Want to win a KOF 2003 MVS cart and SNK Classics Vol 1 for PS2?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Hey all,

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a plug, but I thought I'd mention that as today is the 9th birthday of NeoGeoForLife.com, we are running a competition on the site. We are giving away a KOF 2003 MVS cart and a number of other items, so if you are interested in entering (it's open to members and non members of the site), please head on over to this page:

NGFL Competition -->

Would love to see some entries from people here! Thanks guys/gals! :)

Kaz

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Wow, 9 years. It almost feels like it's been a bit longer than that since my memories of re-discovering the Neo-Geo (post 94) involved visiting your site. I actually came in from the darkside and used your extensive reviews and screenshots to decide which rom to download next (no flames you bastards!); download speeds weren't too fast back then so it was important I was grabbing a quality title.

Jump 5 years later: A Neo25 candy cabinet, 2hrs away from my home, was put up for sale on this board and I had to get it. That began my re-entry into the legit world of Neo-Geo via MVS. I didn't like stacking up my games and wanted something to "show off" my collection and discovered "Shockboxes". Although it curbed one appetite, I wasn't completely satisfied with the inserts that were available at the time. That began my entry into the community aspect of Neo-Geo as I began creating inserts and getting feedback/ making them available to others. I don't even know how many inserts I finally ended up making but it is a crapload. Click here to see most of my contributions

Now what does my MVS phase have to do with your site? All of my inserts feature screenshots provided on your website's reviews section. So thank you for everything you have done and continue to do, you and your site is definately a part of the history of the neo-geo community.

Last edited:

Vas

Marked Wolf
i will be entering if only for fun :loco:

doubt i could win in uk shipping etc :crying:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Wow, 9 years. It almost feels like it's been a bit longer than that since my memories of re-discovering the Neo-Geo (post 94) involved visiting your site. I actually came in from the darkside and used your extensive reviews and screenshots to decide which rom to download next (no flames you bastards!); download speeds weren't too fast back then so it was important I was grabbing a quality title.

Thanks man I really appreciate it! Glad to know the site has been useful really, that's what it's there for. :)

Jump 5 years later: A Neo25 candy cabinet, 2hrs away from my home, was put up for sale on this board and I had to get it. That began my re-entry into the legit world of Neo-Geo via MVS. I didn't like stacking up my games and wanted something to "show off" my collection and discovered "Shockboxes". Although it curbed one appetite, I wasn't completely satisfied with the inserts that were available at the time. That began my entry into the community aspect of Neo-Geo as I began creating inserts and getting feedback/ making them available to others. I don't even know how many inserts I finally ended up making but it is a crapload. Click here to see most of my contributions

Now what does my MVS phase have to do with your site? All of my inserts feature screenshots provided on your website's reviews section. So thank you for everything you have done and continue to do, you and your site is definately a part of the history of the neo-geo community.

Did you enter the shockbox competition we had years ago? I vaguely remember you submitting something, and I know for a fact I used at least one of your inserts on my carts so I should say thanks too ;). Like I said on the site I can't quite believe that I'm still working on the site really because I never expected to be back when I started it, but it's been well worth it, and it's good to know people still find it useful cos otherwise I probably would have closed it down long ago. I know it's not like I work on it every day or anything but it's also good that the girlfriend actually appreciates my SNK obsession, so she doesn't moan at me when I do! In fact I even managed to get her playing Metal Slug and she loves Max Impact 2. Working on making her play 2D KOF now! :D

You going to enter the competition? :)

Kaz

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Vas said:
doubt i could win in uk shipping etc :crying:
Not sure what you mean by that? I'm in the UK anyway so shipping won't be a problem ;)

Kaz

Vas

Marked Wolf
SOUND and a liverpool supporter :loco: iam on the case now hahahah

Vas

Marked Wolf
Yeah mate ever since i was bought a pool t-shirt way back in 80's had crown paints on it so you know i am for real still got it :d

my home town in fa cup this year cardiff city only non english club to win back in 1927 lol long time comming :buttrock:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Wow, Crown Paints, I wish I still had my Crown Paints/Candy shirts from when I was a kid, but think they got binned ages ago! :( Was following Cardiff for a while actually seeing as Robbie Fowler moved there, although I know he might not play for them again due to the injury he has. Good luck to Cardiff in the FA Cup though, want either them or Barnsley to win it now. :)

Kaz

Vas

Marked Wolf
Cheers mate i want them to win too, aint meet robbie yet typical he had injury before i could watch him play only work 5 mins away from ground :D could always remember rob's smashing a hatrick in 3 mins against arsnel still think its a record:loco:

back to topic sorry :mr_t:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
ahh crap! what shockbox competition?!??

lol, oh well.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
lol was many years ago - think it was around 2003/4 if I remember right. Maybe you didn't enter it then :). I gave away a Last Blade MVS cart and a bunch of Shock Boxes to the winners. Big Bear very generously donated a lot of shock boxes for that one, and some great inserts came out of it. I think all of those are probably available on SouthTown now though, or at least I hope so. I would get the shock box section back online, but it seems like it's better to just point people to Southtown now anyways :)

Looking forward to the entry INfintido!

Kaz

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Started to get a few entires now, some pretty cool ones too. Can't wait to see some more! Anyone else entering? :)

Kaz