Things you regret - (neogeo related)

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Just saw my first trade here on neo-geo.com

and it hurts when I look at it....

anything neogeo or videogame related you regret afterwards?

Attachments

• 2015-10-23_025007.jpg
    2015-10-23_025007.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 204

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Not Neo Geo related but it is gaming. I sold a copy of Suikoden II and I to some guy on eBay. I let him have a pretty good price on it. I loved those games to death though and I hated to do it but I needed college books and a new computer for classes. Regardless, the sleazy fuckbag messaged me saying the discs were scratched and in terrible condition. He demanded I refund him half the price of the games because they PROBABLY didn't work. I asked him to please send them back to me multiple times and I'd refund him entirely. He kept refusing saying it takes him four hours to get to his PO box... I didn't even ship the games to a PO box.:lolz: Why does getting to his PO box even matter? He even had the nerve to message me a month later and tell me he sold them to his boss for $160. Almost double what I sold them to him for. He then went on some fucking trip about how good of a person he was and how I was a terrible human-being. He was talking about how his boss hugged him and told him he loved him and his wife agrees I'm an awful person. What a guy... Luckily eBay sided with me but I still hate the fact that my favorite games went to this scumbag. Sorry for the rant. The resentment is still strong and the regret is real.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
not too much of a regret, but i would of liked to of kept my mvs which i sold off a few years ago.because i'm on the verge of buying another.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Not Neo Geo related but it is gaming. I sold a copy of Suikoden II and I to some guy on eBay. I let him have a pretty good price on it. I loved those games to death though and I hated to do it but I needed college books and a new computer for classes. Regardless, the sleazy fuckbag messaged me saying the discs were scratched and in terrible condition. He demanded I refund him half the price of the games because they PROBABLY didn't work. I asked him to please send them back to me multiple times and I'd refund him entirely. He kept refusing saying it takes him four hours to get to his PO box... I didn't even ship the games to a PO box.:lolz: Why does getting to his PO box even matter? He even had the nerve to message me a month later and tell me he sold them to his boss for $160. Almost double what I sold them to him for. He then went on some fucking trip about how good of a person he was and how I was a terrible human-being. He was talking about how his boss hugged him and told him he loved him and his wife agrees I'm an awful person. What a guy... Luckily eBay sided with me but I still hate the fact that my favorite games went to this scumbag. Sorry for the rant. The resentment is still strong and the regret is real.

wow,that guy really is a sleazy fuckbag. but it was out of your control dude,it wasn't your doing, so you shouldn't regret it.shit happens,deal with it and move on.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
wow,that guy really is a sleazy fuckbag. but it was out of your control dude,it wasn't your doing, so you shouldn't regret it.shit happens,deal with it and move on.

Yeah... But... Suikoden 2! I loved that game...

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Yeah... But... Suikoden 2! I loved that game...

ok,for a moment i thought you meant you regret selling the game to a scumbag.i feel your loss. suikoden 2 is my second favourite ps1 rpg of all time.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
ok,for a moment i thought you meant you regret selling the game to a scumbag.i feel your loss. suikoden 2 is my second favourite ps1 rpg of all time.

Both actually. I hate the fact that I had to sell it but the icing on the cake was that it went to a guy who didn't even appreciate it and just tried to scam me.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Not selling my PS3 on release day.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Every time I get home from work and an amazing MVS sales thread has been picked over.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I regret selling my Nam, Shock troopers, and Metal Slug X.

Ah well.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If you only played it once or twice, don't regret it. Stop thinking about what you could sell it for now.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm a big fan of getting rid of the useless junk and redundancies in my collection, but the only things I regret getting rid of are my TurboDuo games. I bought a US Duo new from TZD in 2001 along with Dracula X, Lords of Thunder, Gates of Thunder and a handful of hucards. Those would be my only titles for a long time, and as great as they were I was at a point where I needed cash to pay some bills and I hadn't played them in a while. I sold my boxed, still mint and looking like new Duo on ebay for $180 shipped. I figured I could always rebuy it, they weren't expensive then.

A little while later, still without a system I traded my Dracula X and Lords of Thunder for a PSP and a few awesome games. This was when the PSP was still new, and the value of the PSP stuff was a bit more than the PCE stuff, so it was a good deal at the time.

I did eventually get some more PCE hardware, I currently have a US TG16 CD setup and a full PCE briefcase, but Dracula X and Lords of Thunder cost way too much now for me to grab. Same with the Duo, no way am I going to get another US system, but I may grab a JP Duo sometime if I can find it cheap. Thank goodness I held onto my Gates of Thunder 4 in 1 disc.

I know that's not Neo related, but meh. I sold most of my MVS carts last year, and several home carts this year. I don't miss a thing, and the freed space allowed me room to set up a badass game area.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I reget that sn00t probably hung himself in his hallway closet by now...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You're a noble squire and will make a fine knight in your own time.

Fucking whining about a profit of a few hundred dollars if OP held onto it for ten more years. Pathetic

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Fucking whining about a profit of a few hundred dollars if OP held onto it for ten more years. Pathetic

This is lame, for sure.You sell it when you sell it. If you got $200 out of it in 2006 and it's now worth $800...who fucking cares. There's just as good of a chance that you'd sell something for $200 in 2006 and now it's worth $80. Getting bent out of shape about it is silly.

Personally, I always try to do what I feel is best at the time, I've never sold for financial reasons be it "I need the $$" or attempting to free up funds for something else. When I sell a game, it's because I simply do not play the thing enough to warrant having it. I quit owning for "collecting" years ago...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Auto erotic asphyxiation.

David_Carradine_as_Caine_from_Kung_Fu_-_c._1972ndash1975_zpsbwum5lst.jpg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
FWIW, I don't lament because I could have sold it for a better price later, it's because I want just want to buy them back and they are now unobtanium.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
FWIW, I don't lament because I could have sold it for a better price later, it's because I want just want to buy them back and they are now unobtanium.

That I do understand. If you shed an item for whatever reason then later decide you want it back, it sucks a big one to see the price went up tenfold.

I sold off my NES Mega Man 1-6 set...I had bought them all years ago when the prices were low. In time, I decided I wanted MM2 back and when I went to get a clean copy, the price was way higher. In the end, I paid the piper and just did it...

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Neo Geo related - Capture.PNG

I regret not getting some of the later AES releases. Not all of them, but I was around at the time. I gave up on KoF after the 2000 debacle, which was a mistake. I really like some of the later KoF. I'm just terrible at them.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Not making the owner of a local laundromat an offer on a Goldie they had and not getting Rage of The Dragons on MVS when the Neo Shop was selling it for 45 dollars or something stupid like that. Other then that, all of the stuff I sold I don't regret. I got Nightmare in The Dark and Ghost Pilots for 40 a piece and paid off my XBox 360 with them.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I really regret selling my Metal Slug 2 JPN and Viewpoint ENG homecarts. I want them back now but the price has skyrocketed. For MS2, there are potential risk for buying a bootleg nowadays. Other than these 2 games, I have no regret.