Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Amazing as always. Getting into the detail of Roland support on the X68000 version... wow.
The definitive document for the game. Love the developer interview snippets too.
I just happened upon that interview while I was working on this video, and it was a good find. You can watch the full interview here, but I'm afraid there isn't a lot of juicy SNK stuff. It kind of drags after about 1/3 of the way, but the first part is interesting at least.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I just want to know when you get to Matrimelee haha. I need a guest spot on that video

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Super obscure FF1 trivia that was missed in the video.

The "Neo-Geo guys" on the billboard on Duck King's stage are Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

CSN_boxset.jpg

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

The "Neo-Geo guys" on the billboard on Duck King's stage are Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

CSN_boxset.jpg
Lol they made it into a Neo Geo game!?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member

CSN_boxset.jpg
Yeah, I wish I'd noticed. Got a few comments pointing it out already. It seems that an effort was made to include references to Western music in the background, especially in Raiden and Billy's stages.

But you know... you don't have to point this stuff out. I work for months on the video, and then the first day I post it I get all the corrections. Each one is a dagger in my heart. Funny thing working on Youtube, I'll tell ya.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Lol they made it into a Neo Geo game!?
was just wondering...do you ever get jealous of neo alec's view counts? do you view him as a rival? will you guys ever do a collab?

i recommend you do a collab for the matrimelee video.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
was just wondering...do you ever get jealous of neo alec's view counts? do you view him as a rival? will you guys ever do a collab?

We already collaborated. He makes a guest appearance reading the Nishiyama quote in the latest video. The Matrimelee collab sounds like a good idea.

His channel has more subs. He works really hard on it, and has even had two articles in Eurogamer.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
We already collaborated. He makes a guest appearance reading the Nishiyama quote in the latest video. The Matrimelee collab sounds like a good idea.

His channel has more subs. He works really hard on it, and has even had two articles in Eurogamer.
can you make an exception and skip the next game and move straight into matrimelee? i want to see the fall out from the video being posted in awbacon's thread.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
can you make an exception and skip the next game and move straight into matrimelee? i want to see the fall out from the video being posted in awbacon's thread.
I don't like when people suggest this. The whole gimmick of the series is doing them in order.

Besides, I'm not very interested in those later games. I'll probably quit before I get to all the mainline fighters just to avoid all those annoying comments from weirdos correcting me.

There's already a comment on the video talking about the specifics of when Yamazaki does and doesn't have Orochi blood. It's gonna be a nightmare.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I don't like when people suggest this. The whole gimmick of the series is doing them in order.

Besides, I'm not very interested in those later games. I'll probably quit before I get to all the mainline fighters just to avoid all those annoying comments from weirdos correcting me.
i was only suggesting it so i can see kernow yelling at bacon more.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
haha, yeah. Just let bacon do his thing. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. His channel is unique because he does obscure hardware without all the BS, and he's probably the most prolific retrogaming channel I know.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
You should really have kernow guest on one of your vids. That'll pump up your views and subs - guaran'fuckin'teed.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Lol why would I be jealous? I hope EVERYONE who is “good people” do well. I am in a competition with myself, nobody else

I probably kill my own reach by being a “video Monday through Friday” channel. I purge yesterdays shit for todays shit. That’s not helpful unless you are a massive channel.

But no why would I be jealous. I do it because I enjoy it and I talk about some super obscure shit most of the time that will never do giant views.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Lol why would I be jealous? I hope EVERYONE who is “good people” do well. I am in a competition with myself, nobody else

I probably kill my own reach by being a “video Monday through Friday” channel. I purge yesterdays shit for todays shit. That’s not helpful unless you are a massive channel.

But no why would I be jealous. I do it because I enjoy it and I talk about some super obscure shit most of the time that will never do giant views.
i am a sower of discord

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
But you know... you don't have to point this stuff out. I work for months on the video, and then the first day I post it I get all the corrections. Each one is a dagger in my heart. Funny thing working on Youtube, I'll tell ya.
I know it's difficult creating something, spending a lot of time making it, and then reading a comment you perceive as negative - but don't take it personally. I know it's hard to not take it personally but, bro, we're all rooting for you here, we're all in your corner. So if someone says, "Oh you should have mentioned _____," we're not attacking you or your video, we're just talking just cuz.

And dude you must complete the entire library. Autism youtube comments be damned. This is your destiny.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I know it's difficult creating something, spending a lot of time making it, and then reading a comment you perceive as negative - but don't take it personally. I know it's hard to not take it personally but, bro, we're all rooting for you here, we're all in your corner. So if someone says, "Oh you should have mentioned _____," we're not attacking you or your video, we're just talking just cuz.

And dude you must complete the entire library. Autism youtube comments be damned. This is your destiny.
He’s gotten this far. Gotta finish!

Neo Alec

20 Year Member

I appreciate the kind words. My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but was clumsy. Apologies to my friend @Fygee if it was taken any other way. That's my bad, and his comment wasn't even negative. I was trying to cheekily give a look behind the curtain of being a Youtube creator (work for months, and then get all the corrections on day one). I know that it's an unavoidable part of the process and that the comments are simply human nature. I used to comment on others' videos any time they left something out I felt was important, or said something I took exception to, especially before I was making my own videos.

He’s gotten this far. Gotta finish!
Sure. 33 down, only 139 to go!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I wish I'd noticed. Got a few comments pointing it out already. It seems that an effort was made to include references to Western music in the background, especially in Raiden and Billy's stages.

Even if your comment was tongue-in-cheek, just know it's not intended to be a slight or a criticism against the video at all. That shit is so obscure that even the most hardcore Neo nerds would have no clue. I just happen to know because my mom had that album when I was a kid and recognized it.

You work hard on your videos and we all really appreciate it. Remember that even folks like The Gaming Historian miss things. There will never be "one video to rule them all" on any game where every fact and facet about it is demonstrated in full.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I appreciate the kind words. My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but was clumsy. Apologies to my friend @Fygee if it was taken any other way. That's my bad, and his comment wasn't even negative. I was trying to cheekily give a look behind the curtain of being a Youtube creator (work for months, and then get all the corrections on day one). I know that it's an unavoidable part of the process and that the comments are simply human nature. I used to comment on others' videos any time they left something out I felt was important, or said something I took exception to, especially before I was making my own videos.

Sure. 33 down, only 139 to go!
whats 139 videos between friends?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
whats 139 videos between friends?
It only took me five years or so for the first 30. I would like to go faster.
Even if your comment was tongue-in-cheek, just know it's not intended to be a slight or a criticism against the video at all. That shit is so obscure that even the most hardcore Neo nerds would have no clue. I just happen to know because my mom had that album when I was a kid and recognized it.

You work hard on your videos and we all really appreciate it. Remember that even folks like The Gaming Historian miss things. There will never be "one video to rule them all" on any game where every fact and facet about it is demonstrated in full.
Thanks. Also, thank you for noticing the Crosby Still and Nash thing. Only you and a couple commenters noticed.