Trumps record breaking Presidency

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Hot Take: Isn't Three Mile Island, a privately owned facility, closing this year unless the government steps in? Why are they going out of business? Doesn't everyone need electricity? Maybe Trump's push for coal is putting TMI to shame. :lolz:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Hot Take: Isn't Three Mile Island, a privately owned facility, closing this year unless the government steps in? Why are they going out of business? Doesn't everyone need electricity? Maybe Trump's push for coal is putting TMI to shame. :lolz:

To be fair, nuclear power is an overwhelming win, except where the NIMBY asshats show up and cripple it with bad regulation (i.e. the United States).

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
To be fair, nuclear power is an overwhelming win, except where the NIMBY asshats show up and cripple it with bad regulation (i.e. the United States).

That's my point. A nuclear facility should be printing glowing green banknotes. But a private corporation is apparently incapable of handling it and is demanding the PA government helps them out or they're taking their third arms and going home.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
That's my point. A nuclear facility should be printing glowing green banknotes. But a private corporation is apparently incapable of handling it and is demanding the PA government helps them out or they're taking their third arms and going home.

I mean, more particularly, nuclear generating is being driven into the red by the regulations we've enacted. The operating companies aren't the one causing the inefficiency here. For TMI in particular, it's an oldass plant with tons of safety problems, and should have been decommissioned a long time ago. The problem is, it's near impossible to build new generating stations because you'll invariably run into some loonies who think you're Montgomery Burns. So they can only keep the old ones running.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nuclear power is really, really great. Until something goes wrong. Then it is really, really really really bad.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I mean, more particularly, nuclear generating is being driven into the red by the regulations we've enacted. The operating companies aren't the one causing the inefficiency here. For TMI in particular, it's an oldass plant with tons of safety problems, and should have been decommissioned a long time ago. The problem is, it's near impossible to build new generating stations because you'll invariably run into some loonies who think you're Montgomery Burns. So they can only keep the old ones running.

Ah, OK - I get your point. Yeah, the US' nuclear plans are all (AFAIK) using '50s-era designs. That said, TML has been approved for decades. It's old tech but I don't think the safety is an issue (as far as safety goes for nuclear plants). And like Norton said, nuclear plants are great until they're not. I think 2011 might still be visible in the rearview for a lot of people. And to borrow Lithy's tinfoil hat for a minute, I think the effects and impact of Fukushima have been drastically downplayed.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Chernobyl is a super interesting (I hate that word) world event of the 20th century. Up there with the Apollo Program, JFK conspiracy, and Mothman (who was reportedly seen at Chernobyl during the disaster). I can't get enough of the documentaries about the meltdown and recovery.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I'd like to say I've come to believe believe that the argument for states rights is based in racism.

The daughters of the confederacy wrote in textbooks that the civil war was started because of states rights and not slavery. Thus having people from the south argue that for generations.

I find the idea of people on the right arguing for it to cut bureaucracy preposterous. I know instead of having one centralized agency and set of standards lets have hundreds of thousands. One for the state, one for the city, one for the county......

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Chernobyl is a super interesting (I hate that word) world event of the 20th century. Up there with the Apollo Program, JFK conspiracy, and Mothman (who was reportedly seen at Chernobyl during the disaster). I can't get enough of the documentaries about the meltdown and recovery.

Interesting is just a segue into what makes a topic worth discussion. So long as you add the because, interesting is ok.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I'd like to say I've come to believe believe that the argument for states rights is based in racism.

The daughters of the confederacy wrote in textbooks that the civil war was started because of states rights and not slavery. Thus having people from the south argue that for generations.

I find the idea of people on the right arguing for it to cut bureaucracy preposterous. I know instead of having one centralized agency and set of standards lets have hundreds of thousands. One for the state, one for the city, one for the county......

There are plenty of pissheads like Robert Mercer who would love to see the federal government relinquish control over parks so that they could turn the public bathrooms into DNA collection centers.

I think his piss fetish is based of the belief one day you could find dietary problems and possible health issues from a urine sample. You could mail one in once a year instead of seeing a doctor as often.
Whatever it is that has piqued his piss interest sounds far off and a horrible idea for now.

Pretty sure urine is a inefficient way to get DNA.

One day Bill complained to his friend that his elbow really hurt. His friend suggested that he go to a computer at the drug store that can diagnose anything quicker and cheaper than a doctor.

''Simply put in a sample of your urine and the computer will diagnose your problem and tell you what you can do about it. It only costs $10." Bill figured he had nothing to lose, so he filled a jar with a urine sample and went to the drug store. Finding the computer, he poured in the sample and deposited the $10. The computer started making some noise and various lights started flashing. After a brief pause out popped a small slip of paper on which was printed: "You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water. Avoid heavy lifting. It will be better in two weeks."

Later that evening while thinking how amazing this new technology was and how it would change medical science forever, he began to wonder if this machine could be fooled. He mixed together some tap water, a stool sample from his dog and urine samples from his wife and daughter. To top it off, he masturbated into the concoction. He went back to the drug store, located the machine, poured in the sample and deposited the $10. The computer again made the usual noise and printed out the following message:

"Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. Your dog has worms. Get him vitamins. Your daughter is using cocaine. Put her in a rehabilitation clinic. Your wife is pregnant with twin girls. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer. And if you don't stop jerking off, your tennis elbow will never get better."

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can't think of any other country that's had a civil war that has treated the losing party so nicely. It is part of America's best and worst traits. And has ultimately ended with Trump as president, with "The south will rise again" turning into MAGA.

I really can not forget that huge, massive Confederate flag I saw while driving down some highway in Virginia in 2016 and just thinking, "...but why???"

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I think his piss fetish is based of the belief one day you could find dietary problems and possible health issues from a urine sample. You could mail one in once a year instead of seeing a doctor as often.
Whatever it is that has piqued his piss interest sounds far off and a horrible idea for now.

Pretty sure urine is a inefficient way to get DNA.

One day Bill complained to his friend that his elbow really hurt. His friend suggested that he go to a computer at the drug store that can diagnose anything quicker and cheaper than a doctor.

''Simply put in a sample of your urine and the computer will diagnose your problem and tell you what you can do about it. It only costs $10." Bill figured he had nothing to lose, so he filled a jar with a urine sample and went to the drug store. Finding the computer, he poured in the sample and deposited the $10. The computer started making some noise and various lights started flashing. After a brief pause out popped a small slip of paper on which was printed: "You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water. Avoid heavy lifting. It will be better in two weeks."

Later that evening while thinking how amazing this new technology was and how it would change medical science forever, he began to wonder if this machine could be fooled. He mixed together some tap water, a stool sample from his dog and urine samples from his wife and daughter. To top it off, he masturbated into the concoction. He went back to the drug store, located the machine, poured in the sample and deposited the $10. The computer again made the usual noise and printed out the following message:

"Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. Your dog has worms. Get him vitamins. Your daughter is using cocaine. Put her in a rehabilitation clinic. Your wife is pregnant with twin girls. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer. And if you don't stop jerking off, your tennis elbow will never get better."

The fact that so many pharmaceutical drugs require a prescription is part of the problem in medicine. I can buy a ton of useful drugs in Russia OTC, bring them back to the US, and not have to worry. We have allowed the insurance companies to run the insane asylum, the prisons, the public schools, etc. it’s crazy that no one can stand up to their lobby.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The fact that so many pharmaceutical drugs require a prescription is part of the problem in medicine. I can buy a ton of useful drugs in Russia OTC, bring them back to the US, and not have to worry. We have allowed the insurance companies to run the insane asylum, the prisons, the public schools, etc. it’s crazy that no one can stand up to their lobby.

I've got asthma and can buy an inhaler for roughly $3 here in China, and it works. I dunno how much an inhaler would cost in America but I do know you can't buy it OTC.

Marek

Banned
I've got asthma and can buy an inhaler for roughly $3 here in China, and it works. I dunno how much an inhaler would cost in America but I do know you can't buy it OTC.

Have you seen what happens when you mix tide pods and asthma inhalers?!?! Theres no way they can let them be sold otc

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

It was prescription only here for a long while but about 8 years ago it was made OTC for about $8.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I can't think of any other country that's had a civil war that has treated the losing party so nicely. It is part of America's best and worst traits. And has ultimately ended with Trump as president, with "The south will rise again" turning into MAGA.

I really can not forget that huge, massive Confederate flag I saw while driving down some highway in Virginia in 2016 and just thinking, "...but why???"

The political desire to keep another place on the straight and narrow doesn't last that long, so eventually you just turn it back over to the occupied and see what happens. (see: Afghanistan)

I think $20-30 without insurance.
Have you seen what happens when you mix tide pods and asthma inhalers?!?! Theres no way they can let them be sold otc

Now I'm curious...

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante

Hey, what's the name of one or two of these documentaries? I'd like to check 'em out

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Hey, what's the name of one or two of these documentaries? I'd like to check 'em out

Battle of Chernobyl and What Really Happened at Chernobyl are great. I need to watch The Russian Woodpecker. Also, not related really to the disaster itself, but Chernobyl Reclaimed is an amazing wildlife documentary.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Is this something your breitbart watching aunt posted on Facebook?

Because tidepods comes off as boomer speaker for “millennials don’t deserve any benefits”

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

That is a poignant historical argument.

If you forget that the Fugitive Slave Act is cited in secession decrees.

Marek

Banned
Is this something your breitbart watching aunt posted on Facebook?

Because tidepods comes off as boomer speaker for “millennials don’t deserve any benefits”

Your sarcasm detector has failed methinks. Or mine has... i just dont know sometimes

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Your sarcasm detector has failed methinks. Or mine has... i just dont know sometimes

Mine failed because the tide pod thing totally comes off as boomer bait with a dog whistle for “millennials are dumb. They don’t deserve the benefits your parents fought and secured for America in WW2”

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You guys are arguing with a guy who works(ed?) in the food industry and purposely waited for his shift to start so he could shit at work. What views did you expect this guy to have on the government?