US KOF 2K AES not on Master List or Price Guide

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Bulletnyourass said:
Wow!!!!!!!! I cant beleive with NGF out of business...people are still complaining about this title. SNKP said it was official....no one recognizes it as being official. Do not buy this title if you are looking at this as an investment. If you just have to have a COMPLETE US KOF Set, you need to do one of the following:

1) Buy all US KOF MVS KITS 94 - 2003

2) Buy All KOF US Carts 94 - 2003 (including NGF 2000 US AES)

3) Dont own a Complete US KOF set

Why buy all KOF kits when you have all the US or JP homecarts?
There's no excuse for owning KOF2K US, and I am not meaning to sound
offensive here [ ;) ], but that's the truth. You don't have to have every game
in homecart version you know.

There are no other options. Yeah you can buy a KOF 2000 JPN ...but it's just that....a KOF 2000 JPN. Yeah you could buy a KOF 2000 US MVS .... but it's just a plain 'ol cardboard MVS box amongst 9 AES carts with colored spines.

Sounds like you have something against the JP market, when the JP games
are more 'official' than the US ones. Remember, the only difference between
the JP and US carts is that they replaced the stickers in JAPANESE homecarts,
and added a uniform looking insert, that's all. I am not defending the JP
market, as you know I collect both US & JP. I also collect FULL MVS KITS, which
could be considered far more collectable than homecarts if you look it the way
I see it. After I got my cabinets I have no need for 'conversions' I simply don't
need them. MVS kits are far more satisfying to own & play. It's like owning
a 'homecart bootleg' of Ghostlop. Sure the game was a proto yadayadayada,
but it's not original. If you want to collect, then collect original, original or nothing.
But then again, I am one of the most purist collectors around here.

Btw, I don't care what my games look like on a shelf. I don't
get 'hard ons' by looking at English spines (Kulanart) or Japanese spines. I buy
the game because I want to play them, own them, and somewhat have them
as collectables.

Oh, and also I forgot, most people like to own the US versions of games, because
they are rarer (Some of them), therefore cost more money. Nothing else. Because
if we look at history, Japanese games, 80% of them have English as an option, and
have way better artwork.

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
SNKP should release a "classic" version of this insert and manual with no URL's, or any mention of Neo Geo Fake.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Neo Fan said:
SNKP should release a "classic" version of htis insert and manual with no URL's, or any mention of Neo Geo Fake.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
xtoo_short20x said:
Why buy all KOF kits when you have all the US or JP homecarts?
There's no excuse for owning KOF2K US, and I am not meaning to sound
offensive here [ ;) ], but that's the truth. You don't have to have every game
in homecart version you know.

Sounds like you have something against the JP market, when the JP games
are more 'official' than the US ones. Remember, the only difference between
the JP and US carts is that they replaced the stickers in JAPANESE homecarts,
and added a uniform looking insert, that's all. I am not defending the JP
market, as you know I collect both US & JP. I also collect FULL MVS KITS, which
could be considered far more collectable than homecarts if you look it the way
I see it. After I got my cabinets I have no need for 'conversions' I simply don't
need them. MVS kits are far more satisfying to own & play. It's like owning
a 'homecart bootleg' of Ghostlop. Sure the game was a proto yadayadayada,
but it's not original. If you want to collect, then collect original, original or nothing.
But then again, I am one of the most purist collectors around here.

Btw, I don't care what my games look like on a shelf. I don't
get 'hard ons' by looking at English spines (Kulanart) or Japanese spines. I buy
the game because I want to play them, own them, and somewhat have them
as collectables.

Oh, and also I forgot, most people like to own the US versions of games, because
they are rarer (Some of them), therefore cost more money. Nothing else. Because
if we look at history, Japanese games, 80% of them have English as an option, and
have way better artwork.

Jorge,

You misunderstand me. I meant that a person that wants a Complete US Collection (Meaning ALL KOF's including 2000) only has those options. I have nothing against JPN collectors. In fact, I will be the first to admit that JPN Homecart inserts have Superior artwork. However, I am one of the "FEW" that actually opens a manual and reads through it. Seeing as though I don't understand the Japanese language, I collect US Homecarts.

The only way to get a " COMPLETE US Collection " would be to either:

1) Buy ALL KOF US AES from 94 - 2003 (Including KOF 2000 US AES)

2) Buy ALL KOF US MVS Complete Kits from 94 - 2003

3) Don't own a COMPLETE US KOF Collection

I am not trying to claim that KOF 2000 US AES is legitimate, rare or valuable. I am only stating that the only way to own a "Complete" KOF US Collection is the 2 ways mentioned above. Yes, a person CAN buy US KOF 94 - 99 and 01 - 03 and use a KOF 2000 JPN AES as an alternative.......BUT...that JPN KOF 00 does not make it a "COMPLETE" US Collection. There is a difference between "COMPLETE" and "ACCEPTABLE". Everyone has their own feelings about this title and I am not trying to get people to see things my way.

Phillip

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Thing is, in my eyes US KOF2K does not exist. So for me
a complete US KOF collection consists of KOF'94-'99 & KOF'01-'03.
Again, I am one of the most purist people when it comes to this site.

Bulletnyourass said:
Jorge,

You misunderstand me. I meant that a person that wants a Complete US Collection (Meaning ALL KOF's including 2000) only has those options. I have nothing against JPN collectors. In fact, I will be the first to admit that JPN Homecart inserts have Superior artwork. However, I am one of the "FEW" that actually opens a manual and reads through it. Seeing as though I don't understand the Japanese language, I collect US Homecarts.

The only way to get a " COMPLETE US Collection " would be to either:

1) Buy ALL KOF US AES from 94 - 2003 (Including KOF 2000 US AES)

2) Buy ALL KOF US MVS Complete Kits from 94 - 2003

3) Don't own a COMPLETE US KOF Collection

I am not trying to claim that KOF 2000 US AES is legitimate, rare or valuable. I am only stating that the only way to own a "Complete" KOF US Collection is the 2 ways mentioned above. Yes, a person CAN buy US KOF 94 - 99 and 01 - 03 and use a KOF 2000 JPN AES as an alternative.......BUT...that JPN KOF 00 does not make it a "COMPLETE" US Collection. There is a difference between "COMPLETE" and "ACCEPTABLE". Everyone has their own feelings about this title and I am not trying to get people to see things my way.

Phillip

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Thing is, in my eyes US KOF2K does not exist. So for me
a complete US KOF collection consists of KOF'94-'99 & KOF'01 & '03.
Again, I am one of the most purist people when it comes to this site.
U.S. KOF 2002 isn't official? :spock:

rimm_rs

Banned
CurtWRX said:
I myself can't bring myself to buy the US release as well... In my case, I bought a Nice minty JP KOF 2000 AES from my Boy Kusanagi-Sama', I then went to Nick_th_furys website and downloaded his scan of the NGF kof 2000 Euro Insert, I then went to photoshop and removed the NGF stuff and then printed it out On High Quality paper, Since my printer cant print Insert sizes, It only covers (placed over the JP insert) the back portion, the spine, and some of the front (the red stripe) I think it looks damn good. And it's legit... here's a pic
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/CurtWRX/Collection5-5Row1-1.jpg

It DOEs look damned good. Nice one, man.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Kusanagi-sama' said:
The KOF 2000 US Neo geo freak release is rubbish - plain and simple. Whilst it is very unfortunate for US/Euro collector's like myself to not be able to complete their KOF US collection, the fact remains it is utter garbage - regardless of whatever lame-ass ruling SNK gave on the topic. I will keep my minty KOF 00 JP over that crap any day of the week.

I couldn't have said it any better. Anyway to most Neo collectors and gamers the "NGF KOF 2000 English" release is tainted garbage, not worthy of sitting on a shelf with any other truly authentic Neo Geo games. :oh_no:

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
xtoo_short20x said:
If you want to collect, then collect original, original or nothing.

I agree with that statement 100%. Well said, worthy sig material!

I myself despise "conversions" wether they be NGF or !Arcade! I will never own one. They are garbage. KOF 00 US would be great for US/Euro collector's but the fact remains it is utter crap and is produced/distributed by people who have ripped off and scammed more than any others when it comess to the Neo Geo scene. By owning that cart you are supporting them. ALL KOF 00 NGF carts should be thrown into a fire to burn slowly.

Just my 2 cents :cool:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really don't get it, quality wise its every bit as good as any other release. The stigma attached to it is actually getting you a very good deal on a rare game. Lastly, if you want buy it 2nd hand, no one is going to buy from NGF when its like 1500 so any copies floating around 2nd hand, they already have their money.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
lithy said:
I really don't get it, quality wise its every bit as good as any other release. The stigma attached to it is actually getting you a very good deal on a rare game. Lastly, if you want buy it 2nd hand, no one is going to buy from NGF when its like 1500 so any copies floating around 2nd hand, they already have their money.

Lithy,

That's hpw I got the one I have. I bought it second hand for about 25% of the asking price of the one on www.ngfusa.com . Like I said....I am not trying to validate this carts authenticity. I bought it because I wanted it. No more.....No less. :tickled:

Phillip

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
You are forgetting one thing. The NGF clowns no doubt have plenty of extra fake inserts, cart stickers, and manuals, and they can easily convert any JPN KOF2K over to an "English" one as needed. Thus, there is no way to judge the quantity of those manufactured, and (once again) the cart is worthless. And no one here honestly believes that the NGF clowns would not do such a thing, because we all know they would . . . :rolleyes:

lithy said: