To All Would-Be Scammers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
This community is as hard as nails, and a large group of us treat each other like family.

If you register here because you are in financial trouble, on drugs or whatever and plan on scamming one of us out of money - think before you do it.

We WILL sniff you out and do what we can to ruin you before one of our own is lured into your scam.

THE SCAMMING ENDS HERE.

As a community, we can deal with assholes ragging on other members and being annoying, its the nature of the beast. STEALING is not.

I don't care if you have hundreds of deals here - if you are at fault and don't make good on your fuck up - you are tarnished.

This isn't fucking ebay.

Its Neo-Geo.com - a community of friends, enemies and drama.

Would any of you let one of your friends steal from your family members?

If I didn't send someone what they paid for and kept on making deals while ignoring my initial client - I am FUCKING UP. There is no "He must have a reason for it" or "He will make good on it" - Its a FUCK UP and should be dealt with accordingly.

I STRIVE to make my dealings the best they can be.

I make sure I have the time to ship an item out that day or the following if the individual on the buying end had the time to send me the money that day.

I will not PUNISH a buyer for making a complaint about me.

If I send an item out and its slow to arrive, hey, that may very well be the fault of the shipping company - but if I make a habit out of slow shipping, its a FUCK UP and will be noted by the community.

If I send you something and its missing a part and you complain about it publicly - its MY FAULT for not including it and I will send it to you at no charge.

If I continue to ship things with missing parts - guess what? ITS A FUCK UP.

The feedback system is great.

But 1 negative here is like being suspended from ebay.

There are no second chances.

You fuck up here, I will make sure you don't sell another fucking item.

You guys mean too much to me to let someone scam you or treat you like a piece of shit even though you are the victim.

Things are going to change around here.

MODS - if we sniff out a scammer, you MUST do what you can to get that person the fuck out of here so nobody does business with them.

Its our job as a community to make sure NOBODY buys from these degenerates.

Don't turn the other way - speak the fuck up for your fellow brother or sister.

Its not "just the internet" on these boards.

Also, on the subject of questionable dealings - when someone buys something from wherever and brings it here to make money off of it - its entirely up to you if you want to purchase that item.

I don't like it any more than the next guy, but if the items are shipped and received on time, then whatever.

We can't tell you what to spend your money on - but if you want to be a dumbass and pay more than its worth, thats fine - you might get a PM or response telling you that you are a moron.

I don't like members who come here to profit off of other members - thats cold.

But I can't stop this from happening.

Also -

I've fucking had it with noobs coming here and losing money by commiting to a deal with a respected member and then everyone backs up the respected member.

Grow some fucking balls and tell that person he's a fucking asshole.

Every member has the right to voice their opinion.

If you are having a bad deal - don't sit there and say "I'd rather not mention his/her name right now" - you have to let us fucking know! This could be someone making multiple deals and cashing out, never to bee seen again.

Come together people.

- Michael

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Awesome, thumbs up man. We definitely need to stick up for each other against these scammers.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I think any buyer should be weary of dealing with any sellers that have a feedback rating less than 15 and are not willing to ship first. I know this isn't a full-proof plan as we've seen with Billd420, but at least this might reduce the number of scams that occur on this BBS.

Most high-dollar scammers want to swoop in, drop a few scams, and ditch their accounts.

We all know members like Jedah Doma are going to go with the flow and speak up for a scammer that has 100 feedback instead of the victim that has 20.

I hope everyone takes the time to read this. Thanks Mike.

Last edited:

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
Props tp ya tonk! I always back who i think is right even in the bill feasco so i agree there but deff the best post ive read in awhile.

Poonman

macebronian
Awesome thread.
On that note, Shir0 has no business in the selling forums until he either A: gives me back my 60 bucks or B: gives me those 2 Saturn games I paid him for 3 years ago.

I'm a pretty laid back guy and it was a pretty small sum of money...but if it's all the same to me, he should be blackballed (if he ever comes back).

Being too busy to ship the games, but making time to cash my money order just rubs me the wrong way....fuck that guy.

Shito

King of Typists,
Great post TonK. I sniff a bit of Fran-style, but may be just me. Or the double spacing, that is. ;)

Anyway what I said is:

seconded

(Shito = scammed once from a former member of this board)

ratson

Medical Marijuana., Pfffttt......, Dumbass 'murika
The reason i hardly ever buy anything from the internet is scamming but reading this thread by tonk gives a noob like me faith in the neo community.

MeTaLCzAr

Belnar Institute Student
The reason i hardly ever buy anything from the internet is scamming but reading this thread by tonk gives a noob like me faith in the neo community.

So far this is a solid community, Im at about 6 completed (not logged) transactions.

With MANY more to come.

Forgotten_Freshness

(aka FFClassicGaming)
I just wanted to say that when I signed up here last year or so, this was the thread that made me feel safe about trading here. I love this place. :buttrock:

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
So far this is a solid community, Im at about 6 completed (not logged) transactions.

With MANY more to come.

Not after the latest bs you aren't. Kinda funny a person of suspect character like yourself has posted in this thread.

TLH

Crazed MVS Addict
So far so good!

The people that I purchase from on this forum so far have been great sellers. I so appreciate this forum and the market place. There simply is no where safer and easier to buy games to complete my collection. That said, if anyone tries to rip me off, the forum will here about it. I once bought a bogus metal slug on ebay, but the kid that sold it finally made it right. This forum is certainly not ebay! I have always received quality items at a fair price. tlh

primarydirectiv

Bashful Neophyte
I am totally new here, but have already made 3 purchases. Seems like a tight community, and this post promises a much welcome comfort zone. Looking forward to a long stay.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
nobody wants your bootlegs electrograve
:D

For anyone who's new, electricgrave doesn't sell boots, neokrates just fucking trolls him about it for seemingly no reason.. Just don't want any confusion about a stand-up guy in a sticky meant to protect people from scam artists.

pinkfloydmusic

Bashful Neophyte
also i would add try to always pay with paypal for some protection!
checks and money orders are usually never refunded even from big companies. and like a scammer will do so!!!
paypal at least will refund u if the seller doesnt provide a tracking...
so buyers use paypal...sellers use tracking! after it ships enter the number into the trnsaction on paypal and most of the time if there is a dispute paypal will just handle it directly if u can prove shipping.
ive done lived and learned on both sides of that fence!
been selling floyd lps and metal lps for many years so i do know what i am talking about (and always send priority for international,as registered can take months!!!)

Last edited:

Acteon

Bashful Neophyte
Probably the best market thread post I've ever read. Elegant and forceful, as it should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.