Unbelievable business practice

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ahahaha.

But nah it's cool guys, it's been a few years so who cares right?

Y'all still mad or nah?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Take it to one of the dozens of other Tonk threads guys. This thread is about the Unholy Altar boy Josh.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Somebody needs to infiltrate that joint with a spy cam and go Impractical Jokers on his ass.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Josh's last few threads he created before gathering his toys and going home were great

Quoting Busta Rhymes, delusions of persecution.. Josh could make a comeback

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I found some used video cables for a PS2 for $4.99 but the clerk told me they "might not work" and that he had another set of used cables that "do" work behind the counter for $17.99.

When I asked to purchase the console, one of the two workers there picked up the phone and called somebody, must be the owner. Thirty seconds later, he hung up the phone and told me "sorry, it's not for sale right now." I asked "why?" and all I got back was a dumb grin and an idiotic shoulder shrug from the worker. It didn't make sense! Why would you have the system on display with a clear visible price tag and not selling it?

lol

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I told this story in chat yesterday and it never even occurred to me that this place was both super shady and well known around here. So here we go again for the sake of others.

A few years back, there was an ad on Craigslist for a job managing this place. I emailed my resume and whatevers and got a call from them. I went in and I interviewed with the dude for about an hour or so. We talked about the places I had worked and I told him about my management experience and my game industry experience and he was really enthusiastic. He later offered me the job and told me that he wanted me to run it like it was my own store, to advertise it as "under new management" and all kinds of other stuff. He said that he wanted to do other stuff and be free to travel to Japan to get more product and other stuff like that. It seemed like a cool deal and I was actually pretty excited. Keep in mind, this was just a few years ago and I had actually been a member here for a few years but never thought to look into the reputation of this place. Anyway, he tells me to come in a few weeks later to start and that it would be all good. A few weeks pass and I go in, and the store is closed when he told me to be there. I hung out for a few hours waiting and he finally showed up. He told me that I was gonna have to wait a while longer because he didn't have the money to pay an employee at that point but we would work it out later. I suggested that if he opened his store at the advertised time, maybe it would be a bit easier. His face turned bright red and he went off the fucking handle. He started yelling about all kinds of shit and said that I was unprofessional (wat?) and that I could find something else. After a little while of letting him go crazy I just took off. I didn't hear back from him after that.

A few months later I came into some games I wanted to get rid of quickly and thought I would go there to see how the store was and see if he ever found anyone. I went at like 4pm on a weekday afternoon and the place was shuttered and nobody was around. I have no clue how this place is in business or who would ever buy anything from them. I used to manage another So. Cal spot that used to be popular for its imports (Gameland) and he did pretty much the exact same shit. Jacked up all the prices, tried to screw the customers and kept shitty , unreliable hours. So strange. -_-

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
At the very least, I learned a very valuable lesson about how not to do business when I do my own shit next year.

It still boggles my mind -_-

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
lol read some of the yelp reviews

Comedy gold

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If only he was still here... I could use this:

friday-the-13thx-large.jpg

xROTx

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's never too late for a plane ticket, Rot.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Next time I am in Cali, I will slap him right in the mouth and have someone film it and I will release the footage once the donation bucket is full ;)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
His parents are paying for the shop, right?

btw:

Clerk seemed well intention ed but was ultimately a very awkward shopping experience. I also don't really like the fact that the price of the Super NES, NES, Gameboy etc games on the shelves was for a cartridge only and did not include their cheaply made, copyright infringed, printed artwork. Nope, that's an extra $9.

lol

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I used to manage another So. Cal spot that used to be popular for its imports (Gameland) and he did pretty much the exact same shit. Jacked up all the prices, tried to screw the customers and kept shitty , unreliable hours. So strange. -_-

Was it the gameland that use to be in Torrance.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Yep. I was there for a while and in Lakewood for a while.

I bought a haunted grounds pretty cheap from gameland, what I wanted everytime I walk in thee was that Jill Valentine scroll on the wall.

What is your opinion of Cali games.