*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

KGRAMR

Another Striker
As for me, I would be more interested in Q.P. - which was 99% complete (according to NEO·GEO FREAK game development progress chart) and sported an amazing artwork. :-)

Yet another 100% complete game was Magic Master (Mahou Juku), which was actually advertised on the GAME MACHINE aracde amusement Japanese trade business mag, just like (or more correctly just a little less than) GhostLop.

And come to think of it, where's my 20YEARS member badge? :-)
Mahou Juku would be cool to see it in motion. Same for off-screen footage of Mystic Wand. For me, either Last Odyssey or The Warlocks of Fate.

geladobom

War Room Troll
Mahou Juku would be cool to see it in motion. Same for off-screen footage of Mystic Wand. For me, either Last Odyssey or The Warlocks of Fate.
So many reasons everyone wants to play a bit of this games before the world ends.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I"ve been out of the loop from the Neo Geo scene for about a month ago but apparently, a user on Twitter under the nickname 2021Kduck found several NGPC protos, including a never announced and never before seen SVC 2 proto.
If you mean SNK vs Capcom 2 then that would be massive. I’m skeptical until I see it of course…

KGRAMR

Another Striker
WAIT! I'm a fucking idiot for not checking out who was the user. So the same person who bought Sun Shine collected those NGPC protos over the course of 20 years.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's the same guy who sold Block Paradise to who knows without confirming whether it was dumped, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
On topic, but away from the current strand of conversation - I'm not into protos at all, but I am curious as to whether there's more information out there on Sunsoft's cancelled Pair Pair Wars? I've seen a few arcade flyers for the game go on sale recently, and just wondered what happened to this release, it seemed pretty well developed, and Sunsoft was active with Neo Geo at the time.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm curious what Necrosofty is saying there. For those who don't remember, he was the one who helped rediscover SSV Perfect.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I'm curious what Necrosofty is saying there. For those who don't remember, he was the one who helped rediscover SSV Perfect.

They’re talking about which specific auction some of the games came from.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
On topic, but away from the current strand of conversation - I'm not into protos at all, but I am curious as to whether there's more information out there on Sunsoft's cancelled Pair Pair Wars? I've seen a few arcade flyers for the game go on sale recently, and just wondered what happened to this release, it seemed pretty well developed, and Sunsoft was active with Neo Geo at the time.
When it's about prototypes/prototyping it's all about obtaining early feedback on requirements by providing a model of the expected product before actually building it. They allow stakeholders to experiment with a model of the final product rather than being limited to discussing abstract representation of their requirements. They support the concept of elaboration in iterative cycle of mock-up creation (where you can see if the software is well developed or not), user experimentation, feedback generation (if they like the game or not), and revision.
Then, the requirements obtained are sufficiently complete to move to a design (here the flyers) or build phase (no release here).

geladobom

War Room Troll
It seems we have a lucky duck with a lot of full protos around the sea. Maybe found them inside of the titanic boat.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
As soon as i woke up and i saw this, i said to myself "God fucking dammit! We were this close of having a shoot 'em up from Toaplan for the Neo Geo" This is not a hoax, as i've seen a similar document like this but for Toaplan's very last and unreleased Arcade game prior to bankruptcy (Genkai Chousen Distopia).

KGRAMR

Another Striker
A Toaplan shooter on neogeo hardware would have made me explode into a cloud of glitter and gold dust
It makes a lot of sense as to why they began planning a shooter for the Neo Geo, given that they had knowledge of the Motorola 68000 CPU, as almost all of their arcade titles since Flying Shark used it.

geladobom

War Room Troll
I just found this cute image online on purpose.

Attachments

• 38945-guerilla-war.jpg
    38945-guerilla-war.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 28

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I just found this cute image online on purpose.
Hey here's an idea, how about stop posting to actually play the games you obsess over autismo. Or, dare I say it, own any Neo hardware whatsoever.

Stop cluttering the forum with your zero nutritional value posts

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Would be nice to try warlocks out considering it's been bouncing around on hard drives for 17 years.