Tinnitus

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Any of you chucklekfucks have it? I spent more time than I can count in a machine shop and I can't sleep because of the constant whining in my left ear. It's just a constant hiss.

I have to listen to music or play a movie to drown it out.

When it gets really bad it causes vertigo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've got it. Sucks. Most of the time, I can kind of tune it out. But once I notice it again, it's fucking piercing. And yeah, that's weird, but it's more in my left ear, too.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I still have damn good hearing but when it's quiet I get that reverberating high pitched noise. Sucks indeed.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Go on compo mate. Over here you can claim 20k on industrial deafness.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Some hearing aids (which you might need regardless if you have enough hearing damage to get tinnitus) now have things like tinnitus notch therapy built into them. Everybody is different, so your results may vary, but this does help a LOT of people deal with tinnitus.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yes. This has just appeared out of no where for me, a week ago today. Went to bed fine, woke up with a headache and screaming ringing in both ears. I've been to the docs and they can't see anything wrong, they say it often disappears as suddenly as it appears so give it a month or so and if no change come back.

It's driving me slightly mad.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I don't have tinnitus but I have shit hearing since forever, you win some you lose some I guess.

Also I thought this was a recent thread. Did you find a solution @terry.330 ?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yes. This has just appeared out of no where for me, a week ago today. Went to bed fine, woke up with a headache and screaming ringing in both ears. I've been to the docs and they can't see anything wrong, they say it often disappears as suddenly as it appears so give it a month or so and if no change come back.

It's driving me slightly mad.
If there's no obvious cause, it could be an infection of some sort. You could try a course of antibiotics.

I went to a concert back in the 90s and had tinnitus for months afterwards. It did finally go away or maybe just reduced to an imperceptible level. Since then, I always wear earplugs going to shows or operating loud power tools. Even with the earplugs, tinnitus sometimes comes back for a few days here and there.

Try not to focus on it. White noise at night helps.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I have it but ignore it unless reminded.

Too many concerts in my 20s and 30s.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Had it for about ten years now in both ears. Doesn't bother me unless I actually notice

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
No I don't, which is a small wonder considering all the concerts and raves I've been to.

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
too much walkman in the 80s, too much minidisc in the 90s and too much techno in the 00s fucked up my ears just enough to be annoying.
noticed that posture and good dental care help for some reason as I had some issues with the connection between my mouth and ears. So sitting up straight and exercising helps. Beyond that its just annoying to have as it always comes when you don't want it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
My hearing, especially my left ear, is very bad. That's what happens when you hang out and work in arcades for 43 years :tickled: