Weekly Roundup 1-20-19

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
3DS
Dragon Quest V - I don't really care for the pokemon play mechanics, but this game has one of the best stories in the series.

Switch
Taiko No Tatujin

iOS
Sega Heroes

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Neo Geo
Testing out the component (HD Retrovision cable) and RGB -> PVM by playing a bunch of games
Alpha Mission 2
Andros Dunos
Fatal Fury Special
AoF2

PS4
Fist of the North Star
DQXI

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
3DS

Pokemon Shuffle - Just started getting back into this. Don't know why.
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Solitaire
Kirby Planet Robobo - It's alright, but I forget how 'kiddie' Kirby games are until I play them. Probably would have passed on it if I'd remembered.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Switch
Sonic Mania Plus - Finished Encore Mode which was pretty lame. Putting this one aside for a while now that I've beaten it thrice over (once with Sonic and Tales, once with Knuckles, and once on Encore.)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
3DS
Kirby Planet Robobo - It's alright, but I forget how 'kiddie' Kirby games are until I play them. Probably would have passed on it if I'd remembered.

The thing is, these games should come with a doobie or two, cause even though they are easy, they are always super fun. Just sayin'

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
3DS
Dragon Quest V - I don't really care for the pokemon play mechanics, but this game has one of the best stories in the series.

Switch
Taiko No Tatujin

iOS
Sega Heroes
DQV's story is awesome. Going through three different phases was great.

Neo Geo
Samurai Shodown II AES
Shocktroopers
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

Arcade
Super Turbo

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
The thing is, these games should come with a doobie or two, cause even though they are easy, they are always super fun. Just sayin'

Yeah, I'm enjoying it, but there's been almost no challenge. Great game for a kid.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Switch:
Travis strikes again - about 2 hours in. I like it. Right now the combat is pretty simple, but it was that way in NMH 1&2 as well. Story is neat so far, and some call backs to other games (The silver case) have been cool

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm enjoying it, but there's been almost no challenge. Great game for a kid.

I loved Epic Yarn. It wasn't tough but I made a point of 100%ing it, which added a bit of a challenge. I might pick up the Switch game at some point since it looks like a mainline Kirby game instead of a gimmicky one like Mass Attack or whatever.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Switch:
Super Smash Bros Ultimate- Still working on spirit mode and clearing classic with all of the characters.

GBA:
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Spent most of my gaming time on the Neo Geo this week, played a little bit of about 30 games for short burst. No game clears but just a lot of fun on different titles

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo 2DS
- Cubed 3D
Finished 11 of the 40 levels perfectly (all marbles, trophies and sketchbooks). So far, I'm actually finding the levels to be relatively easy to solve. I think that's because, having made several 3-dimensional dioramas out of 2D video game environments, my brain is already trained to think/visualize in the way that this game is set up.
- Heroes of Ruin
In the home stretch, 80% completion and my character is level 24. Finally found some other people playing this game online yesterday, but that didn't work out too good. The first person, a level 3 newbie, kicked me out of their game before I even got to meet up with them on the map. They were on the first dungeon, and I did the first sub-quest, collecting 3 pieces of driftwood, and they gave me the boot immediately after I completed that. I guess it's my fault, as I committed the cardinal sin of touching another man's wood without his permission! The second game I found had two other players, and me and one of the other guys were waiting for the 3rd dude to get to the boss area (you can't trigger a boss fight unless you're all present), but I lost the connection before that could happen. Blah.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
1,175 badges.
- Pokémon Rumble World
Still rank 66 with 589 pokemon caught. Saved up 149 Pokediamonds, so, I'm almost 75% of the way to the 200 that I need to buy that most expensive balloon, after which, I expect my rank should go up into the low 70s pretty quickly.
- Pokémon Shuffle
277 stages cleared, 459 pokemon captured.
- SwapDoodle

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
3DS
Pokemon Shuffle - Just started getting back into this. Don't know why.

'Cuz it's awesome! Really wish it had been a retail cartridge release instead of a free game with the pay-to-play bullshit though.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ps2

simpsons hit and run
resident evil 4
ace combat 5

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: more Dark Souls 3, it's better than the second game, but for me the first one will always be the best.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Been playing Mega Man X6, I think I just enjoy playing this game through more times because of X having Zero's saber and the music.

Also, my daughter has been telling me I need to play New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Switch. She enjoys watching me play as Toadette/Peachette. I'm now in Roy's world.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Been playing Mega Man X6, I think I just enjoy playing this game through more times because of X having Zero's saber and the music.

Also, my daughter has been telling me I need to play New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Switch. She enjoys watching me play as Toadette/Peachette. I'm now in Roy's world.
I enjoyed NSMBU and moreso the challenge in NSLU, the switch bundle doesn't really have much for me to rebuy the games but it's enjoyable. I feel it's better than it's predecessors, it was the victim of oversaturation.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
XBOX 360
Sega Rally Arcade
Daytona USA Love just running through the first oval course.

Switch
Strikers 1945 +
Mario Kart - Moved up in CC
Kid Nicky Radical Ninja (I need to play the NES version again, I think I prefer it to the arcade version)

PS4
Tabletop Racing World Tour - Hate the controls and how if you touch a cpu car they try to run you off the track but the game is fun
King of Fighters '99 - Had all the other KOFs available on PS4 so I figured why not.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I enjoyed NSMBU and moreso the challenge in NSLU, the switch bundle doesn't really have much for me to rebuy the games but it's enjoyable. I feel it's better than it's predecessors, it was the victim of oversaturation.

I guess that makes me fortunate that I missed out on Wii U. Made a lot of these must purchases for me.