Tutorial: Using the NG.com Chat Room while on an iPhone

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
EDIT: I t has come to light thanks to user DecepticonZero that there are better & free appstore browsers to use for chat instead of Photon, like Puffin. Just use desktop mode, go into settings and turn flash quality to high and you're good to go. Happy Chatting! :)

----------
Old post

I know that a lot of people don't use the chat room here because in this modern age not everyone is at a PC with Flash support. There is a Flash browser available for iPhone called Photon that works for me. Unfortunately this app costs $3.99, but it does solve the problem.

Step one:
Download the Photon Flash Browser
35C520E2-3A4B-4315-BB67-86D94BAE245F_zpsiotvqk1s.jpeg

Step two:
Go to Neo-Geo.com/forums , and click the little lightning bolt icon on the bottom right of the screen to activate Flash. No need to sign into NG.com first, as a matter of fact I'd advise against it.
9D4F3D1A-A5E5-4DAA-9066-8481D4801C26_zpszamtoekg.png

96C3BC26-5E51-4407-9653-AD588D1A9117_zpse5osliiw.png

Step 3: There you go, now you're in flash mode. Click chat and allow Flash to do it's thing.
381554EA-E778-4E9C-A01B-08761E8EB351_zps04u7qiqg.png

Step 4: Chat will start loading and will give you an error stating that you're not signed in. Click the little X to close that notification out and chat will load again this time promting you to log-in. Click the little keyboard icon at the top of the screen and do so.
B251E794-FC78-4D31-BBC3-CE850CAEB983_zpsablmswtj.png

Step 5: Welcome to chat!
D3FA9667-86B1-4CCB-A0D7-874C153AC8F5_zpsb83iuwld.png

You will need to open the keyboard and drag the screen to the appropriate area to see everything. It's kind of hard to change the settings in chat such as font color, user icons etc, but you can toggle between touch and simulated mouse mode which makes adjusting these settings easier.

It's a little glitchy as it crashes often if you exit to use other apps. Also I have some trouble sometimes getting back into chat if I click links that people post, so be aware that it may kick you out of chat. Once kicked out of chat by accident or you wish to leave chat, clear all in the photon browsers history otherwise it will say you're already logged-in and won't be able to chat.

I hope to see more of you chat! I believe this app is also available on the iPad as well. Thanks for reading, I hope I've helped at least one person with this thread. :)

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
NG.com on the go is drama on the go. ��

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Dolphin is on iPhone/Android, it's free and it supports chat. It's glitchy, but less then Photon. The iPhone version runs much better then the Android one.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Dolphin is on iPhone/Android, it's free and it supports chat. It's glitchy, but less then Photon. The iPhone version runs much better then the Android one.

Awesome, I'll check it out. ^_^

Downloaded dolphin, I can't figure how to ensble flash mode? Chat isn't working on it for me so it isn't enabled by default.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Awesome, I'll check it out. ^_^

Downloaded dolphin, I can't figure how to ensble flash mode? Chat isn't working on it for me so it isn't enabled by default.

I'm sorry I said the wrong browser in my first post. It's Puffin, not dolphin. My mistake.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Good job.

Serious question: Do people really need to be constantly connected to this fucking forum?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Good job.

Serious question: Do people really need to be constantly connected to this fucking forum?

Yes.

Do you have a favorite 12AX7? I have some nice ones. I think I still have a spare working French Mazda Silverplate 12AX7 if you're interested in some crazy audiophile stuff. Beautiful tube.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'm sorry I said the wrong browser in my first post. It's Puffin, not dolphin. My mistake.

OMG, puffin is way better! Thanks man.
At first it looked terrible, but after you go into settings and turn flash quality to high it rocks! :)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I use dolphin but if I minimize chat to look at another tab/site I usually get booted from chat, ugh!

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Yes.

Do you have a favorite 12AX7? I have some nice ones. I think I still have a spare working French Mazda Silverplate 12AX7 if you're interested in some crazy audiophile stuff. Beautiful tube.

I added that to my profile a long time ago and haven't updated it. My current preference is 6922 tubes.

That's a loaded question. Overall, Amperex is my typical go-to tube brand. PM me if you have anything you want to get rid off.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
God why would anyone want to be in chat on their phone... Even if work is blocking it I just VPN to my home connection and keep on going. I can't imagine chat on the phone is a fun time, my browser crashes with flash chat enough as is.