Things i want from SNK (or whoever owns them now)

sinister

n00b
I feel like being an SNK fan in America I always have and will be shat upon. Capcom vs SNK was the introduction to many casuals who primarily played Street Fighter and was the perfect time to release great games to capitalize from the resulting exposure.

I'm part of a small niche market that plays old games and kinda always have. Even during the height of PS2 I was playing SNES stuff. I still run physical PS one games on my PS3. I really wish I could get a backwards compatible PS3. SNK could release certain things tomorrow in theory that would make me satisfied that I know they just won't.

I remember being at a friend's house a few years ago and seeing MOTW on live. Why can't we get it on the Network? This is supposed to be like one of their best games ever. I much prefer the PS3 overall and use it for everything from web browsing, to playing music, to Netflix, to WWE network to playing Blu Rays etc.

I remember sometime around a decade ago that Sony of America having some issue with 2d games and SNK and Capcom had to start coupling games together. I had to buy SVC chaos on Xbox. I would have strongly preferred if we had an American version of the PS2 port.

On network right now I can get 94 (not rebout) 95 (which I am sure is the ps1 version I used to own), 96 (which I did download), and 99 (agetec PS1 version). They also have Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Shodown. 98 is generally considered the best king of fighters. UM was great and should be up there. 02 is the other arguable best one and I would love for Unlimited match to be out here in the states. I'd even be "dumb enough" to pay for a Nests collection just for enhanced graphics, extra strikers, arranged music, playable Krizalid, and the bonus versus mode stages in 2000. I'd even want Neowave despite it being a glorified yet inferior version of 02 for Neowave Geese and the different modes.

Is there anything that anyone can do to make this happen?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yeah just give me a few, ill call up SNKP HQ and tell them to get right on this.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Tell them you want a cartridge based system that can play all your favorite retro games.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
if your gonna play SNK on sony and Ms consoles then heres your answer;

EMULATION EMULATION EMULATION.

And if you want it on a console:

SOFTMODWII= EMULATION

Cheaper than hunting for all these digitals and bundles your buying, with probably closer to arcade gameplay

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'd even be "dumb enough"...

Leave out those silly quotation marks and get yourself a Neo-Geo X. The prime achievement of a small niche market that plays old games, as you adequately put it, and... enjoy!

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
if your gonna play SNK on sony and Ms consoles then heres your answer;

EMULATION EMULATION EMULATION.

And if you want it on a console:

SOFTMODWII= EMULATION

Cheaper than hunting for all these digitals and bundles your buying, with probably closer to arcade gameplay

^ This.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I feel like being an SNK fan in America I always have and will be shat upon. Capcom vs SNK was the introduction to many casuals who primarily played Street Fighter and was the perfect time to release great games to capitalize from the resulting exposure.

I'm part of a small niche market that plays old games and kinda always have. Even during the height of PS2 I was playing SNES stuff. I still run physical PS one games on my PS3. I really wish I could get a backwards compatible PS3. SNK could release certain things tomorrow in theory that would make me satisfied that I know they just won't.

I remember being at a friend's house a few years ago and seeing MOTW on live. Why can't we get it on the Network? This is supposed to be like one of their best games ever. I much prefer the PS3 overall and use it for everything from web browsing, to playing music, to Netflix, to WWE network to playing Blu Rays etc.

I remember sometime around a decade ago that Sony of America having some issue with 2d games and SNK and Capcom had to start coupling games together. I had to buy SVC chaos on Xbox. I would have strongly preferred if we had an American version of the PS2 port.

On network right now I can get 94 (not rebout) 95 (which I am sure is the ps1 version I used to own), 96 (which I did download), and 99 (agetec PS1 version). They also have Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Shodown. 98 is generally considered the best king of fighters. UM was great and should be up there. 02 is the other arguable best one and I would love for Unlimited match to be out here in the states. I'd even be "dumb enough" to pay for a Nests collection just for enhanced graphics, extra strikers, arranged music, playable Krizalid, and the bonus versus mode stages in 2000. I'd even want Neowave despite it being a glorified yet inferior version of 02 for Neowave Geese and the different modes.

Yes but what are you offering in return?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

lol

sinister

n00b
Yes but what are you offering in return?

In all honesty an inordinately high amount of money that's multiple times what the games are truly worth and far more than what others have paid years ago in other regions. However I don't think any of us have the type of money to let them compete in the US market at the level they want. As much as Capcom is "struggling" if SNK had their current level of success in the U.S. it would be considered a great success relatively speaking.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
1. The sales for the Neo Geo Station were not great. They just had a sale for all the games ($2.70 each) and looking at all the rooms in all 16 games (which Neo Geo Station lets you do) I only see 2 people at best waiting on all 16 games at a time. Mostly KOF 95,96 Metal Slug 1&2. I'll go out on a limb and say the sale didn't do much either.

2. PC allows you to play almost every Neo Geo game online for free. Granted the online is from '08, but free is free and it's better then most releases Playmore has had (except Neo Geo Station)

3. To the companies Darkstalkers Resurrection failure has kinda proved in the minds of the developers that making a console port of something you can play for free online is not the wisest idea (unless you are talking 3rd Strike)

4. The last game Playmore released neo geo wise was Metal Slug 3. It was not part of the Neo Geo Station. Looking at it I'd bet the contract Playmore had with N2 to make the port has expired. To make another one would probably be costly.

I want more titles on PS3 as well, but facts are facts. The likely hood that we will see anything new on PS3 is slim.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
They just had a sale for all the games ($2.70 each) [......]

I picked up a few of the PSP minis during that sale even though I already own SNK Arcade Classics 0 for PSP. I could stomach paying less than $1 to play a few of them on my PS3. I didn't even know that SNKP did minis prior to this and I found out about Time Soldiers due to it, which was cool. I was surprised that they bothered to add continues to Ikari Warriors and used the uncensored Ikari III ROM.

I want more titles on PS3 as well, but facts are facts.

I always found it odd they developed NGBC, 98UM, & 02UM for 360 with it's non-existent Japanese fanbase and didn't bother with the PS3. I guess they can just shit out the PS2 releases on PSN with little effort.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
This thread should be renamed to "I need 100 postings but I don't know any good topics to start with".

^^

sinister

n00b
This thread should be renamed to "I need 100 postings but I don't know any good topics to start with".

^^
This thread should be called "no matter what I say some asshole will complain"

When I made a thread about things SNK should have done in the past someone said it would be better to focus on what they can do today. Now that I followed that suggestion you are being rude, tactless, and provided no actual complaint as to what was wrong with the topic.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I think it would be great if they made blues clues 2!

sinister

n00b

If they can do it in Japan then they can do it in the U.S.

If the American SNK audience is so much smaller than the American one you would think it's more imperative to give them things. The reason you see games like Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, Street Fighter III third strike are offered because they are trying to offer the best of what they have to consumers. MOTW, Samurai Showdown 2, and King of Fighters 98 are the respective best games of their franchise. More people have PS3s than Xbox 360s. Xbox Neowave has a terrible glitch with burn mode and Eolith and SNK's licensing issues prevented a couple of characters of being on the Xbox version. With Capcom/Street Fighter being so much more popular you would think SVC chaos would be a good way to get casuals and SNK hard-core fans alike. Arcade versions of any game run better than any PS1 port.

It's not like they are going to have a bunch of physical production costs for a digital release. It's not like it would take the time to develop a game to simply port or import.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If they can do it in Japan then they can do it in the U.S.

878d33458f2b7e3e5058df87e979f0ec.445x250x1.jpg

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Im sorry dude but topics like these aren't well respected on the forums. Its just more meat for the butthurt assholes at neo-geo.com to make fun of.