Visit to SNK, any questions to submit?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back since a couple of days, so now I have more time to talk about it here (^_^!)

Actually what I'm/we are waiting, is the OK from SNK to proceed and publish the interview.

As I wrote, I sent it to them, and again yesterday I received a (2nd) mail from the person in charge, who said he's unfortunately really busy.
My thought is that afterall it's not a task of primary order, business-speaking, so I think we can all understand a little delay.

Anyway, they need to watch carefully what they authorize (as normal), but at least it is not like I'm posting "my" opinions, or impossible to verify facts.

Let's wait... :(

Looking forward to reading it.

Thanks for all the effort you went to.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
HUmmm... I'll make some polling monday, maybe we can speedup things...I hope:(

Anyway, in case next week we still have no news I'll discuss with mods some workaround.:conf:

Stay tuned!

Edit:

workaround= post some contents without "breaking the rules"

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
workaround= post some contents without "breaking the rules"

My suggestion out of my 15+ years working with Japanese entertainment company.

Going around a verbal agreement of undisclosing contents if not officially reviewed/authorised is a no-no. Almost like a 'game over with no continue' in the business Japanese unwritten law book...

Just my personal advice to you though.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
My suggestion out of my 15+ years working with Japanese entertainment company.

Going around a verbal agreement of undisclosing contents if not officially reviewed/authorised is a no-no. Almost like a 'game over with no continue' in the business Japanese unwritten law book...

Just my personal advice to you though.

Thanks for your advice Shito, but I agree 100%, so probably I didn't explained my intentions clearly enough.
The content I was talking about is the one not covered by our agreement like pictures from the outside (game centers, new signs on the building etc..) or impressions from the KOF XII loketest, ..just in the meanwhile.

"without braking the rules" means exactly what it says.

I'm confident everybody will gladly wait for the main dish, as we have nothing to do but wait for that.

P.s.

So do you work with japanese companies since you were less than 17 years old!?
I thought in Italy is illegal working at school! ;)

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
So do you work with japanese companies since you were less than 17 years old!?
I thought in Italy is illegal working at school! ;)

Actually I've been involved/dealing with Japanese licensors in the manga/anime business since I was still 16. :)

I'm looking forward to read for your impression on KOFXII! I assume you tried out the nearly complete version (the loketest one, with all characters already implemented) right? :)

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Actually I've been involved/dealing with Japanese licensors in the manga/anime business since I was still 16. :)

Ho even before!.. but I guess that period can count too afterall;)

Shito said:
I'm looking forward to read for your impression on KOFXII! I assume you tried out the nearly complete version (the loketest one, with all characters already implemented) right? :)

Yes, it was nearly complete, but with already all 20 playable characters, anyway I do think the feedback from loketest will serve a purpose for sure.
I played the usual Ryo/Terry/Joe trio just to see them in action, but keep in mind my opponents were REALLY strong as you can expect for a loketest, and I REALLY sucks (^_^!).
Anyway, speaking about Ryo (my favorite character, that I like to compare), I confirm what you were talking about, in terms of "responsness" of the commands.. really fast and precise game.
It's kinda of "simple" but to me it's a plus on playability, as I particulary like old school without ~5 gauges around.
Now that i think about it, I was not sure if the gauges were raising to maximum normally, but maybe that was to speed up things, btw the staff was taking time with the chrono too.

I made a video to let people discuss about it, it should be around.

The game resolution is high, but on the LCD screen (which should be native res. I think) maybe is not SO high as I was expecting... same sensation for other similar titles, not that alone.

Let me explain a bit:

I saw at Mikado and other arcades, new titles like SFIV or BlazBlue (this one same KofXII Taito TypeX2 platform) running on Astro/BlastCity (all 29" 31Khz cathode).
Well, I think it's a lot better IMO, but of course ...it's a matter of tastes (funny stage with all fatty women!).

Anyway that was just a play (fortunately I went there the next day too!), maybe not so much to judge a game in deep, but sure enough to be fascinated as it's already a remarkable artistic production worth to be seen at least once even for not fighting game enthusiast, and you know... it's a long time!

(^_^)

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
No response from SNK yet? They sure are slow.

hehe.. I agree 100% ;)
Basically they answer that they are really busy and it stops me pressing too much, as of course the interview cannot be considered a business high priority task etc.. let's cope with that a little more.

Anyway, I have some contact there, so I think it's time to call and say hello.

I'll update the thread after that.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
OK.

Something finally happened.
They sent me the approved revision of the interview (minor changes) asking for the all green by me too (which of course was immediate).

Now they will proceed with PR & Marketing Dept final check (I suppose quick as the content is approved by their game dept. people, but they are now translating it internally, as the text was english).

After this obligated/formal step it can be finally published here.

Anyway also if technically it means to wait more, I'm confident we will reach the end soon.. :crossed finger:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Heh... If they've made us wait this long, I hope we hear something juicy and not the usual "no comment" "we can't reveal that" back and forth. They need to be workin' on something crucial to SNK gaming community.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Heh... If they've made us wait this long, I hope we hear something juicy and not the usual "no comment" "we can't reveal that" back and forth. They need to be workin' on something crucial to SNK gaming community.

I understand your point (at least for some degree), but please keep in mind that it was not a debate, and basically they agreed to do things, but their way.

So as stated immediately after the interview, in this very thread, no big news under the sun, as the question list was reviewed/approved first, then answered in a "politically correct" way, not less or more as we could guess since the beginning of this.

While I can understand many people feels like SNKP "owe" all us something, maybe we shouldn't "expect" things, as they are afterall a famous japanese gaming company, and I think Capcom or Sega wouldn't probably even answered my emails.

What I really felt like missing, was a "link" beetween SNKP and this board (from which we all came from), and I believe this interview should be considered like a try in this direction, as even if "politically corrected", is anyway an original document approved by them just for us (^_^).

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
I understand your point (at least for some degree), but please keep in mind that it was not a debate, and basically they agreed to do things, but their way.

So as stated immediately after the interview, in this very thread, no big news under the sun, as the question list was reviewed/approved first, then answered in a "politically correct" way, not less or more as we could guess since the beginning of this.

While I can understand many people feels like SNKP "owe" all us something, maybe we shouldn't "expect" things, as they are afterall a famous japanese gaming company, and I think Capcom or Sega wouldn't probably even answered my emails.

What I really felt like missing, was a "link" beetween SNKP and this board (from which we all came from), and I believe this interview should be considered like a try in this direction, as even if "politically corrected", is anyway an original document approved by them just for us (^_^).

I agree and think this is a great initiative.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
The delay is well worth it. as I've been told they've brought in their top engrish talent, Yamada H. She is hard at work ensuring that this is written in nothing less than top grade SNK/P engrish. Fan service such as this is virtually unheard of!

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello, Have yous ask how many Hard unit SNK sold or product (AES, CD, HN64, NGPC) ?

Thanks

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hello, Have yous ask how many Hard unit SNK sold or product (AES, CD, HN64, NGPC) ?

Thanks

Ouch! You are late for a proposal!

Anyway, unfortunatley I needed to submit questions before the interview took place (and they did a selection to ~14).

I was planning to try again in a more informal way with the guys I'm still in contact, but I'm now really hoping this will end soon, it's kinda stressing for me too :(

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hummm... I don't know what to say, I actually received another mail from them where they ask to wait a "little" more, as they are busy etc... I proposed them to publish the interview anyway (afterall the content is approved by the people I talked with), and if any problem with PR arise, quickly remove it, but ...still waiting an answer :(.
Sure it's quite funny at this time, dunno what to say.

Anyway, here some picture in the meanwhile, afterall someone said "... more than words" (^_^!)

front.jpg

biru.jpg

enter.jpg

enter2.jpg

Some of the picture I could take inside (few indeeds, really strict environment):

Me and Yoshihito Koyama san, general manager overseas marketing dept. (hired in '91!) he was my "guide" during the visit, as he was the one in charge for the interview.

koyama.jpg

..and the famous "NeoGeo Hakase" (Doctor NeoGeo), mostly known since he became producer in Kof 98 UM , or like they said "... the collector with the deeper knowledge about neogeo here in SNK", (sure then we exchanged some funny chit-chat about our collections.):

hakase.jpg

I think that when we wonder about "THE" japanese collector, we should think about this guy.

Anyway I would make a more comprehensive document, with more pictures and details, so... plz let's wait their all green. :(

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NeoGeoHakase is simply THE MAN. :)

He's the madman behind all "classic remixes" of KOF, and he's one real NeoGeo lover and expertise.

When I visited myself SNK-P, he held a small private KOF02um demo for me, the game was yet to be released, and we started chatting about all kind of trivias about the series, such as each anime reference in any KOF character, voice actors and such.

Eheh, rekishi ga chigaun da yo! :)

Spectre

Banned
Bit late to the party, but I'm looking forward to reading the interview. I'm also muchos jealous massimiliano!

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I hope we get info about their upcoming pachislot releases!