Unibios installation AES UK

bitterblueben

New Challenger
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Does anyone know any reliable and competitively priced installers of the Unibios in the United Kingdom for the Neo Geo AES?

Is it really worth getting a Unibios installed i mean is the difference between a non-modded and modded console night and day type thing or not really that noticeable/required. I understand that PAL/NTSC-U/C consoles display blood in games like Sam Sho in green or white on a PAL/US console rather than the normal red like the NTSC-J AES consoles do and also i am interested in being able to play my English AES games in English mode on an NTSC-J AES

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ian from 8Bitplus were the official installers but he stopped taking on new customers due to too much demand. You can ask but don’t expect miracles. Here’s a blog post about him fixing my AES which wouldn’t play my bare AES Alpha Mission 2 on the old Debug Bios it had installed. Ian put a new socket and UniBios chip in and fixed the problem within a week, top guy.

Else you can try Mutant Caterpillar but they’ve had one of my consoles for some work for over a month now for a recap. I’ll report back when they’ve actually finished the work.

venchia3

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I second mutant caterpillar, quality guy but keep in mind he is swamped with work sometimes and might take a time for him to send the console back.

Be assured however that when he does it will be in a bulletproof enclosure :)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider it %100 essential. The ability to play MVS or home version is honestly the most significant thing because once you’re in arcade mode nothing is locked…and if it is you can fix it with a cheat. Plus there is the music player. Night and day, yes.

bitterblueben

New Challenger
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies all. I looked at Mutant Catterpillar’s website looks good/reliable, only sticking point i need to get past is that after importing my shiny (albeit 30 year old) AES from Japan i cannot bear to part with it/deal with the thought of someone taking it apart, i hope time diminishes those thoughts so that i can then get a Unibios installed😊

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks for the replies all. I looked at Mutant Catterpillar’s website looks good/reliable, only sticking point i need to get past is that after importing my shiny (albeit 30 year old) AES from Japan i cannot bear to part with it/deal with the thought of someone taking it apart, i hope time diminishes those thoughts so that i can then get a Unibios installed😊
If you ship it, it might be wise to just ship the motherboard, not only will it be lighter but no chance of case damage either.

Reactions: wyo

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
So wtf were you considering when you started this thread? Having a modder come to your house for a cuppa?
Mail your plastic waifu off and get it modded. Youll be fine.
Well… maybe not fine, but no more fucked than you were previously.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
As your new Neo Geo is a Japanese version all games will be uncensored and the games will run at full 60 Hz, enjoy the blood and the bounce!

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

Does anyone know any reliable and competitively priced installers of the Unibios in the United Kingdom for the Neo Geo AES?

Is it really worth getting a Unibios installed i mean is the difference between a non-modded and modded console night and day type thing or not really that noticeable/required. I understand that PAL/NTSC-U/C consoles display blood in games like Sam Sho in green or white on a PAL/US console rather than the normal red like the NTSC-J AES consoles do and also i am interested in being able to play my English AES games in English mode on an NTSC-J AES
1000% worth getting unibios installed. I love it.