Trump paid no taxes in 10 of the last 15 years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I don't know how best to change it, but I guess I would put a limit on how much loss a tax paying entity can declare for a tax benefit- yep, entity. So corporations and people should only be able to declare up to $300,000. I think that's a reasonable number. It covers most of the high end salaries out there. And for companies, a company should only be able to declare the sum total of available loss benefits of the shareholders who waive their allowance to the corporation.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Make no mistake: the Democrats don't want to fix the tax code either. I had a good laugh when I heard the recent Biden ads touting no tax increases for those making $400,000 or less. Hillary Clinton said $250,000 was the cutoff in 2016. Between that, the SALT cap, the mortgage interest deduction, etc the Dems are looking out for their base aka the professional managerial class.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Make no mistake: the Democrats don't want to fix the tax code either. I had a good laugh when I heard the recent Biden ads touting no tax increases for those making $400,000 or less. Hillary Clinton said $250,000 was the cutoff in 2016. Between that, the SALT cap, the mortgage interest deduction, etc the Dems are looking out for their base aka the professional managerial class.

no party with major funding wants to become that party without major funding.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
no party with major funding wants to become that party without major funding.

Bingo. Bernie proved small dollar donations can be viable but it's much easier to cater to the people at the top and rake in that sweet corporate cash and super PAC money.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bingo. Bernie proved small dollar donations can be viable but it's much easier to cater to the people at the top and rake in that sweet corporate cash and super PAC money.

I thought about this earlier after writing that post and wondered why the DNC doesn't change it's focus from mega donors to smaller donors, and I imagine the reality is that the small donors aren't consistent donors. People donated to Bernie because he was fighting for the things they wanted. I think people voted for Obama because he was on the same path, until the DNC and the GOP got in the way. And I am certain that the reason why Kerry and Hillary never had that same level of support was because they never offered to fight for the things people wanted (unless people simply wanted a woman in office, which is sort of sexist, Debbie).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/politics/ivanka-trump-donald-trump-tacves/index.html

Trump wrote off $26 million in unexplained "consulting fees" between 2010 and 2018, with almost $750,000 apparently going to his daughter, Ivanka, in one disclosure.

Since she's also an executive officer of his company, this was fraud.

Mr. Trump reduced his taxable income by treating a family member as a consultant, and then deducting the fee as a cost of doing business.
"The 'consultants' are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii.

That's one way to get around inheritance tax.