Universe Bios 3.1 released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It simply blanks the screen after a set ammount of time (about 1 minute) until there is movement on the joystick or a button is pressed.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Ah very nice. Thanks for letting me know. I will most likely be sending my two unibios for an upgrade soon :)

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I have the 3.1 bios in my mvs 6 slot... I made some changes in the settings and now can't get back into the menu to revert the changes :-(

Pressing A B C doesn't do any thing on boot up...

How can I fix without removing the bios and reinserting perhaps?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You probably enabled the arcade protect feature. Press the testmode button with abc to get back into the menu.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
That sounds about right :-) Thanks for the tip I'll try it ASAP

Edit: All working :D Thanks again

Last edited:

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
can anyone recommend a installer in the United States, I am looking to purchase my first AES within a few days and would like to find someone who is reputable to do a Unibios install for me.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
can anyone recommend a installer in the United States, I am looking to purchase my first AES within a few days and would like to find someone who is reputable to do a Unibios install for me.

If you are new to the Neo scene don't get a home system. Go the MVS route, it's just crazy to think that people are willing to get into the home system in this day.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member

I would like to know too. I would be great if someone would provide us with contacts in regarding to installation of the chips.

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Has anyone had any work done at Neotropolis? they have quoted me $50 shipped to do a Unibios install

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Has anyone had any work done at Neotropolis? they have quoted me $50 shipped to do a Unibios install

That sounds like Kenny. I'm sure there are people local to you who would take care of this for you. Just make a thread asking for help.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

It'd be easier to have a Bios caddy installed... and then you can just change Bios at will...

xROTx

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
It'd be easier to have a Bios caddy installed... and then you can just change Bios at will...

xROTx

what is a bios caddy? is that just a rom socekt?

also can someone tell me why I cannot start a new thread, view peoples profiles, or send private messages? I keep getting an error that I don't have the privileges to do that.

tomboy2k3

NEST Puppet
Is there a List with Games working with the saving function and which are not working?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Sorry there is not a list, is there any game you want to know about I can probably tell you.

Raz

tomboy2k3

NEST Puppet
Sorry there is not a list, is there any game you want to know about I can probably tell you.

Raz

Okay, is the HS Saving Function working with Metal Slug 1 - 5, Sonic Wings 2 & 3 and Shocktroopers 1 & 2?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
High score saving works in all those games.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes I can. I will send you an email now.

SlaserX

n00b
So realistically, is this mod essential to basic MVS functioning? If you have to resolder, is it that big of a bear if you have moderate soldering experience? I'm trying to figure out which MVS mobo I should aim for...