Triggerheart Exelica Goes Live Next Week

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I'll probably buy this. I'm starting to get bored (sorta) with rez.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
There's still no date listed on Xbox.com, though, and usually they have the week's game(s) listed by now. Hopefully it'll be true, though.

Guess I'll just stick with the DC version in the meanwhile... :envy:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Terry330 said:
No tate = no dice:emb:

Yep. I hear that.

The big problem with the new systems is the stupid user interface bullshit built into each one. Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo would have to write a tate version of their interface so it would work with a game running in tate mode. They'd never do it.

I'm happy with my DC version :D

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
im a big shmup fan, but this game looks like shit.
any real shmuppers who've played this think its good????

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
I shan't be so assumptive as to label myself a real shmupper, but I have played just about everything, and I would consider it to be somewhere squarely in the realm between average and good. Not great, by any means, but certainly not bad.

Probably not really worth $50 price it went for new on DC (but I guess it kind of has sentimental value on that system), but for $10 worth of MS points, I'd say it's a much better deal.

But I really wouldn't say it will hold as much appeal to hardcore players. It can't hold a candle to stuff like Psyvariar or Border Down or the very best on DC. But then it's only $10 now, so maybe that's okay.

Try the demo, go from there, I guess.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:

Well, it's easy as hell, so that's kind of a negative.
The anchor gimmick is kinda fun, but all in all it's average.

Worth $10 to someone who doesn't already own the game? Definitely. It's better than Omega Five that's for sure.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
It's out in the US marketplace now. Just finished downloading it.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
omega five was probly my fave XBLA arcade game to date...
i DOUBLE DOUBT this games better...

cannonball

15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
omega five was probly my fave XBLA arcade game to date...
i DOUBLE DOUBT this games better...

Was just my opinion since I've played both extensively. Trigger was more my style.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
so i just played this game a lot.
its really good; a lot better than i ever hoped to give it credit for being.
in my opinion, its not as good as omega v...but why?
im not really a "scoring" shmupper...if you are, this game owns omega v.
endless scoring possibilities it seems...but im just not into it.
i think im too old and uncoordinated already...

cannonball

15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
im not really a "scoring" shmupper...if you are, this game owns omega v.
endless scoring possibilities it seems...

That's pretty much why I prefer it over Omega Five. There's a bit more depth when it comes to scoring. That and in general I'm more of a vert shmup fan (aside from progear which is one of my favorites go figure).

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Omega V is just about finishing... This one has way more scoring, indeed. I'm completely slayed, though, by what happens when you finish the demo- I went to add some points to my account so I could buy it, but it kicked all the way out to the main XBLA menu way faster than I could get done! Christ, after most games making you click "no, I really, really, really don't want to buy this shit" three times before they let you out of the demo and back into the XBLA menu, I was amazed to just get unceremoniously dumped all the way out, even while I had clicked "unlock full game."

Pretty obvious that Warashi ain't too familiar with the get money game, heah.

Also, quite nice to see tate mode added after all.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I think its a pretty cool game especially for 10 bucks. Certainly looks good but is definetly a bit on the easy side. I like it better than omega v though

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have it on Dreamcast and its not that bad..and not that good. Its got some cool play mechanics like grabbing and tossing the enemies...but everytime I fire up the old DC there are a ton of other shooters I'd rather play...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
neo_moe said:
I have it on Dreamcast and its not that bad..and not that good. Its got some cool play mechanics like grabbing and tossing the enemies...but everytime I fire up the old DC there are a ton of other shooters I'd rather play...

Yah, DC got a number of incredible shmups... I do like the demo of Trigger, just can't decide if it is something I will play more than a week.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I like this game. I wanted to get it when it came out on Dreamcast. While it's far from the best shooting game in the world, it opens a whole new world of possibilities on XBLA. Worth $10 easily. I'm having fun with it so far.