Weekly Roundup 12-30-18 Almost New Years Eve edition

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Taiko No Tatujin - Imported this from the UK, and it's fun. Been using the drum controller.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - having fun with the Spirit mode

3DS
Dragon Quest VI

iOS
Sega Heroes

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Nintendo Switch
Golf Story - Was sick this week so one night I couldn't sleep and I finally beat the last course Blue Dunes. It took me around 20 tries to beat the final course after I beat match play on my first try, it was real tough.

Penguin Wars - Got this for Christmas, I always liked the og arcade version, it is pretty true to the original arcade release with plenty of extra modes and levels.

Strikers 1945 Plus - I enjoy revisiting some neo games on the ps4 and switch and I've been playing the caravan 5 min mode, I think I'm around the top 30.

Snk Heroines - Meh

PS4
King of Fighters IV - Since there was an update, I loaded this up to check it out

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Swtich:
Smash bros. Ultimate - just been playing online matches
Gunbird - Got a vertical monitor stand for xmas, so Have been playing it in TATE mode

XB360
Muchi muchi pork - Xmas gift. have played through it twice so far. Its fun, and a 1cc seems doable with some practice

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
PC
Sky Force

SNES
FF3
Darius Twin
Earth Defense Force
Axelay
Cybernator

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Mainly Smash Ultimate for me. Don't forget to grab the three exclusive spirits this weekend!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
been playing skyrim after many attempts at other games. i have the need to play games but somethings holding me back. i feel like a teenager trying very hard not to grow out of his toys.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
3DS

Kirby: Planet Robobot
Solitaire
Pokèmon Shuffle - I have no idea why I'm still playing this...

GC

Castlevania AoS - Been using the Carby HDMI adapter and the pro action replay disc w/ the homebrew gameboy player software. So much better. Great, if expensive, way to play GBA on my HDTV.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
CPS2
Street Fighter Zero 3
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Xmen COTM

PS4
Final Fantasy X HD - Got to the Al Bhed Home

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo 2DS
- Final Fantasy Explorers
Level 195 now, but, my enthusiasm for this title is starting to waver (I've put in almost 190 hours since I bought it, yikes!) I believe that I've unlocked all of the content, so, all I'm doing anymore is just grinding for rare item drops, mostly from bosses, to forge weapons/armor that I haven't made yet, which is pretty repetitive.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
Still collecting them damn badges, even though I met, and passed my goal of 1,000 of them (1,073 now). Almost got a full NES Punch-out! set the other day, which excited me more than it should.
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Cleared the first world and am working on the second (desert). Still can't decide whether I like or hate this game. The combat really rubs me the wrong way. There are no experience points, so, all you get for winning fights is coins and sometimes stickers, and all you can buy with coins is more stickers, and you have to constantly use said stickers to fight the battles, so, it's all kind of a pointless wheel of busy work in my opinion, thus, I try to avoid fights whenever I can. Last night, I ran into 5 Para-Goombas that had a useless Toad cornered, and they offered to let him go for $25, instead of fighting, and I gladly gave those flying mushrooms the fucking money. Normally, I'd mercilessly beat the shit out of monsters in RPGs that try an extortion stunt like that, but, in this game, I'll weasel out of any battle I can, even if I have to pay to do it. I can stomach grinding, in moderation, if my character is actually getting stronger from doing so (like in Final Fantasy Explorers above), but Mario doesn't improve that way in this game (only through rare upgrade items, which are usually found in the stages themselves, not gotten from enemies). I really like papercraft art, so this game's aesthetic strongly appeals to me, but, man, I could really do without the excessive turn-based combat.
- Pilotwings Resort
Cleared some more plane and jetpack missions (and unlocked the turbo jet plane). Really don't like the hang glider though--riding air currents is too damn slow/boring.
- Pokemon Rumble World
66th rank and 585 Pokemon caught.
- Pokemon Shuffle
265 stages cleared, 418 Pokémon got.
- SwapDoodle

Nintendo DS
- Metroid Prime Pinball

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Nintendo 2DS
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Cleared the first world and am working on the second (desert). Still can't decide whether I like or hate this game. The combat really rubs me the wrong way. There are no experience points, so, all you get for winning fights is coins and sometimes stickers, and all you can buy with coins is more stickers, and you have to constantly use said stickers to fight the battles, so, it's all kind of a pointless wheel of busy work in my opinion, thus, I try to avoid fights whenever I can. Last night, I ran into 5 Para-Goombas that had a useless Toad cornered, and they offered to let him go for $25, instead of fighting, and I gladly gave those flying mushrooms the fucking money. Normally, I'd mercilessly beat the shit out of monsters in RPGs that try an extortion stunt like that, but, in this game, I'll weasel out of any battle I can, even if I have to pay to do it. I can stomach grinding, in moderation, if my character is actually getting stronger from doing so (like in Final Fantasy Explorers above), but Mario doesn't improve that way in this game (only through rare upgrade items, which are usually found in the stages themselves, not gotten from enemies). I really like papercraft art, so this game's aesthetic strongly appeals to me, but, man, I could really do without the excessive turn-based combat.

Just wait until the wiggler world, that was my breaking point. Needless repetition for the sake of padding really got to me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
PS1
Chrono Cross - At the Criosphinx, then onto the final fight.

Switch
Sonic Mania - Gonna finish Encore Mode and then put this aside for a while.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Over 140hrs and still hooked! Trying to do most of the side quests and getting all the rare blades (and they usually have an interesting sidequest of their own to round out their origin/story).

Mame
Got a Nvidia Shield earlier in the week and put mame and a bunch of late 80s/early 90s beat em ups. AvP is the real deal.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ps2

nightshade: old school hard as nails, spent three days trying to pass one level. still a great sequel to one of the best games ever.

tony hawks underground: brings a lot of memories back. loved the tony hawks games back in the day.