wanted: pso gamecube keyboard adpater

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
these were given out with phantasy star online back in the day. if you had the game. looking for couple.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
these were given out with phantasy star online back in the day. if you had the game. looking for couple.

No they weren't. I had to buy that fucker for almost 70 bucks when the Gamecube version came out. :(

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Are you talking about a PS/2 to Gamecube adapter?
The Datel Powerboard keyboard came with one of those, if you can track one down (or figure out how to wire one up).

GameCube-Controller-Tastatur-Keyboard-Powerboard-Datel-a.jpg

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
no its a small adpater that pluged into the port it was very much a giveaway to pso users. it was a limited run thing if you paid 70 for this ps2 to gc adapter you got hosed

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Are you sure you aren't thinking of what was offered for Xbox users? (a USB adapter that plugged into the controller memory card slot) If I recall correctly, this was given away if you requested it. I don't remember anything free being offered for Gamecube.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Are you sure you aren't thinking of what was offered for Xbox users? (a USB adapter that plugged into the controller memory card slot) If I recall correctly, this was given away if you requested it. I don't remember anything free being offered for Gamecube.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Gamecube version you had to import your shit..

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Some stores offered it free if you bought PSO ver III. I got one from blockbuster when they sold the game. I bought the ASCII keyboard shortly after and gave that little piece away.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Some stores offered it free if you bought PSO ver III. I got one from blockbuster when they sold the game. I bought the ASCII keyboard shortly after and gave that little piece away.

Oh that's funny then. I never got the Card Game since it was lol CCGs but The original and 2nd release of PSO never offered a Keyboard in my area.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1

so im indeed correct this adapter existed and it had a square end with a ps/2 port?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1

i have the xbox one and i bought it here on the forum a few years ago but i swear this gc version existed. i just cant find pics

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
so im indeed correct this adapter existed and it had a square end with a ps/2 port?

You are correct, I just asked a friend of mine and he said that Nintendo also offered the piece by mail order in certain copies of PSO Vol II as well.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
great becuase i saw a picture once and references but cant find that info anymore. i was beginning to doubt my search. thanks for confirming im not crazy