Twinkle star sprites

Boat200

New Challenger
I'm now thinking about the Saturn version. Is the audio that bad? I understand it's a solid port, and with an addition character.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
This thread just reminded me that I missed out on a TSS for a great price once. Some dude on another forum sold that one and another game, offering them for 150 bucks. Each, he meant....but he didn't specify it. So minutes later he gets a reply from someone saying "Great, I'll take them for 150, can you make it shipped?", and he agreed! Because he should have phrased it more clearly, he said.
Congrats to the buyer, but man, did I envy him. :) (although I wouldn't have assumed it was 150 for both so I would not even have asked :D)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Was talking to a guy the other day about NEO, TSS came up.

He said he's a fan. And if you play it in MAME, the game has no slow-down.

Never tried it in mame. Was wondering: This true?

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Most ofthe Neogeo games seem to work flawlessly in mame, so I wouldn't be surprised. I may have misunderstood your question on whether the MAME version has no slow down while the Neogeo cart has slow down since I have yet to get my hands on a TSS cart :)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The slowdown actually helps quite a bit in the final stages. Maintaining a combo causes slowdown that helps you dodge everything the boss throws at you while you wait for it to start charging for something, which is pretty much the only break you can get.

Boat200

New Challenger
The slowdown actually helps quite a bit in the final stages. Maintaining a combo causes slowdown that helps you dodge everything the boss throws at you while you wait for it to start charging for something, which is pretty much the only break you can get.

Does the Saturn port maintain the slowdown?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
if your going to get a bootleg get the 120 in 1 cart imo, has Twinkle Star Sprites on it, though occasionally the sound gets all fucked up for a couple seconds. Also has Shock Troopers on it which is a fantastic game.

Last edited:

Boat200

New Challenger
if your going to get a bootleg get the 120 in 1 cart imo, has Twinkle Star Sprites on it, though occasionally the sound gets all fucked up for a couple seconds. Also has Shock Troopers on it which is a fantastic game.

Thanks for the info. I'm fairly happy with the Saturn version (minus the short load times). Just thought I'd pass along the link for someone else who could be interested. It's 80 Euros. A boot TSS cart went for like 150 a few weeks back. crazy

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
For some reason nearly all the games featuring "Cotton" the witch seem to be simultaneously under-represented and in high demand.

Actually, the characters in Twinkle Star Sprites are a parody of those found in the Sailor Moon franchise and have no connection to the Cotton series.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I bought the Dreamcast port for my wife and I to play and it really is an amazing version of the game.