Vinyl record thread/ What you have/ What you like?

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
refurbishedadvents.jpg

They sound great

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Here are some pics of various records of my collection, click on the previews to see a full-size version. Sorry for the bad pic quality, I'm a crap photographer.

Some of my/our releases, including the (now quite rare) Dawnflyer EP in clear vinyl

Close shot of my Dawnflyer EP

Various promos from our labels Indulge and Ray Gun

Split-EP by Oliver Kapp and me (Lightman) called Random Abstract, one of our best-selling releases

Various Wave and EBM

More Wave and EBM

A bit of Trash, Death and ~Core (might be NSFW)

Inside shot of the Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness gatefold cover (most definitely NSFW)

7" Trash, Death, ~Metal and ~Core stuff, some of those 7 inchers contain more than 20 (!) tracks

Rare 6-piece 7" Morbid Angel collector box with released and unreleased tracks (mostly from Altairs of Madness)

Early 80s German 7" NDW ("Neue Deutsche Welle", new German wave) classics

Some Jazz, Funk and Bossa

Electro (the real one, not the stuff we have tody), Electrik Funk and Miami Bass

Two random collectibles

Input 64, a double album with tons of great and legendary C64 music tracks (including my trusty old C64 which I thought would fit to the pic quite nicely)

Various Techno and Electronica releases

Rock, Rap, Soundtrack, a bit of electronics and some classics

Some 10" records, mostly old music

Actually it was a bit difficult to decide what goes on the pics... I simply have too much of that stuff... ah well, have fun.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
have a bunch of early/obscure screamo (approx. 130 12", 40 10", 200 7") and emo records. Most of them from the 90s and early 2000s... some US hardcore from the same age or earlier... a few swing jazz records. Guess some of them are rare, don't think they're worth much, even though I've seen some go for decent prices on ebay (like the Saetia s/t 12"). I love the sound of vinyl, invested in a middle class chain and am very happy with it (Technics SL1210, Ortofon Red, Trigon Vanguard II, Technics A700 MK3, Nubert NuLine 32). I'm not collecting atm. but there is some space left in my record cabinet that I will fill up sooner or later ;)

scorponok

Not scorporock,
I have about 100 grindcore/fast hardcore records from the early 90's to today. It's a mixture of 12", 10", 9", 7", 6", and 5" records. Suffering Mind released a 2" and 3" record on a Polish label but they only made 30 of each which sold out to preorders. I would love to have those, now there is a gap in my discography.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
not to sound too ignorant about this whole thing, but tubes? a tube amp?

edit: thanks to takumaji for posting pics of his stuff! i enjoy looking at them almost as much as i love listening...

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
not to sound too ignorant about this whole thing, but tubes? a tube amp?

edit: thanks to takumaji for posting pics of his stuff! i enjoy looking at them almost as much as i love listening...

wataru330 was referring to the band the tubes.

I, of course, was referring to a tube amp.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
i've seen people using tube amps around the net, but i'm not sure about them. what are the pros and cons? like, why should i use a tube amp over any other kind of amp?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
i've seen people using tube amps around the net, but i'm not sure about them. what are the pros and cons? like, why should i use a tube amp over any other kind of amp?
Post up in the A/V thread or shoot me a PM; I'm always up for talking hifi.

This thread is too awesome to derail :buttrock:

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
I have a decent sized collection- Mostly stuff released within the last 50+ years. There's a little bit of everything. Mostly "classics," but there's a few oddities in there.

I've been blessed to build a nice collection (and setup) mostly through thrifting. I've tracked down many great albums in perfect condition for less than five bucks (including a shrink wrapped Rock n Roll Animal for fifty cents). In fact, most of my collection was found for less than ten a pop- I only have four records that go over that, and they were all "new" releases.

The main draw of vinyl for me is that it makes music ritualistic again. You're almost forced to sit down and listen to the entire album.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I collect and play a lot of early raggee records, trojan records mostly. Some Elton Ellis and Ken Boothe. Also early psychobilly records, some early punk and hip hop stuff as we'll.