Watches

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
20230520-115315.jpg

I don't like this watch at all. First of all, it's a quartz. I bought it at Macys or JC Penny a few years back because I thought it would pair well with a black or grey suit and blue shirt. And it does. But I assumed it was a mechanical, not a quartz. It's only a few years old, and the battery is already nearly dead. It stopped and restarted by itself this morning.

Also, it's uncomfortable, and has no micro-adjustments. So you have to remove links, and it's either super tight or a bit sloppy. Fossil is the worst. Haha
Whatever, I mean, it was fairly cheap if I recall, under 200 or so, but still, the quality is shit. But damned if it doesn't look good with this suit and shirt, and that was the whole point anyway.

prof

Ha! Pretty much. It was in a box, and I guess I just assumed. The clerk wasn't much help if I recall. I just needed one that day because I was out of town, and I wanted to get one that matched with my suit. Oh, well. I only wear it a handful of times a year. At least it looks nice.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I love quartz and solar. People shouldn't sleep on them.

That being said, I'd probably skip Fossil quartz. With Citizen, Casio, Seiko (and Grand Seiko), and not to mention the Swiss stuff, why even mess with Fossil?

prof

Sage words indeed, roker. And to others with even a passing curiousity of the brand, consider my Fossil post a cautionary tale. Like a scary campfire story at bedtime amongst a group of watch guys. Shit battery life, clunky feel, and no micro-adjustments. The horror. You'd be better off fashioning a sun dial out of a piece of driftwood.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Got myself a little nice JDM Seiko model in Kyoto last month

2023-05-19_132300.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I know it's nothing special but this was my Dad's watch. He wore this everyday, even when he was in the hospital. He rejected automatics only wore quartz. This was his favorite brand and favorite watch. R.I.P
When did he pass? Hope you're doing all right bro

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
@roker tell the truth...you have some kind of arm hair kink and this is a genius way for you to get your fix...

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
this one is more silver-platin colored - the 813 is more pure white if I am not mistaken

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
IMG_3274.jpegIMG_3275.jpeg

Took the NATO off the a168 and replaced it with this brushed metal bracelet. It works well with it and more true to the original without the hair pinching shit bracelet of the original design. I wish Casio would make a premium version of this watch, but until then I'll roll with it like this.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Found the perfect watch for AES big tymers...

cheap crap but 52 (!!!!!!) mm

1684870428549.png

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Moar bling than your wrist has room for!