Things you've never done that most everyone else has

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I mean that’s just common sense, it doesn’t sound tasty and if the chef fucks up your dead. Next!

A part of me wants to try it. I think Japan is one of the last places left on my bucket list. I've pretty much been to every country I've ever wanted to visit besides some Middle Eastern ones like Egypt, Lebanon, and if I'm lucky (or unlucky) Iraq. So when I finally land in Tokyo one day, I might take the plunge.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m guessing it’s the thrill of dicing with death then? That BBC article makes it sound rather disappointing to actually eat.

“Raw fugu is rather chewy and tastes mostly of the accompanying soy sauce dip.”

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I’m guessing it’s the thrill of dicing with death then? That BBC article makes it sound rather disappointing to actually eat.

“Raw fugu is rather chewy and tastes mostly of the accompanying soy sauce dip.”

Sometimes life is about experiences or the cliché thing with the journey not the destination.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Never been to a foreign country. Closest i have gotten was when i worked in Alaska and we traveled the Yukon all the way out to the border of Russia.

Never participated in a fantasy sports league.

Never seen Avatar either

Never fucked Roker’s mom

Never enjoyed a Metroid game

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
How is that even possible?
I finally played a Zelda i enjoyed recently with Links Awakening on GB, so i really tried to give Metroid 2 an open minded revisit as well afterwards. Just no. Wandering endless rooms that all looked exactly alike (black backgrounds and craggy turd walls) just does nothing for me. Sometimes there are secret places in the walls to roll through, i get it. Whoopie.
I played the game for about 2 hours and was just bored shitless.

As far as Roker’s mom… well, i do get blackout drunk from time to time… maybe i just don’t remember, lol.

Oh i have also never been to disney land… or world. I dont even know which is which.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Never been to a foreign country. Closest i have gotten was when i worked in Alaska and we traveled the Yukon all the way out to the border of Russia.

Deets please. I’ve always wanted to see this part of the world.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Deets please. I’ve always wanted to see this part of the world.
The honest answer is not glamorous when seen from a tug boat. Mud hills on both sides, dead trees, many of which are on fire during the summer due to random lightning strikes. Reapplying 50% deet bug spray every 2 hours to prevent being eaten alive, and also trying to remember to take your sunglasses off before application cuz the shit eats plastic and you really need those sunglasses because its bright outside 24 hours a day during the summer. Thats the view from may through mid September.

Late September things start RAPIDLY changing and there is hardly no sunlight hours, and the aurora borealis can be seen at night. My best memory from my 5 months of work hell there was in late September we were stationed above the arctic circle and it was the very first night we had to actually tie up and not continue driving throughout the night. I went out on our barge and sat and watched the northern lights in the best place to see them and they were the coolest thing i have ever seen in my life. Like someone is penning cursive in the sky in psychedelic colors.

I want to go back to alaska for a non-work related trip, but i will definitely be choosing to go in the winter months because the place is pretty gruesome in summer!

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Never
  • chewed the end of a pen or pencil
  • smoked a cigarette or cigar / used cannabis or coke
  • saw Lost
  • laughed at Friends
  • got a speeding ticket
  • been to carl's jr, hardy's, jack in the box, etc.
  • been outside of north america

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The honest answer is not glamorous when seen from a tug boat. Mud hills on both sides, dead trees, many of which are on fire during the summer due to random lightning strikes. Reapplying 50% deet bug spray every 2 hours to prevent being eaten alive, and also trying to remember to take your sunglasses off before application cuz the shit eats plastic and you really need those sunglasses because its bright outside 24 hours a day during the summer. Thats the view from may through mid September.

Late September things start RAPIDLY changing and there is hardly no sunlight hours, and the aurora borealis can be seen at night. My best memory from my 5 months of work hell there was in late September we were stationed above the arctic circle and it was the very first night we had to actually tie up and not continue driving throughout the night. I went out on our barge and sat and watched the northern lights in the best place to see them and they were the coolest thing i have ever seen in my life. Like someone is penning cursive in the sky in psychedelic colors.

I want to go back to alaska for a non-work related trip, but i will definitely be choosing to go in the winter months because the place is pretty gruesome in summer!

Dude, this is rugged as fuck.

What an experience!

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into one of your seasons. The northern lights are for sure on my list.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Never seen any of the Godfather movies.

Late to the party here but I wanted to comment on this.

I had never seen the Godfather movies up until aobut 10 years ago - but, I had seen "The Godthumb" which came out after Steve Oedekerk had released the Thumb Wars parody.

Anyway, a few years ago I decided to stop down and watch Godfather. I was absolutely floored at how faithful the parody was to the actual film lol. They cut a lot out of it, of course but all of the jokes from the short were riffs of actual scenes from the movie from Lucca Brazzi working himself up to talk to Don Corleone at the wedding, the whole presentation of selling drugs to the Don (presented as a meat cube machine as opposed to a meat ball maker), and even the attack on Sonny.

The parodies were literally perfect. Were they hilarious? Eh, not really but kinda goofy funny. Kind of the same type of jokes as Kung Pow, also by Oedekerk.

But they were ACCURATE lol. I kept giggling to myself when watching the actual Godfather.

I finally watched all three and agree that Godfather 3 was crap. But Im evidently in the minority that believes G1 is the superior film.

Edit: I've got one that Ive never done - I've never seen The Wizard.

Seen clips, know about the Power Glove being "so bad" and that it introduced SMB3, but I've never actually seen the movie.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
But Im evidently in the minority that believes G1 is the superior film.

it really is

blows my mind that they say 2 is better
Spoiler:
There are more characters and story arcs that all blend seamlessly and I love the story of the rise of Michael Corleone in pt 1 as opposed to pt 2 with his turn to being a ruthless mob boss and losing his soul. I also thought pt 2's DeNiro story didn't mix well with the overall movie (though it was still good) All scenes with Diane Keaton and Al Pacino in pt 3 are actually good. They could have cut out the rest of the movie as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
it really is

blows my mind that they say 2 is better
Spoiler:
There are more characters and story arcs that all blend seamlessly and I love the story of the rise of Michael Corleone in pt 1 as opposed to pt 2 with his turn to being ruthless mob boss. I also thought pt 2's DeNiro story didn't mix well with the overall movie (though it was still good) All scenes with Diane Keaton and Al Pacino in pt 3 are actually good. They could have cut out the rest of the movie as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I have the Godfather Coda, that new 'directors cut' thing that Coppola released and its supposed to be super long, but I havent started it yet.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Agreed. I have the Godfather Coda, that new 'directors cut' thing that Coppola released and its supposed to be super long, but I havent started it yet.

Spoiler:
Was actually happy when Sofia got smoked at the end of 3. She's an ok director though. I liked Lost in Translation.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Can't drive - never sat behind the wheel of a running car, no desire to learn. Would be a rusting waste of money sitting outside now where I'd have to pay a parking permit, and probably only use it on weekends.
Join the club. I'm a lifelong pedestrian. Figure there's enough nuts on the road. Ride public transit for $64 every 31 days, not worrying about gas, repairs, accidents and the other things associated with owning a vehicle. Besides, if it's anything like the arcade drivers, I'd go out of my way to drive over all the stupid people crossing the roads :tickled:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Glad I’ve got 3 cars to make up for those in this thread that don’t drive. Insured on a 4th as well.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
-I have never done illegal drugs
-I never went to prom
-I never had no job since i was 16
-no wrestling posters on wall
-backstab a friend
-Watch classic movies like Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Godfather series etc...Just recently watch Its a Wonderful Life, was great
-Play AAA titles like Metal Gear, Bioshock, Halo, Fallout

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
-Watch classic movies like Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Godfather series etc...Just recently watch Its a Wonderful Life, was great

If you haven't already, watch Harvey. Great film.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
-I have never done illegal drugs
-I never went to prom
-I never had no job since i was 16
-no wrestling posters on wall
-backstab a friend
-Play AAA titles like Metal Gear, Bioshock, Halo, Fallout
Uhm