Visit to SNK, any questions to submit?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I hope we get info about their upcoming pachislot releases!

D'oh, pretty much an utterly stoopid remark, my friend.

They're actually uber-busy in promoting KOFXII domestic distribution, and that does matter. Distribution started on 4/10 as we know, yet it was very difficult to find the game in Osaka, so I allowed myself to directly mail my contact in SNK. As a result, he told me SNK is distributing the game only in a complete-with-cabinet set until the end of the month. Since the economical difficulty of this period, is no wonder few arcades are actually putting down all the money needed for such an expencive new cab. I hope the game will be spreading in Japan arcades from the beginning of the upcoming month, with the 'pbc only' sale. :)

This game is not only top-notch, but also the result of so much passion, effort and resources from SNK. It has to be treasured and worshipped by fans, really. :)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
D'oh, pretty much an utterly stoopid remark, my friend.

They're actually uber-busy in promoting KOFXII domestic distribution, and that does matter. Distribution started on 4/10 as we know, yet it was very difficult to find the game in Osaka, so I allowed myself to directly mail my contact in SNK. As a result, he told me SNK is distributing the game only in a complete-with-cabinet set until the end of the month. Since the economical difficulty of this period, is no wonder few arcades are actually putting down all the money needed for such an expencive new cab. I hope the game will be spreading in Japan arcades from the beginning of the upcoming month, with the 'pbc only' sale. :)

This game is not only top-notch, but also the result of so much passion, effort and resources from SNK. It has to be treasured and worshipped by fans, really. :)

So...you think you have the authority to tell people that they must worship this game without even playing it?

A). I'm looking forward to playing it myself, but it is just a game Shit. Calm the fuck down.
B). Stop being so annoying.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
OK, they are on long holidays until tuesday, on that day we will discuss by phone on how to proceed, I hope we can find a quick solution as I would avoid to pass this task to my son...

:crossedfinger:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
OK, another (...) update, I'm starting to think it's better freeze this thread ..(>_<!)

I just finished to talk with them, and the problem now seems that the PR dept. is the bottleneck, cause the interview contains statements about KOFXII, which is a newborn product in a particular phase (speaking about the home edition too, still to be released).

I proposed so to split the document in two parts, so we can at least start with all the rest of the interview, and they agree.

All done? Not yet (...), of course what question/answer is "to be delayed" seems (in a way correctly I think) a choice up to them, so I'm again waiting, for this approved "part-I", which should take, I hope, just few clicks.

Well, better die trying than not try at all, let's think positive.

Edit:

I sent them an already "censored" version, so I really hope they will need just to give the all green, reducing the time between.

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Thanks for all your hard work on this anyway, massimiliano.

I'm still really looking forward to reading this whenever it does come out.

massimiliano

&#12493;&#12458;&#12472;&#12458;,
20 Year Member
Thanks for all your hard work on this anyway, massimiliano.

I'm still really looking forward to reading this whenever it does come out.

Thanks, I appreciated it, and trust me I want to end this thread asap...(^_^!)

But there must be an end, soon or later (btw thanks God, Rot is here to entertain us all.. ;) )

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
They won't let you post anything until KOF12 is out on consoles. Seems like what theyre trying to do.

massimiliano

20 Year Member
They won't let you post anything until KOF12 is out on consoles. Seems like what theyre trying to do.

While I cannot say "why" it should be *so* problematic (really no BIG news under the sun, but a couple of questions indeed were about the motivations behind the game), it seems so.

I can understand it's a delicate moment etc, and that PR dept. would avoid any kind of risk (?) just postponing.. so I just proposed to skip it (afterall it's already out in japan and will soon at home, at this point we will judge by ourselves before for sure ...so let's cut KOFXII topic if they need it so bad).

Anyway let's say the KOFXII-centered questions were around a 20% of the whole, so no real damage in the end.

But as I charged my skypeout credit already, I'll try again (an again) in tuesday/wednesday (-_-)

Last edited:

massimiliano

20 Year Member
god is alive

WRITTEN APPROVAL RECEIVED, RULEZ.

Just the time to put together pictures in a pdf and make a separate thread.

Fiuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......

(^_^!)

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Woohoo! Thank you, Massimiliano, for seeing this out!

massimiliano

20 Year Member
Sent the approved pdf to Shawn for a proper "special", it should be ready soon.

Now I feel really better indeed.
:multi_co:

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks a lot for your effort! Can't wait to read the interview.

aria

Former Moderator
Deleted irrelevant post:

If you're going to ask for advice on how to get your illegally downloaded, pirated copy of a game to work on your goddam emulator, you better be sure to post it somewhere people give a shit --Hopefully a web forum dedicated to illegal piracy, but certainly not this thread, where only a complete idiot would assume it would be on topic.

oh oh oh. illegally downloaded from my disc? I was just wondering how does the whole thing works with other emulators. Well said. So it's not kinda helpful but just being rude.

aria

Former Moderator
oh oh oh. illegally downloaded from my disc? I was just wondering how does the whole thing works with other emulators. Well said. So it's not kinda helpful but just being rude.

:spock:

Piracy and violation of terms of use aside, how does this explain your inability to understand that posting the request under "Visit to SNK, any questions to submit?" had nothing to do with the topic?

Considering I deleted your original post, I don't know why you felt like identifying yourself. But I'll let the second post stand.

I admitted I post it at the wrong topic cos I cant do anything by unable to start a thread so I just try my luck hopefully someone will help. I dun identify myself out unless someone made some serious remarks.

massimiliano

20 Year Member
I sent it to Shawnt ~two days ago, and I thought about yesterday for the publishing but no clues about the delay :scratch:
Shawn should post it *soon* on the homepage special, and mods asked to wait for "dropping it" ..., but you know..

I sent him a reminder, and FTL too, so (for the last time wft) let's wait a little more.

But don't worry, if the worst happens, I think I can still make the thread, but I think Shawn will make it in time.

Edit:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196989

:rulez:

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Since part one of the interview is posted (its now at the top of News & Rumors and linked on the main page), I'm unstickying this. If it still needs to be stuck, let me know.