WARNING! member James Brooke aka progearspec - he's a thief!

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
WARNING! member James Brooke aka progearspec - he's a thief!

I got ripped off by member Progearspec, he was supposed to send me KoF 98 for 100 GPD last monday 060821 and
give me tracking number as soon as he sent the game. I still haven't heard from him even though I've sent several
e-mails and messages here at the forum.

His paypaladdress: neojamessnk@yahoo.co.uk
Photobucket: http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/james-brooke/

Does anyone know how I could get my money back?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Depends on how you paid for the game. If you used paypal or a credit card you can get dipute / charge back. MO or cash, wait till you see him walking down a dark alley and do your own version of a chargeback.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Hmm,

The guy joins on the 17th, his last visit is on the 19th having taken £100 from you.

Looks like a scammer.
:crying:

Best of luck recovering the money.

Buyer beware - use the feedback ratings!

Superfamifreak

Kula's Diamond
20 Year Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but those pictures look familiar....

If you paid by paypal then maybe you can do a chargeback.

Could one of the mods do an IP check? Could be a members fake account?

Also may be a good idea to check AES auctions on ebay over the last few months, as these items may have been listed and the location in the auction would give you a better idea where he's from.

If worst comes to the worst, I'm sure there are a few UK'ers who would help 'persuade' the guy to refund you ;)

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Thanks guys for all of your support. I went to my bank office today and maybe I'll get my money back from them or via PayPal - probably not. Just have to wait 30 days and then I'll see.
This was my first deal here at the forum. I learned my lesson, no more deals with people without feedback.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
a04_msh said:
Thanks guys for all of your support. I went to my bank office today and maybe I'll get my money back from them or via PayPal - probably not. Just have to wait 30 days and then I'll see.
This was my first deal here at the forum. I learned my lesson, no more deals with people without feedback.
Sorry that your first deal went bad, that's a heckuva way to get broken in to trading on the forum.

Try not to let that dissuade you from doing more deals in the future, as there are lots of great members here who will give you far better deals than you'll find on eBay.

Here's hoping you get your money back!

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Sheesh when I saw this thread I thought someone had it out for me since his name is one letter off mine.

Hope everything works out for you though.

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
...now he has shut down his photobucket page. Probably just moved pictures to new address.
But I'll remember what they looked like :very_ang:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I'm still pretty new here, but there are always a few basic rules when trading:

A) Make sure they have some feedback on the NG forums.

B) If they supply you with an ebay account for feedback, make sure you message that account and verify that it is the same person who posts on here.

Good luck getting your money back, I know how it feels, I almost lost $90 a few days ago.