VideoGames NY is like paradise!!

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
I just wanted to speak on my experience yesterday at Videogames NY in NYC. They have pretty much everything you can think of including many rare titles, consoles and imports. It was amazing to see some of these items in a store and not in someones personal collection. They are also priced within a few dollars plus or minus the ebay SELLING (Not asking) prices which is pretty good for a brick and mortar store in Manhattan. I was able to pick up a Brand New Sealed (NOS) Samurai Spirits 2 AES Yesterday for a very good price. I know that might not seem like much to some but for me it is the first sealed cart I have seen in person, let alone the first AES game I have seen in a store in over 10 years. It was definitely a great experience and although they only had three AES Samurai Spirit 2 in stock. (The other 2 are used). They had over 30 MVS Carts in really good condition and 2 Omega Systems as well. Any MVS collectors or just rare game collectors outside of Neo Geo in the tristate area should definitely check this place out.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
It's worth a visit but their organization is so horrible I would prepare to spend a lot of time just trying to find anything worthwhile.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I used to buy buttons from them, but the prices are higher then the competition now. They had all of the pattern balltops at Pax East 2011, and gave me an amazing deal on them.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
It's worth a visit but their organization is so horrible I would prepare to spend a lot of time just trying to find anything worthwhile.

It's like a giant treasure hunt in there. I love that you might find something that no one else will. I found a sealed NOS samurai spirits 2 AES behind the two used copies. It was very satisfying lol.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It's like a giant treasure hunt in there. I love that you might find something that no one else will. I found a sealed NOS samurai spirits 2 AES behind the two used copies. It was very satisfying lol.

Japangamesnow used to sell these by the truckload for $20. Guys probably sitting on a pile of them.

p3lagic

n00b
I was there a couple of months ago and they had a great collection of MVS carts. Can't remember what they had but was happy so see they had something, and the prices where not outrageous.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I picked up my favorite balltops I own from them. They had 3, I bought them out in silence when I found out. That's be the black-white-grey tops at the far left of that display. I got em all for like 17.99$ each... Absolute steal and unbuyable anywhere.

m7ylw4.jpg

I'm trying to score marble, black metallic, and strawberry cherry tops. Those are so damn important to my collection, and I wanna finish my sanwa og LE display, as it is bigger now then it was. I refuse to give up though people laugh me off with it. I've really held off on the wood tops they made, as I just feel like more are out there and they are re-releasing them rather consistently.

Last edited:

Koop

n00b
I've honestly had nothing but bad experiences with those guys, but it's nice to see somebody was able to get a decent deal. Last time I was there looking at prices they were way over ebay- but perhaps it was just what I was looking for (specific Famicom stuff) that screwed me.

I do recall a time when SF4 was gettin' huge and they were one of the only places you could find Sanwa parts in person. Crazy days back then.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
People collect balltops now? Games you can't play due to fear of insertion marks. Manuals that can't be touched without gloves. Inserts removed and stored away in a dark place. Balltops you don't use and put on display in a plexiglass case. I can't even imagine what shit people will come up with next.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
People collect balltops now? Games you can't play due to fear of insertion marks. Manuals that can't be touched without gloves. Inserts removed and stored away in a dark place. Balltops you don't use and put on display in a plexiglass case. I can't even imagine what shit people will come up with next.

pretty much this

lions3

Igniz's Servent
kick Sanwa for deciding to make limited edition (small print runs. whateveryouwanttocallit) balltops. They look cool, but why only make small batches? booo.. ..but then again it makes sense with everyone making custom sticks. People want something special and hard to get on top. But yeah, damn it Sanwa. Not you too.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Balltop collection is classy and hilarious, f--- the haters. i wanted a pair of rainbow swirls for my sticker neo 29, but not paying $40 for a pair of balls. $150 for lisa frank and sanrio stickers otoh :tickled:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

pretty much this

I agree greatly. I guess this sets a precedent, people will be collecting cam locks soon.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

You dont belong here
Whining Whining Whining

Cg591

Rugal's Thug

Lmao. So true.
A shelf queen is one thing, and I'm somewhat guilty of this myself, but what you speak of is a level beyond a level of what I can comprehend.

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
I've been there before, awesome collection - but WAAYYYY WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too expensive for certain things there lol

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy

One mans junk is another mans treasure. Whatever makes you happy in life you should do. You never know when your last day could be. Enjoy it while you can.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
For a brick and Mortar store in the heart of NYU Hipster area the prices I thought were reasonable. Few bucks more or less then ebay. Real estate there is expensive so they have to pay the bills somehow.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
For a brick and Mortar store in the heart of NYU Hipster area the prices I thought were reasonable. Few bucks more or less then ebay. Real estate there is expensive so they have to pay the bills somehow.

Haha my man do you work there or something? It's nowhere near a few bucks unless you're talking about brand new imports or something, and in that area they're reasonable, along with joystick parts. Everything "retro" is marked up to an absurd degree and it's pretty much a known thing in the city that the store is for suckers and herbs

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
This is the first time I have heard anyone say something good about the prices at this store.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Haha my man do you work there or something? It's nowhere near a few bucks unless you're talking about brand new imports or something, and in that area they're reasonable, along with joystick parts. Everything "retro" is marked up to an absurd degree and it's pretty much a known thing in the city that the store is for suckers and herbs

I wasn't paying attention to nes, snes and the big retro comebacks with the hipsters in the area. PS1, Dreamcast and some of the rarer stuff such as AES, MVS and protos the prices were on point. Just thought it was a good experience that's all. You can't compare physical shops with the internet apples to apples. No overhead vs. NYC overhead is a big difference so a few bucks in price difference is worth it to me to physically see what I'm buying.

Last edited: