Watches

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Guitars > Watches

In the sense of men's accessories, I think it's far more obnoxious to have an unused guitar for decoration. "Yeah I've been meaning to learn, I marked some youtube tutorials to watch..."

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
In the sense of men's accessories, I think it's far more obnoxious to have an unused guitar for decoration. "Yeah I've been meaning to learn, I marked some youtube tutorials to watch..."

Any unnecessary and/or unused artifact inspires derision from acquaintances and fellow civilized humans... except american NEO-GEO home cartridges.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

I agree.

I have 6. I only don't play one, because it was a gift I gave to my brother in law who died, and I was gifted it back by the family. Truth be told it's not a high quality guitar, so I don't play it. But I play the rest of them, even my shitty bass guitar lol.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I splurged once on a low tier swiss mechanical watch (a zeno) back in 2012(?), and I only wear it at weddings or formal events.

It scratched the itch and I'll probably never fuck around with expensive watches ever again.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I have a Rangeman G•Shock I haven’t seen anywhere else but on my wrist. Struck when the iron was hot, and got lucky...used onboard cruise credit to get it.
5d8015605fd3df5da58a1347bd7fa988.jpg

1aaf3fe6aed81ce3aa8b66a3011c327a.jpg

My Swatch in Curaçao blue, that I got on Curaçao, is my daily driver.
1f476cecac5be6ba140a0a623a2ade78.jpg

Would love an old Senna for a formal night jawn; however, the MotoGP Tissots are in the running also.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Casio Rangeman is a good find. There's some rabid Gshock fan's, so you could probably sell that for MSRP right now.

Shackleford

Banned
I have like 12 watches i've kept throughout my life...I dont think i ever replaced a battery on any one of them. Is it weird that i wear it on special occasions even though they dont work.

Seriously...replace the battery. Don't ya feel like a total shit for brains wearing a dead watch.....just wear a bracelet for fuck sakes.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So I’ve been informing myself a bit more, and I think the style I’m looking for is either a sporty dress watch or a dressy sport watch. Divers and other bulkier or more complicated watches are bit more than I want. I think the Seiko Presage SRPC79J1 with a steel band is kinda the look and feature set I’m going for and within my price range. Anyone have one of these?

Edit: I think it looks like a much more budget friendly Datejust, which if I had the money looks really sharp.

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I'm not a big tymer. I've started wearing a Timex indiglo watch again. I used to wear them when I was younger but stopped because I found them uncomfortable. I get the utility of cell phones, but I'm not attached to the hip with mine. I like the functionally of having a watch, haven't hopped on the smart watch train though.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have a few watches.

I have a Rotary which is a lovely watch but is only used as a dress watch as its to expensive to wear for general use.

I have a Seiko Chrono watch which I got as a gift from my previous employer which I cant rate highly enough, But I dont wear it to work as its likely to get damaged.

Then I have my every day watch which is a Casio wave ceptor digital watch.
Works great, Auto adjusts itself for perfect accuracy and is cheap as chips so I dont care if it gets knocked about (and it does).
But it also looks stylish for a digital watch so win win.

I did have a Seiko 5 before I got the Casio which is a automatic but it only lasted 6 months before it started loosing time to a noticeable degree.

I suspect that was due to my work more than anything but all autos loose or gain time to some degree anyway.
Other than that it was a really nice watch and again cheap.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
So I’ve been informing myself a bit more, and I think the style I’m looking for is either a sporty dress watch or a dressy sport watch. Divers and other bulkier or more complicated watches are bit more than I want. I think the Seiko Presage SRPC79J1 with a steel band is kinda the look and feature set I’m going for and within my price range. Anyone have one of these?

Edit: I think it looks like a much more budget friendly Datejust, which if I had the money looks really sharp.
And just a heads up, You can wear a metal strap watch with anything. You can dress down or up with it, its a jake of all trades. Leather straps are for dressing up.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
leather straps hurt less than the metal ones way better all arounders, metal is for Special occasions.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have:
114060 No date submariner
116234 36mm Datejust
Speedmaster moonwatch

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Mostly wear G-Shocks, because I like looking like an old man with teenage taste. Really though I love Casio watches, they seem to be mostly indestructible and look decent enough. I would really like to have a Casio Oceanus, or maybe a Phoibos Dive watch when I have some extra disposable income. Seiko is also a favorite, and I really liked the mini tuna I used to own. I love watches but I’ve only got two wrists so I only have/need a few.

-SD-

Camel Slug
As soon as Apple release a watch that can accurately monitor my blood sugar without stabbing my fucking finger several times a day, I’ll throw cash at them. Until then I’ll stick with me Gucci.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
As soon as Apple release a watch that can accurately monitor my blood sugar without stabbing my fucking finger several times a day, I’ll throw cash at them. Until then I’ll stick with me Gucci.

Do those continuous monitors have needles in them? Or do that have some sort of laser sensor thing?

-SD-

Camel Slug
Do those continuous monitors have needles in them? Or do that have some sort of laser sensor thing?

Those sticky patches have a small filament that inserts under the skin to do the sensing, which is quite irritating. And it’s not continuous monitoring, you have to scan the patch with a device.

I want something that’s completely non-invasive as I’m pretty fed up with stabbing myself several times a day in different places.