying to have your own store).
Funny, I found that to be the slowest part for me when I played the DS version. I just wanted to fight and explore, but that was a long time ago so my tastes may have changed

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
DQ IV & V for DS are two of the best RPGs ever, IMO. VI is great too, but isn't quite on the level of the other two.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo 2DS

- Heroes of Ruin
Finished, at Level 27, with 100% completion. Pretty good game, and, down the road, I may play through it again, using a different character class (maybe ranged weapons instead of a melee fighter), but, when contemplating that, I'm also reminded of a video game review I once read where the author commented that playing through a long game twice, with different characters, is like doing your homework again with a different colored ink.
- Mario Kart 7
Mucked around again in the Mirrored Circuit for a while and won another cup (4/8 of those completed now). It was actually easier to win the races, since I haven't been playing the game for a while, because I'm beginning to forget where the turns/hazards are "supposed" to be, so, my experiences/memories on the un-mirrored tracks don't mess me up as much on the mirrored tracks as they used to, as I'm now responding more to what I see as it comes, rather than what I've been conditioned to expect.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
1,245 badges and counting . . .
- Pokemon Rumble World
Still 66th rank with 589 Pokemon caught. 191 Pokediamonds accumulated, so close to the 200 I need for that expensive balloon that I can almost taste it!
- Pokemon Shuffle
Finally toppled that damn Deoxys, but, of course, I wasn't able to catch that critter when I did so.
- SwapDoodle