US Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 coming 04/28/08?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
MilkManX said:
Amazon has US Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 coming 04/28/08?

Same day as the SNK Classics. I hope so but I am not counting on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012RCNVO/ref=reg_hu-wl_mrai-recs
I pray this is right, but it sounds like the bull of shit to me.
I remember KoFXI and NGBC were originally scheduled for the same date.
I don't know why Playmore does this shit. Have they EVER hit a release date correctly? I can't recall it. Every release of theirs has been completely late.

Conservative prediction: FFBA2 hits first, maybe in mid-May.
SNK Classics, being technically a "newer" product, will get delayed later.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
All I can say is that the JP version kicks major ass and is a must buy if you don't have a Neo. I don't know why you guys wait for local releases.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
I pray this is right, but it sounds like the bull of shit to me.
I remember KoFXI and NGBC were originally scheduled for the same date.
I don't know why Playmore does this shit. Have they EVER hit a release date correctly? I can't recall it. Every release of theirs has been completely late.

Conservative prediction: FFBA2 hits first, maybe in mid-May.
SNK Classics, being technically a "newer" product, will get delayed later.

If I remember correctly, AOF collection came out of nowhere with it's release.
But that's the only one ever that I can remember.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
KagerouSama said:
If I remember correctly, AOF collection came out of nowhere with it's release.
But that's the only one ever that I can remember.

I thought that was because AoF Anthology was published through Crave and not by SNK Playmore themselves?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Hikaru Ichijyo said:
I thought that was because AoF Anthology was published through Crave and not by SNK Playmore themselves?
I don't think so.
Weren't NGBC and XI done by Crave as well?
Those had delays.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
Can someone tell me why MOTW isn't on this disc?

Because it doesn't fit the time frame in which these games came from, that's what I think anyway as it makes sense.

MOTW is already released in Volume 1 of the Neo Geo Online Collection, I know Metal Slug is in the arcade classics but that's one out of 6 games in a collection so it doesn't completely make it pointless to buy the MS collection where as releasing a game that's already out by itself does.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Michael Yagami said:
Can someone tell me why MOTW isn't on this disc?
PS2 MOTW was originally released in Japan on 6-30-2005.
Battle Archives 2 was released in Japan on 2-22-2007.
PS2 MOTW was re-released as a lower-priced "best of" on 6-21-2007.

So, MOTW was not included on the Japanese release of Battle Archives 2 since SNK Playmore were already planning to do the "best of" re-release of MOTW 4 months later. I'm assuming the U.S. branch of the company is not planning to add MOTW to the U.S. release of Battle Archives 2 because that would mean more work/expense than a straight localization/translation would otherwise require.

Of course, why the U.S. branch has thus far failed to do a U.S. PS2 release of MOTW is beyond me. Certainly, Sony of America's tendency to give a "thumbs-down" to any 2D fighter port that wasn't part of a 2- or 3-title anthology might have alot to do with it. So, if the U.S. branch could squeeze MOTW onto the U.S. localization of Battle Archives 2, it would pose a good opportunity for them to finally get PS2 MOTW into the U.S. market. If not, I'm not sure when they'd see another opportunity for a U.S. MOTW release.

--Chris

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Dash no Chris said:
Various valid reasons why MOTW isn't on BA Vol. 2.

--Chris

I know, I know. It was more of a rhetorical question. It just seems to me that a "Fatal Fury Battle Archive" isn't really complete unless all the 2D AES/MVS released Fatal Fury games are included.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I can still remember when Samurai Showdown 5 was slated for the PS2. More then a year after the original PS2 release date, it got shuffled to the Xbox and delayed even more.

If there's one thing no one can accuse SNK of it's being on time.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Had these come out about 5 years ago I would have been excited.
My PS2 does not get any use at all. As a matter of fact it just laying around totally open screws and all. Unfortunatly my PS2 really is not feeling that well :loco:
I'd rather get this for a newer system.
I wish they would do a complete FF release on the Wii and not for the VC kinda like they did with Metal Slug.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
US Fatal Fury Real Bout Archive 2 has shipped today 04/08/08!

Chunky and I ordered through Amazon and it should be here by the weekend. Cant wait!

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
MilkManX said:
US Fatal Fury Real Bout Archive 2 has shipped today 04/08/08!

Chunky and I ordered through Amazon and it should be here by the weekend. Cant wait!

!

What?? So early?

I am going to pick this up as soon as I see it in stores. I just bought volume 1 and am enjoying it immensely.

Can't wait for this one, I'm looking forward to playing Real Bout 2 at home as my only access to an MVS cab is at work.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I already have the games on MVS, but I will pick it up just to continue supporting the new SNK.

This is on the SNK Playmore official site. You guys need to look harder(under press releases). Check out the in development section for even cooler news.

Michael Meyers
Michael Meyers Public Relations
925-551-8080
michael@mmpr.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol. 2 Ships for the PlayStation®2 system

Wall, N.J.—April 10, 2008— SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the U.S. publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, today announced Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol. 2 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system is shipping to retailers across North America.

Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol. 2 is a collection of 3 games (on one disc) from one of SNK’s most popular fighting game series, FATAL FURY. Battle Archives Vol. 2 comes loaded with: REAL BOUT FATAL FURY, REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL and REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2; The Newcomers, completing the 7 game series. These installments are well known for their hand-drawn animation, stylish character designs and their original “2 Line System” where players can strategize and plan out their plan of action from separate foreground and background planes. When combined with visual flair and unique, one of a kind personality with 2D gameplay that is both fast and furious it is easy to see how Fatal Fury has become a true classic of the fighting genre.

“The Fatal Fury series has always been an SNK fan favorite and now with Battle Archives Vol. 2 we can bring the story full circle.” said Ben Herman, President of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. “This collection provides both classic gamers and a whole new generation of gamers with the greatness that is Fatal Fury”

About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION:
Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (SNK) develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1978, SNK is one of the largest privately held interactive entertainment content providers in the world. Known for such franchises as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, METAL SLUG, and SAMURAI SHODOWN SNK continues to be an industry leader by focusing on their rich arcade history. More information on SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION can be found at www.snkplaymore.co.jp SNK PLAYMORE USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION with offices in Wall, NJ. It handles operations in North America including publishing, marketing, development and localization. More information on SNK PLAYMORE USA can be found at www.snkplaymoreusa.com

© SNK PLAYMORE

www.snkplaymoreusa.com/pr-4-10-2008.php

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
got mine this afternoon...

...for 15usd @ next level videogames in blackwood, nj.

i'm bummed that whenever i damage mai enough to make a bloody mess, it appears that i've only milked her titties.

sarcasm mode off, it's not just vs. mai; every character shot that should net you a big splash o' blood (it is a bareknuckle fight, ne?) gives you 'sweat' instead.

this censorship is so last generation, and random at that. we get blue mary bouncy, yet no blood? i know the argument(s) and complaint(s) about this issue have been done to death...it really is a shame tho.

the squirts of white are really quite oft-putting @ first...and i'm not just some nostalgic fan boy that blindly hated on samsho6 before ever playing it because it didn't have blood.

i was playing RB w/someone who had never played it before today, and the censorship really ruined the suspension of disbelief for him...he was like, "what just happened-did that combo cause a glitch?"

these games are still hella fun after all these years, and all of my combos work. for sure, the games on this disc are more than worth the asking price. i just feel a little bad that this will probably end up in my trade box by next month.

as always, YMMV.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Well, ordered.

I was in disbelief when it was first posted that it was out because I hadn't seen the press release on Playmore's site that day.

I leave for the weekend to visit family and, lo and behold, the press release is put up and the game is really out there.

Not sure how long expedited will take from CA to GA. (1-3 days, I know. But knowing for sure is something different.)

So, yay?

In Real Bout Special, do you still have to suffer through Blue Mary's Blues every time the game is beaten?

That was my only complaint ever with the game.

Ah, well.

FUUMA

Marked Wolf
Had these come out about 5 years ago I would have been excited.
My PS2 does not get any use at all. As a matter of fact it just laying around totally open screws and all. Unfortunatly my PS2 really is not feeling that well
I'd rather get this for a newer system.
I wish they would do a complete FF release on the Wii and not for the VC kinda like they did with Metal Slug.
I know, I am totally loving these on my PS3.