Vancouver riot 2011 photos

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
it's pretty neat though, thanks to social networking a HUGE ammount of theese people are being identified online and many already arrested, including hillarious asian kid in the first post.

The kid is 17 and just about to graduate, aparently some kinda air cadet leader, he has been arrested and aparently expelled....lol right before graduation.

blond guy in the picture stuffing rags in the gas tank of a cop car was a 17-18 year old water polo player who was on the road to the olypics, pretty sure that dream is dead too :).

The stories keep coming in, if you look hard enough you can find names and even phone numbers of half the rioters in the pics :) the whole city is uniting in identifying all these suckas.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
What's really sad is this whole social media working to bring people in will probably backfire in a civil liberties way. Just watch, people will want cameras on every corner so if shit starts going down, at least some part of it is documented.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
What's really sad is this whole social media working to bring people in will probably backfire in a civil liberties way. Just watch, people will want cameras on every corner so if shit starts going down, at least some part of it is documented.

It also justifies a more zealous police presence at times of legitimate protest.
That was an almost unbelievably soft crackdown from the Vancouver police, btw.

If this happened in Toronto our pigs would have rounded them up and sent them to a death camp by now.

Take a look at how our pigs roll:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It also justifies a more zealous police presence at times of legitimate protest.

If this happened in Toronto our pigs would have rounded them up and sent them to a death camp by now.

That's how a riot by lawless neaderthals should be stopped.

I'm sure in the video you linked above though that they were just beating the asses of legit protestors.

aria

Former Moderator
More awesomeness: good, bad, terrible!

Punching a firefighter:
(that website I noted earlier seems to have IDed the perp)

Throwing things at firefighters:

The story of the kissing couple shot.

New logo?

643QB.jpg

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

Most of these people deserved that if not more. There needs to be a riot rule, once your break, flip, steal or otherwise participate, you now give up your right to not have a baton go upside your head. I'm against undue police brutality but I'm also 100% for the police givin someone the business that needs it.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
fuck.... found the story behind the white bald beardy guy hitting the other guy...

grahhhh so angry about this shit.

i was pretty apathetic about this whole thing... till i saw this.
bald guy with a m60=fair.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I can see a 10% tax raise levied over the entire Canada next year for the rebuilding.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
what is wrong with ppl, This is why big brother exists, so people dont go primal and start burning cars in the city streets at the slightest provocation.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Punching and throwing things at firefighters? I'm all for throwing stuff at bankers (because bankers=wankers), but firefighters? That's really low, these guys are risking their lives out there.

Also the people defending thier own vehicles, why where they anywhere near the riot zone in the first place? I would have given the whole thing a wide berth and kept my car well away. Bit sad to see how the crowd picked on these guys. Faceless corporations yes, but induviduals? :(

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Punching and throwing things at firefighters? I'm all for throwing stuff at bankers (because bankers=wankers), but firefighters? That's really low, these guys are risking their lives out there.

Also the people defending thier own vehicles, why where they anywhere near the riot zone in the first place? I would have given the whole thing a wide berth and kept my car well away. Bit sad to see how the crowd picked on these guys. Faceless corporations yes, but induviduals? :(

They were probably there for work or something else outside of the game and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

aria

Former Moderator

There are so many stupid remarks in this quote that I don't know where to begin, but Maury V. hit the most glaring one.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
yeah I actually avoided posting that one because I was almost positive I seen it before the riot, but I stand corrected it is actually from the vancouver riot.

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
Judging from the past tendencies of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, I have a feeling that there will be a future episode of South Park involving this riot.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They were probably there for work or something else outside of the game and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Unless you're driving a mack truck. Then you're at the right place at the right time. 80 mph!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
geeze I am not saying the kid should never have a chance again or nothing, but asian lady in the video is acting like lighting a cop car on fire is a mistake just anyone could make.

I've never been "caught up in mob mentality" (I'm not retarded...)but you can't tell me he went over to the cop car, opened the gas tank, stuffed a shirt into it, sat there for at least 30 seconds waiting for it to ignite and not once considered what he was doing was stupid and could effect other aspects of his life.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's teenagers for you. "Hey ya'll watch this!"

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Judging from the past tendencies of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, I have a feeling that there will be a future episode of South Park involving this riot.

I swear I just saw one with terrence and phillip hopping up+down on a car. Anyone Know which episode it was?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
FIXED
So this guy was one of the idiots who got IDed pretty quickly online... now he has an apology video (below):

"I'm so sorry I got caught!" :crying:

lol, n00b

Last edited:

Alc

Rugal's Thug
What a fucking tard. Getting swept up in a mob is one thing, but setting a police car on fire? Not like you can slip and do that accidentally, is it?