Watches

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I actually really like my Apple Watch. I've had the Series 3 for 2 years now, and it's pretty great not to be looking at my phone all the time. I filter the notifications so I only get alerts from high priority people and whatnot, so it's not always buzzing. And the health stuff has helped me lose weight – I use it along with a calorie tracker and a digital scale, all of which talk to one another. Easily skipping 10 seconds on a podcast while driving is amazing. I also have it set to go off if my hear rate gets to a certain point for a few minutes – I get sleep paralysis somewhat often, though less than in the past, and having it to wake me up is useful.

I get sleep paralysis from time-to-time but not often enough to call it a problem. I have sleep apnea though (and I'm not a fat fuck, genetics). I dunno. I'm not jumping into anything anytime soon.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
My submariner is legit. It's actually a rare
Swiss only model. The other two I got for $10 in Boracay.

index.php
View attachment 52452
Nice fake Rolex, did you suck dick for it in a dark Portland alleyway?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I get sleep paralysis from time-to-time but not often enough to call it a problem. I have sleep apnea though (and I'm not a fat fuck, genetics). I dunno. I'm not jumping into anything anytime soon.
Yeah, I used to complain about being tired all the time to my doctors. They told me I was lazy. Two decades later I finally got a sleep study. 10-20 apneas per night. Same deal as you - I'm not fat, something's just weird.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
yeah. sleep study. i dont think most people are sleeping well enough these days.
CPAPs dont have the same stigma as being for fat fucks like they used to.

fake

15 Year Member
Grand Seikos look nice. Anyone here into them?
There are other things I'd drop that amount of money on before a GS but the snowflake dials are really cool. I like the power reserve gauge as well.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
There are other things I'd drop that amount of money on before a GS but the snowflake dials are really cool. I like the power reserve gauge as well.

Just looking at a few today (not ready to buy anything):

I like the simple design but a bit on the pricey side. Probably won't go this path.

Regular Seiko priced reasonably:

Another reasonably priced watch but from Tissot:

I like the design of the case.

Laco. I'm not familiar with this brand at all but that's a cool old timey face with an excellent lume:

I have an open-heart Hamilton I'm really happy with. Maybe I'll post a pic.

fake

15 Year Member
That Presage is really nice. I'm personally saving up for the Seiko Alpinist SARB017. I wish I knew about it earlier – gently used ones are going for a few bills over MSRP.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That Presage is really nice. I'm personally saving up for the Seiko Alpinist SARB017. I wish I knew about it earlier – gently used ones are going for a few bills over MSRP.
I see them in the 600 range on the Reddit watch exchange. Is that a good price?

fake

15 Year Member
I see them in the 600 range on the Reddit watch exchange. Is that a good price?
Yeah, that's the going rate for resale. MSRP was like $415 though IIRC. It was never released in the US so it wasn't an easy model to get to begin with. Have you seen the Seiko Rising Sun? That's a really nice dress watch IMO.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I've been slowly coming round on the whole watch thing, I'm thinking about a Tank Americaine, it would work for more casual wear, a pure dress watch like the Breguet classique is also nice but wouldn't probably get much wear, a PP calatrava is a bit cliche.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Who the fuck decided expensive watches are cool now? Just get a fake one that looks identical.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I don't really wear a watch unless I'm off out somewhere smart... so my modest "collection" consists of a Heuer Reference 12 chronograph (a gift from Ford Motor Company to my father) and a Carrera chronograph (which I bought, funnily enough when I worked for Ford).

One of these days I'll get around to buying a Breitling Emergency.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
If the most expensive things you cherish are video games - you have a problem