Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Google Translate said:
[Cave New Game Development Project]
Announced on July 13
Scheduled to be delivered around 2022
Price: undecided

Cave announced on July 13 that it will develop a completely new title for the shooting game "Touhou Project". Delivery is scheduled around 2022. Price and compatible hardware are undecided.
This was revealed in the news release "Notice Regarding the Start of New Game Development" released by Cave on July 13th today. "Touhou Project" is a group of works centered on barrage shooting games produced by the individual circle "Team Shanghai Alice" run by Mr. ZUN.
Cave, who is in charge of development, is a game production company known for developing shooting games such as the "Donpachi Bee" series and "Gothic is a magical maiden-make a quick contract!" Cave received it and developed it as a completely new game that puts all the secrets of shooting games so far. It is scheduled to be delivered around 2022.
Details will be announced one by one. I look forward to future information disclosure.

Source in Japanese

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yooooooooooo

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Someone used the Monkey's Paw. Does cave have anyone left to make a competent stg?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It's best to keep expectations low due to the mobile bias Cave has, as was already stated, but this *could* be huge. If it's a PCB, the hype train will be maxed out.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
But it's going to be a Touhou game? So it's going to have zero budget and look like generic anime? Not excite.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Just food for thought: Imagine if Cave did this Touhou game but with hand-drawn sprites like their 90s games. Stupid imagination aside, let's see what Cave does with the Touhou IP. Hopefully a full-fledge bullet hell arcade game for consoles and PC but knowing Cave likes that mobile cash, I better don't get my hopes very high. From what I've heard from Japanese Twitter users, it sounds like this could be a make-or-break kind of title for Cave...