Weekly Gaming Round Up ~2/3

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
PCE

Winning Shot - Not too bad for an 8-bit golf game. It's strange, even to me, that I hate all sports games... except for golf, which I have no interest in playing irl, watching on TV, etc.
Street Fighter II' Champion Edition - I love how good this port is. It shouldn't be this good, considering the age of the hardware at that point, but it is.

The wait continues for the release of the SSDS3. I was impatient to try out my new controllers and system, so I ordered some cheap games off of eBay. Just waiting for Volfied to arrive, and then I'm good on physical releases for the PCE.

PS4

Dragon Quest Builders

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's strange, even to me, that I hate all sports games... except for golf, which I have no interest in playing irl, watching on TV, etc.

Hate for all other sports games? That's tough... even "alternative" sports games, like Windjammers, Dodge Ball or Cosmic Smash etc.?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Hate for all other sports games? That's tough... even "alternative" sports games, like Windjammers, Dodge Ball or Cosmic Smash etc.?

Never played Windjammers, but it always looked like fun. I guess I mostly meant baseball, football, basketball, etc. Oliverpedantic.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Its been a while since we had one these

-DREAMCAST:
RESIDENT EVIL 2 HARD MODE - Been itching to play RE2 on DC for a while since now Ive beaten this games more times then i can count but never once on Dreamcast. Ive always really liked the way it looked on that console compared to Gamecube plus the VMU implementation is awesome. Most interesting is the difficulty settings. One of my biggest problems with RE2 is its just too damn easy.

This mode is actually some what challenging. Zombies are a big threat early on. They can take a shit load of handgun bullets to go down, you have to get a critical shot that takes off their head or they wont die. Swarms were actually scary and forced me to carefully shotgun them. Usually i just carelessly plow through the game since you barely take any damage and get plenty of ammo. This mode doesnt let you do that so easily as simple mistakes can cost you a lot of health.

I play through RE2 on PS1, N64 and GCN usually at least once or twice a year but with this mode I actually feel a little tense playing. First time feeling like this since my first play through 20 years ago. Unfortunately it doesnt stay tense as i just finished Leon A and while im not swimming in ammo and health, im not hurting either. I wonder how the B scenarios are going to be though since Mr. X will certainly soak up alot of that.

Still a great way to play this game. I think this might be the definitive version.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
3DS
Dragon Quest VIII- great port of the PS2 classic. A little grindy at times, but the feature to see enemies on the world map was a godsend, especially for King Metal Slimes.

Neo
Blazing Star
Garou
Real Bout 2

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
SNES
Batman Returns
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Space Megaforce

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

The Outfit
Wolfenstein 09'
B.I.A. Hell's Highway

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
3DS - Dragon Quest VIII. I think I stopped playing about halfway through back when it first came out for PS2. I am looking to finish it this time around. Portability definitely helps!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox One)
Sinistar (Atari 5200 homebrew)
Arkanoid (NES)
Master of Darkness (Master System)
Super Punch-Out!! (Super Nintendo)
Donkey Kong (Atari XEGS)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
PS2

resident evil 4: i never gave resident evil 4 a fair chance because it was so different from the first three games which i'm a big fan of, but now going back to it for the first time after many year i am surprised to find how good it is. i could go as far saying i now like it more than all the games in the series that came before it. the genuinely creepy atmosphere and locations topped with great gameplay makes this one so addictive.

ridge racer v: i love this game.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Switch:

Pinball FX3
Mario Oddessey

PS3:

The Club

Saturn:

Blast Wind
Out Run

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
3DS:
Finished all the extra levels in BoxBoy.

Played through 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 a few times.

PS2:
Wonder Boy on Sega Ages PS2 collection

1CC'd Psyvariar

Mega Drive:
Twinkle Tale

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PS2

resident evil 4: i never gave resident evil 4 a fair chance because it was so different from the first three games which i'm a big fan of, but now going back to it for the first time after many year i am surprised to find how good it is. i could go as far saying i now like it more than all the games in the series that came before it. the genuinely creepy atmosphere and locations topped with great gameplay makes this one so addictive.

Yeah with RE4, there is a reason its constantly popping up on best games of all time lists. It really is that good

And yeah it does have its really creepy moments which they completely tossed out for RE5 which wasnt scary at all. RE6 does have some good moments though

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PS2

I loved that game. Last good Ridge Racer game unfortunately.

I've been playing nothing but Skyrim VR. Not sure I'll really have any urge to play anything else.. it pretty much is everything I want out of a game right now.

Also been playing Marble Madness on Genesis with my daughter. She loves it. I can get to level 5 but can't beat it yet.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PS4:

Dragon ball fighterZ - Really a dream come true. Loving this game. Its a steep learning curve for me though, as I don't really play anime/high flying fighting games to much. But I'm really enjoying learning it, and wanna continue competing in it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS:

- Away Shuffle Dungeon
This action RPG has an old school arcade-y feel to it that I really dig. The layout of the overhead dungeons literally shuffles every 8-10 seconds, so you really have to stay on your toes whilst battling monsters, grabbing treasure chests, and flipping switches. Highly recommended!
- Brain Assist
Fun Sega Brain Age type game.
- Games Around the World
16 mini games. They're not all winners, but most of them are pretty fun.
- Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
First Mr. Driller game I've ever owned or tried. It's a pretty fun action-orientated spin on the traditional puzzle genre.
-N+
A lot of people love this game, but I just don't get the appeal. It's okay, but just not my thing.
- Pac 'N Roll
Pac-Man meets Marble Madness. The DS' touch screen works pretty good as a trackball too!
- Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
I really liked this game at first, but, just like real life, once you get married and have a kid, it's the same old drudgery every day. A second generation (i.e., my in-game child when they get older) is supposed to open up eventually, with new dungeon areas and features, but, it's sure taking forever for that to happen.
- Soul Bubbles
Guide a bubble full of spirits through convoluted environments. You've gotta chop your bubble into smaller pieces to fit through tiny spaces, merge them back together into a single larger bubble to activate switches, stuff like that. Unique and interesting game.
- Sports Collection
Fifteen sports games. I've only played Baseball, Soccer, Skiiing, Rock-Climbing, and Kayaking so far though. Touch controls are a little iffy, especially in soccer, but it's a pretty fun game.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
PS4:
Monster Hunter World

I see a couple of titles in this thread that intrigue me (Dragon Quest Builders and the DBZ fighter) but PS4 simply has too much good content and not enough time.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
DQBuilders is a fun take on Minecraft that's a bit of a time sink. I've been slowly progressing through the story mode and it's a very easy, low stress, play when you want sort of game. I'd say pick it up if you find it cheap enough and just want something to zone out to.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Vita
Berserk Musou
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype

SNES
Super Castlevania IV