Update The Neo has graphical guts...

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
mn1.png

the ol' granma can definitly give good things.

so, i was bored this week end so i ripped the whole first level (final bloodline) of SOTN, made it neo-geo compliant (in term of colors count), changed a bit my good old platformer engine for GBA (castlevania-esque jumps).

this screen is a simulation, but final thing would look like exactly that.

dunno... is that a good idea to make or not ?
i think it is.

i will have big work when the jeff's devkit arrives. i ll have to adapt my various engines from GBA to Neo-geo (nothing much to do, it s pure C) ^^;

Last edited:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Wow, that's awesome!

The project sounds really cool, although I'm not sure how successful it would be. Worth a shot though. :)

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
well, things like character control, stairs climb, jump, shoot, collision detection and field layout is already done from my old programs.

My concern won t be to make the whole game, but open-source first level. And if anyone want to go on, then great :)

Btw the first release of the devkit will only allow the good old 330MEGA shock (no bank-switch)

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
What the hell is this doing in Unreleated? It’s busy enough here without you spamming it up with Neo topics.

Seriously, that looks really promising, if you can pull it off I’ll be hugely impressed.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Wow man, that looks awesome. I remember somebody having a sig of the Dracula X picture on a homecart. Looks like it could actually happen (with SOTN). Good luck, I wish I could do something like that.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

Re: The Neo has graphical guts...

BarfHappy said:
mn1.png

the ol' granma can definitly give good things.

so, i was bored this week end so i ripped the whole first level (final bloodline) of SOTN, made it neo-geo compliant (in term of colors count), changed a bit my good old platformer engine for GBA (castlevania-esque jumps).

this screen is a simulation, but final thing would look like exactly that.

dunno... is that a good idea to make or not ?
i think it is.

i will have big work when the jeff's devkit arrives. i ll have to adapt my various engines from GBA to Neo-geo (nothing much to do, it s pure C) ^^;

Awesome. Keep us updated! (Personally, I think you should go back and adapt the PC Engine Dracula X myself.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
WOW!

Keep up the good work. And DAMNIT this does not belong in unrelated!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mods move this to General :)

Seriously that looks great. The prospect of homebrew Neo games is really exciting. Keep up the good work.

D

Devils Child

We all knew the Neo-Geo could do kickass amazing graphical feats, but I didn't know it could keep up with the 32-bit crowd. Prove me wrong and you'll have a masterpiece on your hands.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Yes there will be music.
FM music first, and then digital when the sound driver allows it.

It doesn t yet belong to another thread i think, it s not on the real neo for now. As soon as the devkit is available and i am done with enough work to show i will post it in news and rumors along with the roms. It should take a week after the devkit is released (providing it s released during my february holidays).

Don t worry i ll keep you informed :)

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
you never disappoint me, my friend
is just GREAT what you're doing

if all the frenchies were like you...aheam:D

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Metalslug said:
Since when was the neo about graphics? :loco:

I hope this comment was sarcasm.

The neo was and still is one of the best 2d performers. :shame:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I'd pay top dollar for an MVS version of either Rondo of Blood OR Nocturne In The Moonlight. That looks great man, hope to see that game become a reality someday.

Mercenary X99

***The first official post***

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Mercenary X99 said:
I'd pay top dollar for an MVS version of either Rondo of Blood OR Nocturne In The Moonlight. That looks great man, hope to see that game become a reality someday.

Mercenary X99

***The first official post***

I second that! Lets see a newly put together Fan Castlevania, that played like Rondo of Blood, but has the backgrounds of SOTN. Need new music? I would be happy to compose for you (I have a degree in music composition ya know!). Let's see this become a reality!!!

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
You'd be the biggest fucking idiot to not complete this project.

Lagduf said:
Mods move this to General :

ditto.

And notably, some of the best Vectrex games were developed as ROMs after the system had long since died. While I'm heavily anti-piracy, projects like this are damn cool!

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Update: While it won t be possible to include a full digital track for a complete game, in a first go for the beginning here is the soundtrack
copyright konami of course but it s a quite obscure version and really great :)
i want to keep things digital as much as it s possible in fact...FM is not good for the neo (-_-)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Fucking sweet. (I'm hanging on your every update you know.)