*TRADED* Busted six slot mvs board

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Hi,

I have a broken six slot MVS board for trade or sale. I messed up the NEO-B0 chip up pretty badly and it probably needs to be replaced. My buddy thought he could repair it but he never got around to it.

The board is in not so great shape. Aside from my own incompetence, its got a crack in the corner, the metal mesh cover is dented in said corner. The bios is Japanese region. Oh and it has a coin battery mod on there. As far as I know the top board is functioning as I tested it out on my other screwed up six slot board and it was working.

Pics of the board can be found HERE

I am mostly looking for Windjammers (isn't everyone?), or Magical Drop 3. I would be happy to do a straight trade for one of those games for the board.
But let me know what you got and perhaps we can work out a deal.

I am open to any offers or trades for the board.

Thanks for looking.

*Traded Cyber-Lip and Super Spy

Here is a pic of the game
DSCN0669_zps407b916a.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Bump! Added my broken six slot board that I just got back from a friend.

Super Spy has been traded. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Ill try and get some pics up tomorrow....feeling lousy at the moment due to a cold.

Anyways I also have a Cyber Lip cart that I wouldn't mind trading for something else.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
That 6-slot is glorious to behold... If you were in Canada, I'd be tempted to scoop it.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
That 6-slot is glorious to behold... If you were in Canada, I'd be tempted to scoop it.

If you are willing to pay for the shipping charges then make me an offer. An MVS game or something like that would work fine for a trade. I have no use for it as I don't know anyone who can fix it :/

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
I would but I know the shipping would be $30 - $35. Christmas makes large purchases hard. I'm sure someone in the US will scoop this, maybe mjs256.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
I'm mostly looking to trade but yeah I could do that. Not 100% sure what its worth but I would say $60+ shipping.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the best i would be able to do on that one is about 35 its a loose cart as far as the trade the only game i would be able to offer is a copy of metal slug 4 but its a boot

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Bump.
My nephew is looking for some Gamecube games....so if anyone has some that would be acceptable trade bait.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
I was going to a little while ago but he never got back to me. I was trying to see what would be the cheaper route between channelmaniac and mainman. I guess they got upset at that and neither of them returned my PMs. No biggie really cause I think it would have cost about as much as I paid for the boards in shipping alone to get them back here.
Anyways I just figured I would post it here in case somebody could use it.

Hate to see see a bad board get no love.

Check with mainman. See if he can fix it.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
If I could just sell some of my extras I'd probably buy this, would be pretty cool to see a 6-slot board in person. I guess I'm in a similar situation as you, heh.

My suggestion is to keep bumping this, see if there's interest during january. Someone will surely grab this board, if I don't get it first that is... Just not a good time for me at the moment. I love a good PCB challenge.

Question, what is the current symptom of the board when you power it on? Click of death?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'm not taking on any new board repairs... Was out on business travel 3 out of the last 5 weeks for the day job and spent this past week sick. I'll also be traveling both sides of the globe over the next 3 months.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
I'm not taking on any new board repairs... Was out on business travel 3 out of the last 5 weeks for the day job and spent this past week sick. I'll also be traveling both sides of the globe over the next 3 months.

No worries man. I don't really have any spare cash to get it repaired anyways.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
It was powering on and playing....Just with garbled and glitched graphics. I gave it to my brothers friend cause he was in the TV/VCR repair biz for like 30 years. He didn't get around to it for awhile. When he did try and repair it he cleaned up the soldering mess that I made but was not able to solder the pins. He also messed with some of the other pins on the chip thinking they were screwed up as well. Turns out he made the problem even worse cause the board wont even pass the hardware boot up now. The unibios I had installed in it gave me a hardware error message when I powered it up.

If I could just sell some of my extras I'd probably buy this, would be pretty cool to see a 6-slot board in person. I guess I'm in a similar situation as you, heh.

My suggestion is to keep bumping this, see if there's interest during january. Someone will surely grab this board, if I don't get it first that is... Just not a good time for me at the moment. I love a good PCB challenge.

Question, what is the current symptom of the board when you power it on? Click of death?

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
The PRO-B0 still looks fixable, nothing some flux and an iron won't solve. Did your brother's friend add those ceramic caps?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I was going to a little while ago but he never got back to me. I was trying to see what would be the cheaper route between channelmaniac and mainman. I guess they got upset at that and neither of them returned my PMs. No biggie really cause I think it would have cost about as much as I paid for the boards in shipping alone to get them back here.
Anyways I just figured I would post it here in case somebody could use it.

Dude I never got that pm because I would never be so rude as to not respond.

To the point, I am currently backed up in repairs due to the insane amount of time my new job puts on me. If you would be willing to send the board to me and wait a month for me to turn it around I could fix it providing you did not damage that custom chip

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
No the caps were there when I got it off a member on klov. When I first got it it was having a color problem. Two pins on the bottom of the board were touching each other. I moved them and the color problem stopped. Unfortunately while I was in the process of trouble shooting that problem I happened to move one of those caps. The leg came loose and caused some square/block glitches to show up on the screen (I never saw any glitches until after I fixed the color problem). Me being the dumbass that I am figured I could get a little solder and put it back into place.......and thats how it ended up with the way it is now.

The PRO-B0 still looks fixable, nothing some flux and an iron won't solve. Did your brother's friend add those ceramic caps?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Dude I never got that pm because I would never be so rude as to not respond.

To the point, I am currently backed up in repairs due to the insane amount of time my new job puts on me. If you would be willing to send the board to me and wait a month for me to turn it around I could fix it providing you did not damage that custom chip

Really its fine. I just figured I did something to offend when the both of you didn't return my PMs. I would imagine you two probably get a ton of PMs and whatnot so I just shrugged it off. It was probably for the better anyways as I ended up needing the extra cash at the time.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I would but I know the shipping would be $30 - $35. Christmas makes large purchases hard. I'm sure someone in the US will scoop this, maybe mjs256.

Sorry I have not been around here much recently, but yes, I would be interested in this board, depending on purchase price and shipping cost. We may be able to arrange a trade or something also. PM me if you are still interested in unloading it, and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks!