Visit to SNK, any questions to submit?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Do you think he'll honestly know though? He'll probably just make something up

mungrin

Panko KING,
Ask them if its even worth it nowadays to make arcade games.Or if they should strictly make games for consoles.
Can arcade games be profitable or are arcades dead?

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I think practically verything is covered. So I just put my vote towards a few of the questions posed.

- Will Fatal Fury ever have another sequel
- What other games will they release in KOFXII fashion
- When the ball starts rolling, will they develop their own hardware again
- Are the protos and rumored titles before bankruptcy ever be finished? Such as Last Blade 2 and Garou Special
- They seem to like the DS, will they put any fighters on there, hopfully online
- Will they release any online compilations for the Wii? It's getting pointless to keep buying ports without it having nothing more than what MVS hardware can offer. We need online fighters.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
FairlanePhantom said:
- When the ball starts rolling, will they develop their own hardware again.

They are pretty much using Type X 2 now, to develop something of their own would be pretty dumb, I guess they've done dumb things in the past though, and it could be a cheaper platform for them I guess. :make_fac:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Now that I think about it, you might want to ask them if they are even aware that the Euro Kizuna is one of the most expensive videogames in history.

SNKP seems quite disconnected from its foreign fanbase. I wonder if they even know about the crazy prices involved in the foreign Neo-Geo collecting scene.

michel

n00b
SNKP seems quite disconnected from its foreign fanbase.

That's so.

Which leads me to another question (or suggestion): are they willing to make an account in this forum, to monitor the scene and participate to discussions?

In the wargames/boardgames scene, this would be normal. Now, the videogame scene is different: bigger and richer. But SNKP is not a huge corporation. They should think about it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Now that I think about it, you might want to ask them if they are even aware that the Euro Kizuna is one of the most expensive videogames in history.

SNKP seems quite disconnected from its foreign fanbase. I wonder if they even know about the crazy prices involved in the foreign Neo-Geo collecting scene.

They are.

When I was at SNK last november, my local host teased me like "oh, and have you heard of that crazy price for Euro Kizuna, haha!"

Something like a joke I would say. :)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ask if they could release more details on prototypes, unused character art, sprites, backgrounds, ANYTHING on what they were doing with MOTW2. Anything.

We all know that stuff is somewhere. Afterall, they did use a lot of it for the post SNK crash era.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Which leads me to another question (or suggestion): are they willing to make an account in this forum, to monitor the scene and participate to discussions?

Great idea. That would definitely be interesting. They would have access to many devoted (possible) playtesters. And who scrutinizes over snk games more than members of neo-geo.com? Many people (not myself) don't see a difference between most of the games in the kof series!

I think this could help snkplaymore out. Kind of like how one of our members "strider" is part of the Retrogamer magazine.

Tomcat

NG.com No.1 Ranked Trader.Also, Donated $600+ to N
26th is near hopefully we will know a lots of nice things thanks to Massimiliano...

regards

Tom(ITA)

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Indeed. Good luck to you massimiliano!

Bring me back a Euro Kizuna Encounter, then I truly love you long time. ;)

Honestly you have to assume someone from SNK pops in here, they might even post here and there. Maybe if SNK had any sort of official presence here some of the BS that goes on around here would clean up a bit. Personally I am really tired of seeing every "noob thread" flamed immediately.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Another 2 I came up with....

How is the development for the 3d fighting game based on all SNK females going? is it going to use the MIRA engine?

and do they have a set contract with taito to develop certain amount of games for the Type X2, if not have they consider development for lindberg?

damn that was 3

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Another 2 I came up with....

How is the development for the 3d fighting game based on all SNK females going? is it going to use the MIRA engine?

and do they have a set contract with taito to develop certain amount of games for the Type X2, if not have they consider development for lindberg?

damn that was 3

no-one develops on lindbergh, this is why they never attached to naomi, high licensing costs or royalties to sega or whatever, practically only sega develop on lindbergh, everyone else is sensible enough to use TX2

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ok.

I made the interview, and I tried to ask quite everything.
They kindly answered all questions, and honestly I coulnd't ask for more cooperation.

Anyway, I think it's a moderate success, as indeeds I talked with people hired on '91 too, but of course ...no prototypes-roms for christmas! ;)

I need to sent them back the Q&A sheet so I can report it here, so it will take some day as they'll return from holidays on 4 jan.

I'm now travelling so I hope I have some time to give you more details in the meanwhile, no really big news as expected, but at least a contact is made! ;)

Later and happy new year!

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Thanx man I appreciate it, and really hope to reading about it and also your impressions. hope you took some pics.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ok, interview wrote down and sent for approval (they returned today from holidays).

If there are no particular problems, I'll post it soon.

I'm spending last days of my trip in Japan travelling, so sorry if I need to be short (^_^!)

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
nice, ill be eagerly waiting for it,

and hope you have a blast in japan!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back since a couple of days, so now I have more time to talk about it here (^_^!)

Actually what I'm/we are waiting, is the OK from SNK to proceed and publish the interview.

As I wrote, I sent it to them, and again yesterday I received a (2nd) mail from the person in charge, who said he's unfortunately really busy.
My thought is that afterall it's not a task of primary order, business-speaking, so I think we can all understand a little delay.

Anyway, they need to watch carefully what they authorize (as normal), but at least it is not like I'm posting "my" opinions, or impossible to verify facts.

Let's wait... :(