This Just In: Internet Trolls Are Really Just Bad People... Questioned Nobody, Ever...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Slate is reporting that, yes, Internet Trolls Really Are Bad People.

In a study that is sure to surprise absolutely nobody, real money and science were spent to prove that there is a link between time spent commenting online and personality disorders.

The study found correlations, sometimes quite significant, between these traits and trolling behavior. What’s more, it also found a relationship between all Dark Tetrad traits (except for narcissism) and the overall time that an individual spent, per day, commenting on the Internet.

Thoughts, my fellow miscreants? I guess it's OK that now we can all claim the reason we spend so much time here is due to a real honest-to-goodness personality flaw...

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I'm not surprised at all. I've been suspecting several members of having a cluster B personality disorder since coming on this site. It sucks when their bs gets directed towards me, but it's also kinda funny to watch them at work on people who really deserve it, so I roll with the punches.

I rarely play games online and when I do I either play with close friends or I'll play something where communicating isn't required, and I won't connect the headset, so they don't bug me too much.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I cant help myself online. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when i put people down.

Im actually a pretty nice guy in real life provided you agree with me.

STFU Psygnosis8.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Screw cancer, these are the real issues that science needs to address.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
This Just In: Internet Trolls Are Really Just Bad People... Questioned Nobody...

I cant help myself online. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when i put people down.

Im actually a pretty nice guy in real life provided you agree with me.

STFU Psygnosis8.

Haha! Adding one more to the list...

We've all got traits, but it becomes a disorder when the behavior becomes maladaptive, ie borderlines cut themselves and sabotage interpersonal relationships. Narcissists often attempt suicide when humiliated. THATS when it's a disorder. Many of these people find themselves in jail or prison because of their behavior.

But hey, I ain't doggin' anybody. I love the fireworks here. That's why I keep coming back ;)

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I had a guy call me a douche yesterday. Lucky for him, I was miles away from my keyboard or I would've gave him a piece of my mind.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I hate the fact that tapatalk doesn't hide the spoilers.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
That study is probably funded by the Wildo Coalition - who btw is lurking as I type this. I bet they're just butthurt queers trying to put one over on us real normal people. Ok gotta go back down to my hate dungeon and come up with new insults while I fap to my wall of Sylvie pics.

Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 5.08.11 AM.png

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I'm not surprised at all. I've been suspecting several members of having a cluster B personality disorder since coming on this site.

Were you able to ascertain their GAF scores as well?

;)

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Please, like he has a clue how those work.

They can afford internet so I'd guess 50's-60's. Unless they're homeless child molesters accessing the forums from the public library when they're not sneaking little boys into the bathroom for a rogering. Then I'd say 30s.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
They can afford internet so I'd guess 50's-60's. Unless they're homeless child molesters accessing the forums from the public library when they're not sneaking little boys into the bathroom for a rogering. Then I'd say 30s.

Yup

Not a clue.