Thunder Force V

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I got this off PSN a few weeks ago and dropped it on the PS3 and PSP.

I've been playing it a ton. Particularly on the PSP.

I play it in upscaled mode on both systems and freaking love it.

I can now get to the final boss (?) on one credit but haven't got a clue what I'm doing, and am still pretty sketchy on Stage 6 too, but pretty confident with the rest of the game and always improving.

Anyone else playing this? I love everything about it. Sure, Free Range is definitely overpowered, especially for taking down bosses, but it's still a kick ass game.

It's also from an era that will never exist again. The inexplicable Japanese game with a lot of the explanation in English.

Iron Maiden - she is dead but alive at the same time

What??

Armament Armed Arm (class) - it died three times, but was reborn twice

So, er, that means it is dead then right??

Vastian's Steel, or Vasteel

So who decided to call it Vastian's Steel, and why? Mr Vastian? Also, clearly everyone thought it was a crap name if they then just decided to call it Vasteel for short.

Quality stuff.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah i've been meaning to pick up the saturn version. I've had limited experience with the game compared to III and IV, but my interest level in the game has been high as of late. You can't go wrong with technosofts post-genesis era stuff.

Austin

n00b
This is definitely an awesome game.. I played it loads on the PSX when it was brought over here, then picked up the Saturn import to see the differences. When I get a PS3 or PSP (again), I know what I will be buying!..

On a side note, the free-range weapon is essential for maxing out your score multipliers. The nice thing about the game though is that it's generally just a lot of fun even if you're not trying to compete for a top score.

slap_fight

n00b
This is definitely an awesome game.. I played it loads on the PSX when it was brought over here, then picked up the Saturn import to see the differences. When I get a PS3 or PSP (again), I know what I will be buying!..

On a side note, the free-range weapon is essential for maxing out your score multipliers. The nice thing about the game though is that it's generally just a lot of fun even if you're not trying to compete for a top score.

Bingo.

Free-Range is your friend and generally speaking does a lot of damage, if you aren't using this already for the final boss use it a little. Also, the over-weapon with Free-Range is helpful.

One question if by final boss do you mean the bug in the green vertical corridor or do you mean the statue at the end of 6?