Un-Boxing thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What's with these morons and those countless un-boxing videos?

My 9 year old will watch them and it drives me nuts...fucking grown adults opening stupid toys and posting videos of it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If it's something rare/new that not many people have seen yet it can be interesting to see how the product turned out and if matches the promotional imagery. And blind bagged/boxed toys involve surprise, as you never know what you're going to get (unless the packaging codes and/or case packing are known and can be looked up online). Opening up a really old vintage toy can sometimes be interesting too as time can do some funny things, particularly to rubber, slime and play-doh.

On the other hand, if it's a common item/toy, then I agree that it's not terribly exciting to watch, unless the person doing it has unusual behavior that can be entertaining.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i thought this was a parody of the Boxing Thread...

i like watching statue unboxings

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They can be a useful reference in that you see exactly what was included with brand new items. But mainly they are stupid.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
i thought this was a parody of the Boxing Thread...

i like watching statue unboxings

It is...kinda...

But the bitch is the realz, I do hate the ones kid watch. It's not only my daughter watching them, its her friends, and other kids I know...

The other weird one that really gets me are videos of adults playing with toys and filming it so kids can watch it.

My favorite unboxing video ...

I currently have, and wear this shirt:

bustedtees.cf0d752a-44ee-4179-9a44-7be40724.jpg

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I'm going to start doing videos of opening forum threads, reading them, and then talk about them a little.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I like unboxing videos for Suprise Eggs - you never know what'll be inside. Disney Collector does a fantastic job with her videos. I especially like when she plays with the toys in interesting scenarios.

My only question is what does she do with all that chocolate???!!!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I like unboxing videos for Suprise Eggs - you never know what'll be inside. Disney Collector does a fantastic job with her videos. I especially like when she plays with the toys in interesting scenarios.

My only question is what does she do with all that chocolate???!!!

...................great question. Why don't you dig into that and let us know what you find out.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
My kid was obsessed with those egg videos for awhile too. Pro tip: try out the YouTube Kids app and block that crap.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i don't like them but most channels i'm subscribed to does them so i watch it.

-SD-

Camel Slug
My son makes videos of opening packs of Pokémon cards... it’s fun to see his reaction when he pulls a full-art or GX.