'this thread is for lonesage to view japan pics' cheers mate

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So I went to Japan and snapped some pics...

1.jpg

Somewhere in the Imperial Palace park areas.

3.jpg34.jpg

Couple shots from Akihabara

4.jpg

View from atop the Tokyo Metropolitan government building!

5.jpg

When in Japan do as the Japanese do! *cough*

6.jpg

Takeshita Street... super packed.

7.jpg9.jpg

Shinjuku by dusk

8.jpg10.jpg

Meiji Shrine / Entrance Tori Gate

12.jpg

Shibuya crossing

13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg

Waiting for a river cruise to Asakusa from Odaiba Beach / Spaceship boat! The whole time on this boat we were blasted with I assume these characters voices.... I needed a drink.

16.jpg

Sensoji Shrine in Asakusa

17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg37.jpg38.jpg

Trip up Mt Takao, didn't see many foreigners up here... Fantastic Udon at this place

24.jpg25.jpg26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg

Trip up to the 5th Station on Mt Fuji - Even the tour guide was taking pics as Fuji wasn't so shy on this day! / Also a trip on Lake Ashinoko and traditional lunch.

29.jpg31.jpg

Bullet train from Odawara to Tokyo - took us 2.5 hours by bus from Tokyo and this train took less than 30mins.
Lovely smoking room.

32.jpg33.jpg

ShinYokohama ramen museum and Yokohama Cosmoworld / Shopping mall

View attachment 45399

What a ride!

Too many pics to upload them all SageBro!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Great weather it seems, you still there?

Two more things you must do:

Drink Asahi beer. All of it.

Go to a maid cafe, and report back

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Go to a maid cafe, and report back

I got back on the 21st :( still reeling from being back. The weather was fantastic, it started out looking wet and humid but ended up being dry and warm with only one wet day. Lucky!

I said hello to so many fucking maids trying their best to get me in but they were nice to look at.

I drank more Suntory Premium Malts and Yebisu than Asahi because we have imported Asahi all over back home. The Suntory stuff you really can't get. I really want the Suntory Grapefruit/blood orange, lemon/lime 9% 500ml cans. They are instant get the party started!

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
:keke: I was thinking the same thing!

Haha same here. All that culture, all that architecture, and all I noticed was take a shit street and a tree looked like it had a stubby dick.

There's no hope for me.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The ramen museum was pretty great when I went a few years ago. I'd love to get back there someday. Great pics, thanks for sharing!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I haven't been to Japan in 20 years...Nice pics man, im hoping i can make it for the 2020 Olympics.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Looks like you had a great trip to Nippon, Lachlan, welcome back and thanks for sharing your photos!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member

they sell this at my local supermarket. Its my go-to. Sage, you ever drink TSINGTAO? im drinking it right now. it says its China's fav beer

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Great pictures...giving me fond flashbacks to my trip there a few years ago.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
they sell this at my local supermarket. Its my go-to. Sage, you ever drink TSINGTAO? im drinking it right now. it says its China's fav beer

I went to Qingdao for the beer festival and won a drinking contest once. It is indeed China's favorite beer

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Did you wear a surgical mask, too? Or a little Japanese baby? As in: seamlessly blending in ;).

Congrats for visiting the Mecca, Dingo Hunter!

I was drinking these and wandering the strip sticking out like dogs balls haha!

JMX8031A.jpg

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Very nice pics man thanks for sharing, great stuff I enjoyed them.

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
So I went to Japan and snapped some pics...

View attachment 35024

Somewhere in the Imperial Palace park areas.

View attachment 35025View attachment 35026

Couple shots from Akihabara

View attachment 35027

View from atop the Tokyo Metropolitan government building!

View attachment 35028

When in Japan do as the Japanese do! *cough*

View attachment 35029

Takeshita Street... super packed.

View attachment 35030View attachment 35031

Shinjuku by dusk

View attachment 35032View attachment 35033

Meiji Shrine / Entrance Tori Gate

View attachment 35034

Shibuya crossing

View attachment 35035View attachment 35036View attachment 35037

Waiting for a river cruise to Asakusa from Odaiba Beach / Spaceship boat! The whole time on this boat we were blasted with I assume these characters voices.... I needed a drink.

View attachment 35038

Sensoji Shrine in Asakusa

View attachment 35039View attachment 35040View attachment 35041View attachment 35042View attachment 35043View attachment 35044View attachment 35045View attachment 35046

Trip up Mt Takao, didn't see many foreigners up here... Fantastic Udon at this place

View attachment 35047View attachment 35048View attachment 35049View attachment 35050View attachment 35051

Trip up to the 5th Station on Mt Fuji - Even the tour guide was taking pics as Fuji wasn't so shy on this day! / Also a trip on Lake Ashinoko and traditional lunch.

View attachment 35052View attachment 35053

Bullet train from Odawara to Tokyo - took us 2.5 hours by bus from Tokyo and this train took less than 30mins.
Lovely smoking room.

View attachment 35054View attachment 35055

ShinYokohama ramen museum and Yokohama Cosmoworld / Shopping mall

View attachment 45399

What a ride!

Too many pics to upload them all SageBro!

Dammit, I only passed by the takeshita subway sign. I didn’t know there was so much more shit to see 😔

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Dammit, I only passed by the takeshita subway sign. I didn’t know there was so much more shit to see 😔
There will always be more shit than you could ever see no matter how many times you visit. I'd actually like to go there for a few months and just camp my way from hokkaido down just floating about. Legit would probably be the best trip.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Did you actually eat at the Big Boy? More pics plz.

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
And because the thread is old, it that gives me a excuse to share some holiday photos.

View from the 32nd floor of the Sunshine City Prince Hotel in Tokyo during the day.

IMG_5634.jpeg

And same again at night. I’m no country bumpkin but the endless sprawl of skyscrapers everywhere you looked as far as the eye could see really got to me. No surprise this is the largest city on Earth by population.

4bccd07e-2269-455d-afef-d6bac553afa2.jpeg

A gardener doing a Mr. Miyagi in the Empress’s Gardens at Meiji Jingu.

IMG_5748.jpeg

Cat and dog cafes are old hat. All the cool kids in Kyoto now hang out at the Micro Pig cafe. Coincidentally there’s a Izakaya nearby that do a lovely young pork ramen.

IMG_0692.jpeg

The FR2 clothes shop in Osaka certainly made a bold statement with its logo. I bought a little model from the Gatcha machine outside because I’m classy.

IMG_0759.jpeg

View from a bridge in the deer park halfway up Miyajima hill.

IMG_5998.jpeg

A tiny hot plate restaurant in Hiroshima that did great Teppanyaki and Okonomiyaki (picture is of a Teppanyaki). It was called ‘Atom’ because their signature dish was a spicy Okonomiyaki laced with lots of kimchi which the wife had.

IMG_6021.jpeg

This building and why there is a shrine in Hiroshima needs little introduction. However, I was there by coincidence the same time as Zelensky was so there was a heavy police presence in the city. I went to the peace memorial building later and they were just taking down the plastic screens to prevent Wyo & co. from taking a sniper shot at him. Crazy.

IMG_0887.jpeg

Traditional room at Jokinn temple in Koyasan. (Where else would a Jock stay). Lots of delicious vegetarian food and I got naked in the Onsen with a monk. We discussed our envy of Belgians with massive ding dongs.

IMG_0941.jpeg

Okunoin in Koyasan. One photo doesn’t do it justice, well worth even a day trip from Osaka. There’s a well which if you look down and don’t see your reflection it is said you will die within 3 years. There is also a saying that if you trip on these steps then you will die within 3 years. Maybe if you get both you die that day?

IMG_6149.jpeg

Last edited: