Weekly Gaming Roundup to 20th December

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
PS3

Final Fantasy XIII. Only about 2 hours in, but happy with it so far. No noticable loading once you start a game, seamless transfers between gameplay and cut scenes, the kind of visuals and audio you would expect from such a high profile title. Gameplay seems to have progressed a bit but nothing major. Story is a bit average so far but there are a bunch of characters and it looks like it has good potential. Sazu is a bit of an ass.

One weird thing I noticed: the detail on Snow's coat seems to vary. Is there an explanation for this or just an oversight?

Gran Turismo 5 Driving Academy challenge. Quality. This one track, two car freebie challenge is better than many full price retail driving games.

Little Big Planet. Thanks to Bobak, Snair, and Gameoz for the session. Had to drop as my visiting parents woke up and started to give me stick about playing games when I should be spending quality time with my son (who was fast asleep).

Need for Speed Shift. After coming straight off the GT5 challenge onto this, you instantly realise how this game can't even compete.

PSP

Little Big Planet

Gran Turismo PSP

Reading Doraemon on the new comic reader. I'm pretty impressed with this. Only one story from Doraemon (the very first one), but in colour and it looks fantastic on the Go's screen. Easy to read just by shutting the system closed and progressing with the R trigger. 100 Yen for the story so decent value. First time I have read it in colour. Will be buying more of this for sure.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Army of Two
Don't B Nervous Talking 2 Girls demo (holy FUCK is this a laugh riot...download the demo and see why)
Netflix
HD DVD player :tickled:

Wii
Brawl

A slow week for gaming to be sure.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
PS3

Army of Two; The 40th Day (demo) - Wow, they improved the graphics, should be cool.
Kane & Lynch - beat it, looking forward to the sequel. Multi-player is pretty nice.
Little Big Planet (sorry I didn't have my mic charged, I could barely hear you guys over the music too. So I turned it off, but could still barely hear you. Next time I'll be prepared.)
Modern Warfare 2
Uncharted 2

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 - mostly playing Black Label Original mode ATM

PC
Quake Live

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
NES
Final Fantasy
Castlevania III

My friend is borrowing my PS3, so I went back in time this week for some old classics. After plowing through the PSP remake of Final Fantasy, I'd forgotten how difficult the NES version truly is. There's a strong chance you might get killed when entering a dungeon!! Magic is nearly worthless in the PSP one, but on the NES it's a very powerful weapon.

I've played it so many times though, I love it. I'm gonna try to survive with a full team of black mages. :D

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
360 :

Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5
Senko no Ronde

DS :

Idolmaster Dearly Stars

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
PS2
Mushihime-sama
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame

My buddy Jürgen brought his machine along for a bit of (for me) next-gen gaming...

Mushihime-sama Futari (what a masterpiece! Excellent sequel and very well thought out gameplay mechanics and controls, graphics and sound are great too. Huge choice of options and extras, makes me want to buy one of those shaky consoles...)

Trial (I never laughed so hard while playing a game. It's really nice, reminds me of Kickstart on C=64... crashes look hilarious, the way the puppet-like character lands on his face and then helplessly flails about while grinding his nose over the ground had me in stitches. Brilliant.)

Space Invaders Extreme (another addition to the ever-growing number of SI releases. Quite cool updated version of the game, the shot sound could be a little less annoying, though.)

Peggle (so this must be the bastard child of a Pachinko machine and Bust-a-Move, eh... very addictive.)

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS3
Demon's Souls:Second game plus run now.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Neo Geo
KOF95

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
PS3
Eye Of Judgment (got it with the camera and everything and paid less that 9.99 being an employee at the evil empire)
Pain
Home

Castlevania: SotN

NES
Castlevania III

DS
Monolopy

very random mix of games eh?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Wii
Dracula: Rebirth
Murasama: Demon Blade
Cooking Mama

Futari
Fight Night Round 4

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
PS3
Modern Warfare 2 - I got to play some 3rd person Team Tactical for the first time. I would seriously quit regular TDM for 3rd person TDM. So much fun!

Dante's Inferno demo - For an EXACT God of War clone, it was fun. I'd buy it if it sold for about $30 though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer - I'll most likely be playing this until Mass Effect 2 comes out.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
PC
Left 4 Dead 2
Torchlight (great Diablo clone)

ARCADE
Final Fight
Punisher

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Mostly Modern Warfare 2 online (360).

On the Mac, I'm back in WoW again. :oh_no: We'll see how long this lasts.

Started up Wipeout HD again, loving that. Pixel Junk Shooter is interesting..

And on the DS front I've still been playing Phantasy Star 0, leveling up in Hard Mode, with a little Zelda Spirit Tracks on the side.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Wii/VC
Phantasy Star IV
Pinball Hall of Fame Gottlieb Collection

DS
Phantasy Star 0

Nothing out that interests me ATM.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Well I'm on vacation, so it's handhelds-only for me:

PSP
Resident Evil 2 (Forgot how good this game is.)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Demo Ops (Looks promising, but I still can't beat the goddamned tank section. I take out all the guards, nothing happens, what the fuck.)

DS
Dragon Quest V (Bought it to play on the plane. Good choice, I love Dragon Quest, and so far, this one is as good as any I've played.)

That's it for me. I've only played for a few minutes total, but I'd be a pretty lame guy if I went to a foreign country and just sat around playing games all day.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
PC ~

WoW for 4 hours. .The opening of ICC was kinda meh, only 4 bosses opened that's how long it took us to down them on 10 and 25.

Warhammer ~ I love this game is short burst. They really need to remove the subscription fee though. Mystic claims they have 300k subscribers. Yeah right, they're down to 4 servers now. I'd guess 50-55k.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
-PS3/PSP-
InFAMOUS
Wet
Disgaea 2
GTA: CW
Ultimate Genesis Collection

BIG

sony fanboy
bayonetta demo.