Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
All your content is a good watch, there's precious few channels that actually just talk about the games like you do. With the neo geo specifically it'll make a real nice collection, so yeah for selfish reasons I'll always hope for a full collection, but yeah just keep doing you.

I like your manner of presentation, there's no overhype or pretence, you don't put yourself forward as historian, so any 'erm actually' comments - take any good/interesting ones and nvm the insufferable ones. You do a good clean job of what you do, and imho that mix of opinion, personality, genuine fondness, interest and own experience, is much more valuable than being 100% perfect on every naval gazing detail, or over the top swish presentation... or shouty-camera-waving ...

(y)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My brother started a Patreon for his Basement Brothers videos. It's optional, and our videos are still free to watch.

I'm not currently planning to take donations for the Neo Geo videos.

Programming note: The Football Frenzy video should be done this weekend, but there's a new Mr. Jakes video too, so schedule conflict, we space new videos out a week or two, so there will be a wait, and then more videos.

New videos generally get posted Sunday evenings. That time slot has been working out well for us.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
1670198513155.png

I swear it took me a while to realize this wasn't a gag in the video, it cut off exactly in the middle of your extra point song. :lolz::lolz::lolz:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
That's as fitting a way as any to end that song. Sorry about that. Hope you'll go back and enjoy it now.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I botched the launch of this video, but anyway, is no one interested in Football Frenzy? These videos take the same amount of work whether they're about a popular game or not.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I enjoyed the video but that's a no comment for me in general...

I botched the launch of this video, but anyway, is no one interested in Football Frenzy? These videos take the same amount of work whether they're about a popular game or not.
Watching it at the moment. I've wanted to try the game out, just haven't gotten around to picking up a cart

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I don't skip a video from a Youtuber I like just because they're talking about a game I don't intend to play. Sometimes in those cases just learning about it is better than actually playing for myself.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I did some Google research today. There seems to be some consensus that the sloppy way I handled this one results in a lower CTR (click through ratio). So I wrote some social media posts asking people to please click on the video in case the video is showing up in recommended videos again.

If you're seeing the Football Frenzy video in your recommended videos again, please click it again so Youtube knows you watched it. This video is on the verge of being a breakout success after all, I'll tell you.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Watched Football Frenzy last night (it did show up in my recommended) and wth I’ll watch it again. Love your videos and you really deserve a lot of applause/love/riches for putting so much love into each of these. Pointing out little things like the skipping track on the CD version… I appreciate little tidbits like that which may have otherwise passed me by forever since I don’t own a Neo CD. Please keep it up!!

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
This video is on the verge of being a breakout success after all, I'll tell you.
We've had videos go from rags to riches as soon as the algorithm picks them up and starts recommending them on a larger scale. This one is my fault, but I'm slowly getting the CTR up.

Each video is practically like time invested in a second job for me, so I'm keeping hope. It's too bad I botched this one because I was really curious to see how this video would do compared to the others.

Edit: Actually, never mind. I guess this one is just a painful lesson learned to be more careful with my video releases in the future.

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
But we watched and appreciated the videos before you asked for clicks. Keep up the good work. Even idiots will realize you actually put effort in those videos and you still like the Neo. Hope you'll never turn full bacon and start with Wii U games & stuff.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
You're my core audience. The loyal repeat watchers. All the others who find my vids through reccomendations are just passing through. I'm grateful to those necessary views from folks who have been along for the whole ride.

You know who's really one of the OG viewers is @heihachi . When I posted this thread he mentioned he had already been watching them, back when they had a couple hundred views.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I auto subbed when it dawned on me that was your channel.
Do you have any backup channels just in case?
Like say at bitchute or rumble?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
You know who's really one of the OG viewers is @heihachi . When I posted this thread he mentioned he had already been watching them, back when they had a couple hundred views.

I've been watching them all along too. You and your brother do great work. I genuinely get excited when I see a new BB video is out.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Mystic Wand is up:

What could have been i take it for another nitd,zupapa slash snow brothers etc.Much as i like the neo-geo for it's fighters it did over saturate the system.To bad mystic wand failed at location test it would be some thing different to play on it.I don't what it is but it's characters design kind of remind me of rodland.

Last edited:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Great job as always, Alec - it's nice to have a video that recaps all the information about a single proto, and this is one of the most interesting lost Neo games, in my opinion (while I'm surely not dying to play stuff like Dunk Star).