Video game fads you actually got into/are still into

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Fads?

This thread should just be renamed "What kind of video games do you like".

It's not GreGN's fault, it's the fault of those who have shared their choices.
I wish EA would make a new NFL Street or if I could find a new arcade hockey game I'd be set for a while. I think EA made a new Mutant League Football, but not sure how that is.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Exaggerated, ‘arcade’ style racers, as opposed to sim/lifelike controls.

Fuck a wheel, I want to push button shift w/ my NiGHTS pad.

Wish SHOX for PS2 would’ve got a sequel.

Shout out to all EA•BIG games, for that matter. SSX, NBA Street2...man, them was fire!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Exaggerated, ‘arcade’ style racers, as opposed to sim/lifelike controls.

Fuck a wheel, I want to push button shift w/ my NiGHTS pad.

Wish SHOX for PS2 would’ve got a sequel.

Shout out to all EA•BIG games, for that matter. SSX, NBA Street2...man, them was fire!
Yeah, wheels are cool to play with, but I'm much more comfortable and play better with a pad.

Nice games mentioned there.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yeah, wheels are cool to play with, but I'm much more comfortable and play better with a pad.

Nice games mentioned there.

Thanks, man. Speaking of nice: your YouTube neo vids are nice. I’d totally would invite you to a meetup if you’re in my neck of the woods.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I wish EA would make a new NFL Street or if I could find a new arcade hockey game I'd be set for a while. I think EA made a new Mutant League Football, but not sure how that is.
Mutant League Football? I gotta check it out, but I'm more a fan of Mutant League Hockey.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Extreme sports games were fun for a few years. The first Tony Hawk game still holds up really well

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I like virtual reality games on the psvr and am enjoying br games on it like Rec Room Royale. I haven’t touched br games like Fortnite at all though.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I was big into Guitar Hero for quite a while, now the guitars collect dust.

That said, I have to give it another go these days, I used to be quite good at it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I absolutely love the 3D effect of the (New) 3DS, I even refuse to buy 3DS games that don't support 3D unless they're 3DS exclusive.

A bit too early to know if it's a fad or not, but I enjoy playing some battle royale games (mainly PUBG and Apex Legends).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Since gaming, as the one I got into, became retro-gaming, I'm still into that fad apparently.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I absolutely love the 3D effect of the (New) 3DS, I even refuse to buy 3DS games that don't support 3D unless they're 3DS exclusive.

A bit too early to know if it's a fad or not, but I enjoy playing some battle royale games (mainly PUBG and Apex Legends).

I love my 3DS - totally into it. The Sega 3D Classics series really drove it home. Steel Empire is great, too.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
soulsbornes?

really only done bloodborne a fair amount, getting Sekiro on Friday will probably preload sometime this week in case I would up waiting on the download for a day and a half...digital content too I guess? I don't like it but brick and mortar is more than 2 hours away one way. ;)fads...oh, and I am here!!! where the speedrunners at? console modders/ havers?? I have my cmvs and a swap disc for ps1 since my old chipped one died...import games,, a few but nothing recent.

wanna go to a club where...oh yeah my wii is at a work associates house is nintedo fanboyism a fad do I qualify without a 3ds or switch?

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher

You know, I usually turned it off after a little while. It didn't strain my eyes or anything, but it just seemed unnecessary to me.
I LOVED the augmented reality of the Bravely Default intro, though.

I *did* use the 3D camera to take some pictures of some titties, but I guess that's not the same appreciation of the 3D abilities.