*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Does anyone know who 2021kduck is? Are they a seller, are we likely to see this going up for sale? I remember when the video emerged this year, someone here linked to a Japanese website and the guy who had the cart appeared to not a a f**king clue what it was. I wonder if 2021kduck managed to buy it off him.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was going to post this, thanks. Hopefully the owner will help find a way to share this instead of locking it away.

According to the web site of a supposed former ADK employee, Sun Shine is NGH-008 and Block Paradise is NGH-012. The game had the title screen and graphics reworked for slightly updated theming.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I was going to post this, thanks. Hopefully the owner will help find a way to share this instead of locking it away.

According to the web site of a supposed former ADK employee, Sun Shine is NGH-008 and Block Paradise is NGH-012. The game had the title screen and graphics reworked for slightly updated theming.
Nice, are these new leads? I don't remember you being so definite with the NGH numbers of these games before.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Nice, are these new leads? I don't remember you being so definite with the NGH numbers of these games before.
Yeah. Billy discovered this and wrote something up around the time when I released my Fun Fun Brothers video, so I discussed it on that video. You're right it'a possible the numbers are slightly different, since 013 and 015 are unknown.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hopefully it will be released, indeed. And I think it would be better if it received a full release, strictly according to how SNK did it back then. Same price, too.
Pleaaaase don't repeat what was done with Ghostlop or B2B... We already lost two opportunities... We can do quality work, for once.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Oh you are also racist.
index.php

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
The guy has a YT channel with very interesting stuff and also uploaded a better quality video of the intro and the how to play minutes ago.

Nice, I don't think we've seen the "Sun Shine" combo indicator and the high score table screen before.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I've always found the fascination with prototype games strange. They're ALWAYS bad. If a game was even remotely good, it was shipping. It's just too hard/takes too long to make games to dumpster them unless they're complete turd.

It's like that Hangzo game everyone was making a stink about. Complete junk.
What a fucking ignorant take.

Ghostlop is VERY fun. More worthwhile than 2/3 the Neo library. And it got canned for financial / business reasons

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Please god let it be released now. Id love to hear how something like this ends up in the hand of someone who doesnt know what it is

geladobom

War Room Troll
I'm not sure in this instance, I believe Billy has suggested they are two different games. Sunshine was the first and Block Paradise is a reworked version.
Check the 4th picture saying Sun Shine, this is a clone of Sun Shine. And i believe there is a nother different background inside of the cart. After dumped the card we can find for sure the final clue of this game.

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Check the 4th picture saying Sun Shine, this is a clone of Sun Shine. And i believe there is a nother different background inside of the cart. After dumped the card we can find for sure the final clue of this game.
I believe that 'Sun Shine' text you refer to is the name of the bonus or powerup obtained during game play. In the original game called 'Sun Shine' this powerup was called a 'Squall'. Confusing I know :ROFLMAO:

geladobom

War Room Troll
I believe that 'Sun Shine' text you refer to is the name of the bonus or powerup obtained during game play. In the original game called 'Sun Shine' this powerup was called a 'Squall'. Confusing I know :ROFLMAO:
MVS + AES?
Squall, maybe is the name of the 2 icon storms down below in the picture. Block paradise was changed by blocks.
Fun Fun Bros. will appear too, soon or later.

Attachments

• sunshine.gif
    sunshine.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 2
  • xbp1.jpg
    xbp1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
That video's outdated now. That was made before we knew that Sun Shine and Block Paradise were separate, and before the Block Paradise footage was released.

This video has more updated information:
Fun Fun Bros is a nother clone of Sun Shine and Block Paradise. 3 Games in one NGH.
What website is in the minute 1:41?
Update: Did you guys realize, that Fun Fun Bros have the year of 1991 and both 2 Sun Shine and Block Paradise are from 1990?
I believe that Sunshine and Block Paradise are NGH-008 and NGH-012 is Fun Fun Bros.
NGH-026 is Garou 2.

Billy Pitt website appears a few games as "Saveguarded" and that means it have them, but they are not public and private.
Alpha Denshi have a lot of good games it will should be at public.
Defunct2003
FateClosed, properties sold
Someone have the properties in power.

Attachments

• funfun1.jpg
    funfun1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What website is in the minute 1:41?
It's the page linked in the video description:
I believe that Sunshine and Block Paradise are NGH-008 and NGH-012 is Fun Fun Bros.
No. The site above appears to confirm that Sun Shine and Block Paradise are separate, and have their own NGH numbers. Block Paradise is a refined version of Sun Shine with new rules and mechanics.

I'm quite positive that Fun Fun Brothers is confirmed at 026. As you can see from the video footage we have, someone already owned this game, and most likely put the correct number out.
NGH-026 is Garou 2.
You mean 258. 026 is way too early.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Tetris style puzzle games are not my thing, but it's interesting to see more info come out on Block Paradise. I guess this was canned because SNK already had Joy Joy Kid? I don't think SNK needed two block puzzle games in 1990 did they?

geladobom

War Room Troll
It's the page linked in the video description:

No. The site above appears to confirm that Sun Shine and Block Paradise are separate, and have their own NGH numbers. Block Paradise is a refined version of Sun Shine with new rules and mechanics.

I'm quite positive that Fun Fun Brothers is confirmed at 026. As you can see from the video footage we have, someone already owned this game, and most likely put the correct number out.

You mean 258. 026 is way too early.
But if references 258 as Last Blade 3?
I believe is not 258 because Last Blade 3 never was released. Oh Well.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Tetris style puzzle games are not my thing, but it's interesting to see more info come out on Block Paradise. I guess this was canned because SNK already had Joy Joy Kid? I don't think SNK needed two block puzzle games in 1990 did they?
The game seems very different from Tetris. You actually control the platform the blocks land on, not the blocks themselves. @mmsadda had it right earlier. Just because a company found a reason to cancel a game for business reasons back in the day has nothing to do with whether or not players today would find it fun.
But if references 258 as Last Blade 3?
I believe is not 258 because Last Blade 3 never was released. Oh Well.
That page references four possibilities. They all aren't confirmed to have actually been assigned any NGH number. All we know for sure is that we've got an empty spot, and those are some of the candidates we know of.