Trailer Park Boys Return!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, Lahey, and Randy return in the new feature film "Don't Legalize It". :-J

I know the movie was released several months ago in select theaters in Canada. But, since I live in the US, I wasn't fortunate enough to see it. At least that is until it's recent release on DVD/Blu-Ray about a week ago on July 29th.

My impressions on it going in were kind of skeptical. It had been a while since Countdown to Liquor Day was released. Which to me, while still funny, was kind of disappointing to be honest. At least compared to the boys' previous episodes/movies. Also having seen what they did on their other original show, Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour. I was hoping some of that shows humor wouldn't leak into this new TPB release.

Well all I've got to say is that the new movie didn't disappoint! It is much better and funnier than CtLD was by far. The story, the Rickisms, Drunk-ass Mr. Lahey, they're all here and in proper form. Hell, even fat cheeseburger walrus Philadelphia Collins is in it(RIP). So, with a new season coming on the horizon(fall) I'm excited for the Trailer Park Boys' return!

So if you're a fan of The Trailer Park Boys I'd like to hear your impressions of the new movie. Also any your favorite moments, quotes, or Rickyisms from the original series/previous movies.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I was hoping some of that shows humor wouldn't leak into this new TPB release.

That was a concern of mine as well. Keeping the Boys out of the script writing department yielded great results this time around.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah, I went to see it. I live in Western NY so I was able to take the trip into Canada. I liked this movie much better than the prior movie. It felt more like an episode arc which was nice. They also seemed to bring back more of the cast for this movie which was unexpected, but I'm glad they did.

I can't believe they still had Ricky's car, I'm really wondering if they had to trash another or if that's been the same one this whole time.

Spoiler:
In the beginning of the movie when Julian and Jacob are stealing the urine and it spills all over them just made me cringe!

Seeing Mr. Lahey going straight to the cocaine was pretty entertaining. I can't remember what he was calling it, but it had me cracking up.

And then right at the end of the movie where they show that Ray just faked his death so he could get the money and live in a dump was just too much.

All around I agree though, a much better movie than the last!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Glad to hear that you guys' opinion of the new movie was the same as mine. :D

Also, if you guys didn't know. They just announced that the new season, season 8. Is going to be premiering this September on Netflix. I have to say, after seeing this movie. I'm super excited for the new season.

Yeah, I went to see it. I live in Western NY so I was able to take the trip into Canada. I liked this movie much better than the prior movie. It felt more like an episode arc which was nice. They also seemed to bring back more of the cast for this movie which was unexpected, but I'm glad they did.

I can't believe they still had Ricky's car, I'm really wondering if they had to trash another or if that's been the same one this whole time.

Spoiler:
In the beginning of the movie when Julian and Jacob are stealing the urine and it spills all over them just made me cringe!

Seeing Mr. Lahey going straight to the cocaine was pretty entertaining. I can't remember what he was calling it, but it had me cracking up.

And then right at the end of the movie where they show that Ray just faked his death so he could get the money and live in a dump was just too much.

All around I agree though, a much better movie than the last!

I also agree that it felt a lot more like a classic TPB story arc. Plus, like you said, the cast was way more diverse than the last movie. They brought out characters I haven't even seen since the first season.

Spoiler:

White liquor was what Lahey was calling it. :lolz: I was laughing my ass off when Bubbles was telling a drunk and coked-up Lahey not to electrocute Randy in his belly with the taser.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I remember watching this programme years ago and thinking it was hilarious. I forgot about it until now. Thank you.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Man I can't wait for Season 8. Been watching the Boys since season 1 when I was living up in BC. Sitting on the couch and all the sudden Showcase says "up next...Trailer Park Boys"...life has never been the same since then. Saw them last year for the "Dear Santa Claus, Go Fuck Yourself" tour in Chicago as well...laughed my ass off

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I'm about to watch "Don't Legalize It" for the first time. Weeeeeee!

Love TPB, I can really relate because I lived in a broke down trailer park for 3 months, it was just like the show but with more meth.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I'm about to watch "Don't Legalize It" for the first time. Weeeeeee!

Love TPB, I can really relate because I lived in a broke down trailer park for 3 months, it was just like the show but with more meth.

Yeah but did you see any Shithawks or Shit Storms or Shit Tornados or bottle kids?

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Yeah but did you see any Shithawks or Shit Storms or Shit Tornados or bottle kids?

Nah unfortunately it wasn't nearly that comical.

So I just finished watching it and I gotta say it had its moments, but it was kinda weird seeing everyone being old. Sucks that Phil Collins died too, he was always one of my faves, at least he was rockin the mustard tiger shirt.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
absolutely loved watching this back in the day... will be checking out anything they do for sure!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Nah unfortunately it wasn't nearly that comical.

So I just finished watching it and I gotta say it had its moments, but it was kinda weird seeing everyone being old. Sucks that Phil Collins died too, he was always one of my faves, at least he was rockin the mustard tiger shirt.

Philadelphia Collins was a great character. Big old greasy fucking boiler guy, mustard tiger wearing, dirty burger owning dude! At least his son Tom is still alive!

And yeah...Julian is really looking old now...and a bit bald too

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I'm a big fan of the show. I enjoyed the new movie, felt like it kinda dragged a little bit but definitely lots of funny moments and dialogue.
Really looking forward to the new seasons!

I noticed the mustard tiger shirt, too, and was listening intently for Bubbles to mention it but he didn't. One thing I gotta hand to the show is how classy and subtle they are with their "callback" jokes. They give their audience enough credit to pick up on stuff like that rather than stuff rehashed jokes down your throat like an Austin Powers sequel.

and Lahey's "White liquor" had me rolling :lolz:

the first time I watched through TPB series it was through Netflix, and then I found out about all the companion films and the two 1999 B&W short films AFTERWARDS and always wished I watched it differently the first time around.
So I tried to put the timeline in chronological order of events and not when stuff was filmed (for example, the X-mas special was filmed after season 4 I think, but the events actually take place before season 1 as we get to see Ricky cause all the initial damage to the shitmobile.)
So I came up with this (please someone correct me if anything is out of place):

the Christmas special
the two 1999 B&W short films "Trailer Park Boys" and "The Cart Boy"
Seasons 1-5
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie aka The Big Dirty (which is in essence an "alternate timeline" of Season 5)
Seasons 6-7
Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys
Countdown to Liquor Day
Don't Legalize It
Seasons 8-9 (SOON!) :vik:

I know it's been over a year now, but RIP Richard Collins :crying:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I had no idea the bluray/dvd came out the other day! Just picked it up on Amazon after reading this thread :) My wife and I really wanted to see it in theaters, but kids and all that...

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I'm happy to see some fans of the show around here! :D

the first time I watched through TPB series it was through Netflix, and then I found out about all the companion films and the two 1999 B&W short films AFTERWARDS and always wished I watched it differently the first time around.
So I tried to put the timeline in chronological order of events and not when stuff was filmed (for example, the X-mas special was filmed after season 4 I think, but the events actually take place before season 1 as we get to see Ricky cause all the initial damage to the shitmobile.)
So I came up with this (please someone correct me if anything is out of place):

the Christmas special
the two 1999 B&W short films "Trailer Park Boys" and "The Cart Boy"
Seasons 1-5
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie aka The Big Dirty (which is in essence an "alternate timeline" of Season 5)
Seasons 6-7
Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys
Countdown to Liquor Day
Don't Legalize It
Seasons 8-9 (SOON!) :vik:

I know it's been over a year now, but RIP Richard Collins :crying:

Funny, I did a similar thing as well. Though I put the original B&W movie, and the Cart Boy before the Christmas special personally. If only because the shit-mobile isn't in it. As well as Bubbles, at least, not as he is in TPB. Also there's another B&W movie that Clattenberg made prior to the B&W TPB movie. It's called "One Last Shot", and it has Robb Wells, and John Paul Tremblay in it. It's mentioned in the Hearts of Dartmouth TPB documentary. Though for the life of me I can't seem to find a copy anywhere.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Funny, I did a similar thing as well. Though I put the original B&W movie, and the Cart Boy before the Christmas special personally. If only because the shit-mobile isn't in it. As well as Bubbles, at least, not as he is in TPB. Also there's another B&W movie that Clattenberg made prior to the B&W TPB movie. It's called "One Last Shot", and it has Robb Wells, and John Paul Tremblay in it. It's mentioned in the Hearts of Dartmouth TPB documentary. Though for the life of me I can't seem to find a copy anywhere.

Yep, that definitely makes sense to put the B&W films first.

I'd really love to see "One Last Shot." I hope they release it one day

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member

He saw plenty of shit ropes. I think beef is actually The Green Bastard.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
He saw plenty of shit ropes. I think beef is actually The Green Bastard.

THE_GREEN_BASTARD_by_MalevolentNate.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I fucking hate what Bubbles turned into. In the beginning his character was real laid back and subdued, and really fucking funny. They turned him into a gay cartoon character in later seasons and fagged it up hard with Conky. Seriously, go back and watch season 1 and compare him to season 4. His voice sounds forced as hell.

Live in fucking Dublin sucked.

I hope season 8 is good.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I fucking hate what Bubbles turned into. In the beginning his character was real laid back and subdued, and really fucking funny. They turned him into a gay cartoon character in later seasons and fagged it up hard with Conky. Seriously, go back and watch season 1 and compare him to season 4. His voice sounds forced as hell.

Live in fucking Dublin sucked.

I hope season 8 is good.

I think part of why he seemed subdued in season 1 was because Clattenberg was being a bit on the cautious side when it came to dropping the "cocksuckers!" and "what in the fucks!". If I remember from the commentary. Plus, to be honest Bubbles was almost kind of a secondary character in Season 1 imo. Since the focus was way more on Julian and Ricky than anything else. It wasn't until the second season where they focused on Bubbles more and made him more of a main character. Season 2 and 3 are a couple of my favorites when it comes to Bubbles. Such as the episode when Bubs has to rap in place of J-Roc at the rap show. :lolz:

Still, I liked season 4 alright, even the Conky episode somewhat. Though they should've definitely left Conky alone after that and not brought him back in Season 7. I really think they were grasping at straws with that one.

Never actually saw live in Dublin. Though I did see them live a few years back during their Drunk, High, and Unemployed tour. Which I thought was pretty damn hilarious.

I too hope that season 8 is good. Though now that I've seen and enjoyed their newest movie. I have a bit higher hopes that it actually will be.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The show is way funnier when the focus is on Ricky and Julian. Bubbles is best served as a supporting character. When I say subdued, I mean personality wise, not his language. In the later seasons he had this horrible affect on his voice that made him almost unbearable to listen to.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
The show is way funnier when the focus is on Ricky and Julian. Bubbles is best served as a supporting character. When I say subdued, I mean personality wise, not his language. In the later seasons he had this horrible affect on his voice that made him almost unbearable to listen to.

I do love Julian and Ricky as characters. Especially Ricky and his "isms". Bubbles though, he's easily my favorite character, goofy voice and all. Yeah, I guess his personality was quite subdued in the first season, but that of course comes with being a secondary character at that time I suppose. I personally like that they made him more of a main character in the subsequent seasons. Even with some of the goofy shit they did with Conky and stuff.

Agree to disagree? ;)

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The new movie was just OK. While I am happy to see the boys again, do we really need to drive the franchise into the ground until you tarnish the older, better stuff? (see Simpsons).