TWINKLE STAR SPRITES now on Steam

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I didn't know about this either. I'm not willing to pay for the MVS version and I've been holding off on buying the DC version, so I'll just stick to this if it's accurate.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I take it there's no online play? If not, I think I'll just stick to the Fightcade version...

fake

15 Year Member
Damn. I'll have to see if the Pandoras Box version works well.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Damn. I'll have to see if the Pandoras Box version works well.
It works well, but you're better off just getting a 138 in 1 multi and not worrying about anything else. The PB has the annoying fixed resolution so if it's not cps1 or 2 it will look nasty.

fake

15 Year Member
Eh, that doesn't bother me too much. If it does, I'll finally pick up the DC port.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Please inform me what's wrong with dotemu?

It's an awful emulator running a ROM. It's not a port or anything. Christ if you're charging me 7.99 for a ROM at least make the sound work, the multiplayer not lag, and give me at least a scanline filter. Fightcade does everything better.

*Edit*. This is an odd question btw. Do you work for them?

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
it maybe not the best release, but at LEAST it's official. So i'll support them with $. It's only $8. I want MORE stuff brought over to PC. Don't get me wrong Fightcade is great. It's just built off (pirated) ROMs. So given the opportunity I would like to send $ to the developers in the hopes maybe they're realize there's money to be had. So maybe they'll actually go back and do a proper port.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
it maybe not the best release, but at LEAST it's official. So i'll support them with $. It's only $8. I want MORE stuff brought over to PC. Don't get me wrong Fightcade is great. It's just built off (pirated) ROMs. So given the opportunity I would like to send $ to the developers in the hopes maybe they're realize there's money to be had. So maybe they'll actually go back and do a proper port.

Yeah suuuuure they are. SNK is notorious for they're well fleshed out ports.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's an awful emulator running a ROM. It's not a port or anything. Christ if you're charging me 7.99 for a ROM at least make the sound work, the multiplayer not lag, and give me at least a scanline filter. Fightcade does everything better.

*Edit*. This is an odd question btw. Do you work for them?

Nope good sir. I wanted to know why to steer clear of em on the upcoming steam summer sale. I would imagine they have done other games.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Dotemu has done around 2 dozen of the Neo-Geo games if I remember right and both there and on the Humble Store. At least the humble releases are actual stand alone packages that don't require Steam DRM to fire up. Last December I think it was they did a bundle where you name your price to get like 1/2 of them and the whole lot was about $10. I know dotemu sucks for the given reasons but since it was official, and I knew the ROMS were just sitting there flatly inside of basic zip files I figured why not throw the minimum at it, then donate it entirely to charity and not dotemu. At least then you can lift the ROM packages and throw them at a far better emulation package, or being more creative if you had the tools and a busted board, you could take a ROM you bought and repair it too I would think. I've taken what I bought there and shoved them on my shield tablet and use them with Neo.EMU. While most are better off using a controller stuff like the puzzle and sports games are fine on the touch panel.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Dotemu has done around 2 dozen of the Neo-Geo games if I remember right and both there and on the Humble Store. At least the humble releases are actual stand alone packages that don't require Steam DRM to fire up. Last December I think it was they did a bundle where you name your price to get like 1/2 of them and the whole lot was about $10. I know dotemu sucks for the given reasons but since it was official, and I knew the ROMS were just sitting there flatly inside of basic zip files I figured why not throw the minimum at it, then donate it entirely to charity and not dotemu. At least then you can lift the ROM packages and throw them at a far better emulation package, or being more creative if you had the tools and a busted board, you could take a ROM you bought and repair it too I would think. I've taken what I bought there and shoved them on my shield tablet and use them with Neo.EMU. While most are better off using a controller stuff like the puzzle and sports games are fine on the touch panel.

LOL

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I fail to see the humor in what I wrote. I guess it's funny that ROMs can be downloaded for free is that it? I have no issue giving a donation to charity for some ROMs.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I fail to see the humor in what I wrote. I guess it's funny that ROMs can be downloaded for free is that it? I have no issue giving a donation to charity for some ROMs.

You've posted this same thing in like 4 threads. We understand that you bought a humble bundle for Roms. That being said the funny parts are:
-You think the Roms are "official"
-You think SNK has anything to do with this outside getting the licensing fee from Dotemu
-Youre playing emulators on a tablet with touch controls.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
1. They are, and I don't find a logical reason why you would think they aren't given SNK clearly let them do this though a license.
2. No I don't, I think they licensed dotemu to do what they did. And then it appears dotmu swiped some ROMS online instead of being given them by SNK and licensed a crappy out of date emulator with some issues.
3. Other than Neo Turf Masters, League Bowling, or Baseball Stars I wouldn't be caught dead using touch controls, I have a steelseries controller I sync up.

And it's one other thread, not four, the baseball stars 2 post. I was just supporting lion3 on this with his comment is all, nothing more. If anything I could see some humor in if I were trying to defend that hot mess the Neo Geo X considering the crap Tommo pulled, but nothing there deserves any praise between the hardware and the stolen emulation packages they didn't have a license for, and SNK must have cared since they pulled the rug out from under them unlike dotemu.