Tokyo 42 - Isometric Assassin Game [Hotline Miami Clone?] (PC/XB1)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone playing this?

Seems pretty cool and reminiscent of Hotline Miami, albeit this is 3D and makes use of an isometric perspective.

Just did the first couple missions. Died a lot at first, but reloading is instantaneous ala Hotline so you can attempt again and again and again to your heart's content.

Has some platforming elements that seem more puzzle based than anything and orienting the camera in the right direction.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Cool recommendation - just checked out a vid. Reminds me a bit of Bonanza Bros.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Enjoying the game so far. The bizarre isometric perspective is, for me, more part of the charm though it definitely can be a hindrance in more frantic moments.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
if it has a soundtrack like the hotline Miami games I will need this

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
if it has a soundtrack like the hotline Miami games I will need this

It's a little more chill and ambient. Fits the world nicely but i wosh there were some more driving tracks.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I started playing this last night. I like it quite a lot.

Soundtrack is very good, as mentioned (the track on the trailer that plays for it on XBL is so, so good, still waiting to hear it in game c'mon). Feels a little easier to play than Hotline Miami, probably because the pace is a little slower.

Mission structure is fun, nice variety. Jumping in isometric space feels weird as hell at first, but the little white line that shows where your feet are is enough to go by, actually feels perfectly fair and more of an enjoyable challenge than bad.

Smooth difficulty curve, too. You go from wow this is easy to hey wait that mission took 20 tries while barely noticing it.