Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Oris Big Crown Pointer Date Bronze
rDdGhej.png

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
73BB49F0-232C-4374-B062-6FD881228879.jpeg

I think this is the watch I’ll get some day. Blue is nice too.

So most likely, I’m going to Greece next year; I can purchase a watch there and just bring it back here and get a tax (VAT) refund on it. I’m going to definitely consider doing that. A Rolex might be out of my reach, but I do think I could get a Seamaster some day.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
How do you get a VAT refund? I’ve heard stories of people getting fined at customs or having to hide the box / paperwork.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
How do you get a VAT refund? I’ve heard stories of people getting fined at customs or having to hide the box / paperwork.

What's a VAT Refund?

If you are a foreign buyer, you do not need to pay VAT. If you pay this tax when shopping abroad, you can often get your money back after you've returned home, since travelers are typically entitled to a refund for the VAT portion of prices for goods.

There are certain rules to this system and certain things you need to remember to do so you receive this refund. First of all, to qualify for this refund, you need to be:

• Older than 16 years old;
  • A non-EU citizen (British citizens are now applicable for this VAT refund as the UK is no longer part of the EU);
  • You cannot be in EU for longer than six months;
  • You need to spend more than €100.01 in a single store, in a single day.
It is worth noting that this system is available in all EU countries.

Also, still some things have to lineup for this idea to work. Mainly a strong US dollar versus the euro.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Some chronos I think look cool:

Tudor Heritage Chrono

A89AE30B-9030-4040-8933-4B2F574F5D61.jpeg

Still nothing I would buy, but I like the way the colors clash.

Brew Metric Retro Dial

E6CFEB9D-E2B9-4F0C-9A53-40F8BC72DA91.jpeg

Pure hipster watch. I think it looks pretty cool. It’s pretty affordable as well.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
C107FCDD-CC84-4B06-A58B-AC275E8025D8.jpeg
Took these out to clean the bracelets then it goe back into the safety deposit box

43F9FB1B-F012-419A-BF5E-8A0CB67AEA94.jpeg
Battery died on this I don’t know when but I put a new battery in it and now the second hand is stuck …

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
View attachment 59981
Took these out to clean the bracelets then it goe back into the safety deposit box

View attachment 59982
Battery died on this I don’t know when but I put a new battery in it and now the second hand is stuck …
Safety Deposit Boxes are NOT Safe
I would think about just bringing them home and spending the money on a personal safe.
Things might work a bit different in Canada than the USA but I view SDBs like I view cloud storage.
You're leaving valuable things in someone else's care.

fake

15 Year Member
Pure hipster watch. I think it looks pretty cool. It’s pretty affordable as well.
What is a hipster watch? Does it have a vinyl copy of the Neutral Milk Hotel album hidden inside it?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
What is a hipster watch? Does it have a vinyl copy of the Neutral Milk Hotel album hidden inside it?

Brand is called, "Brew" they call this model "Retro" and it's made to time a perfect shot of espresso ... I'd say that's hipster.

fake

15 Year Member
Brand is called, "Brew" they call this model "Retro" and it's made to time a perfect shot of espresso ... I'd say that's hipster.
I'ma leave that one alone, but I will say I do kinda like that particular Brew watch's colorway. I hate the bean logo, though. Feels like he put the date window in a stupid spot because he wanted to get the logo in at the 3 o'clock zone. The one with the green dial is my favorite so far:

eqsdhghwsoc81.jpg

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I have the Blue Seamaster. It's a heavy watch/band, so I typically pair with a Eulit Perlon strap.

I don't mind fashion watches like the listed Brew. It's a little phony to time the perfect brew since it's very bean dependent, but I like the style.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Safety Deposit Boxes are NOT Safe
I would think about just bringing them home and spending the money on a personal safe.
Things might work a bit different in Canada than the USA but I view SDBs like I view cloud storage.
You're leaving valuable things in someone else's care.
Can’t read articles … I was told to not put any cash in the safety deposit box , I usually keep passports and important documents in there .it’s Close to my place so I have easy access . But since COVID it pita to have access you need appointments and such just to access . the green one have been sitting in it for over 3 year .

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'ma leave that one alone, but I will say I do kinda like that particular Brew watch's colorway. I hate the bean logo, though. Feels like he put the date window in a stupid spot because he wanted to get the logo in at the 3 o'clock zone. The one with the green dial is my favorite so far:

eqsdhghwsoc81.jpg

I think it’s a nice watch and something I would consider, even though chronos aren’t usually my thing. Definitely more of a fashion watch.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Kern I didn't know you were a classy fellow. Also, what's everyone's opinion on Richard Mille watches? Personally I think they overpriced tacky shit, and just go to show that money can't by class or taste.