Voodoo Music Fest 2010

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I went to New Orleans for the whole weekend for Voodoo Fest and Halloween. What a blast it was. I went with my roommate and our hot lady friend. We stayed at a friends condo on St Phillips off the French Quarter, which was really nice.

I highly recommend this time of the year to go there. The city is perfect for Halloween and there is so much to do. We ended up seeing and doing so much crazy shit, it was almost surreal. There were some great costumes.

The best show for me was Eagles of Death Metal. They rocked the shit out of that small stage. I ended up seeing the band eating at a hotel restaurant later that night and gave them them the you rock nod. Also got to see Weezer, Ozzy, MGMT, Muse, Metric, Hot Chip and My Morning Jacket play. It was a great 3 day show.

We saved money by carrying flasks of Jameson and buying the occasional beers at the bars. I only spent $80 that weekend. I needed this in my life, lol.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i like how small the festival is relative to other festivals.
acl is way too big and since there's so many acts, you tend to
have to pick and choose.
plus it's so close to the french quarters since its in city park
that you can just go from there.
i plan on going again sometime,
didnt go this year since i'm in extreme savings mode.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
We mostly walked around. We would take the trolley and the bus for $1.25 off Canal which goes straight to city park.

I like the 3 day schedule better than the 1 or 2 day they use to do. You don't have the problem of two bands playing at the same time and it is just a much funner experience.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
people in nola were telling me that I had to come back for it this year. Kind of regret missing out on it.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Uh, it'd be kinda nice if you guys told me when you guys are coming to NOLA, we woulda went bar-hopping.

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
yes, halloween in the N.O is pretty fucking amazing.And the tourists love coming through this time of year.

I was in the dome for teh hallowz then went to a party afterwards, I just got my voice back wednesday.

Alcohol, shrooms and weed= the bidness